hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Rangers Europa League Final

I have just read loads of comments on Facebook congratulating Rangers on their win (even from Celtic fans).

I know this is the height of pettiness but I cannot force one brain cell to feel positive about Rangers succeeding in any way. I don't even want to see them win a throw-in, never mind a major trophy 🤣

I'd be interested to know how others feel about it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Exactly the same. Turns my stomach seeing those ***** so happy. And don't start me on this 'good for Scottish football' nonsense!

Left by mutual consent!
    I've been abusing Huns on Facebook since the result. All the comments are about the most successful Scottish club etc.
    They don't like that every other football supporter in Scotland does not believe the narrative that they are not a new club, as, and I quote - UEFA and FIFA say we are the same club.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Congratulations in order only if they get hammered in the final. But win the bloody Scottish Cup this year 😔!! Detestable club but there's one fixture I always want them to win.
    Last edited by Baader; 05-05-2022 at 11:05 PM.

I was all for them going through and winning it as i thought they'd play west ham in the final.
    Now, I'm all for ze Germans.

Not losing any sleep over it. There's no two ways about it, Rangers have turned in some phenomenal displays to reach the final and I don't have a problem acknowledging that.

If it was Hearts on the other hand...

@hibs.net private member
    Regardless off which team it may be I want Scottish teams to succeed in Europe. It can only help increase the profile of the game in Scotland which is a benefit to Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless off which team it may be I want Scottish teams to succeed in Europe. It can only help increase the profile of the game in Scotland which is a benefit to Hibs.
    Couldn't disagree more with this.

Unless it's us I honestly couldn't give a **** about their results. More often than not I hope they get pumped. Just like every fan I know out with Hibs were hoping Rijeka beat us.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    No, stop it, their reaching the final does F.A. for Hibs and the rest of Scottish football. I really hope they suffer heartbreak but don't destroy Seville in the same way they ruined Manchester in 2008.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I have rangers supporting friends who don’t believe me when I say I’m happy to see them get there.
    I’ve wound them up at every opportunity over the last ten years,it’s an incredible achievement in this day and age to see a team from the spl go to a European cup final.
    No sure I’m ready for the attitude of the majority in their support if they lift the cup though.
    As long as they leave something in the tank for the jambos on may 21st I can maybe stomach them lifting it dare I say.😬

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more with this.

Unless it's us I honestly couldn't give a **** about their results. More often than not I hope they get pumped. Just like every fan I know out with Hibs were hoping Rijeka beat us.

I don't give a *** about their results either, but if they manage to make it I prefer they win for the reason stated. I think Scottish football needs every bit of help it can get in attracting talent and success in Europe, regardless of which team it may be is, in my opinion, all part of that.

May has turned into an absolute ****ing ******** of a month for Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    May has turned into an absolute ****ing ******** of a month for Football.

I'm in a bad place fitba wise. Not good.

I don't give a *** about their results either, but if they manage to make it I prefer they win for the reason stated. I think Scottish football needs every bit of help it can get in attracting talent and success in Europe, regardless of which team it may be is, in my opinion, all part of that.
    Reported!

I think most of us are scunnered.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    If you think them getting to the final or winning the thing will have any impact on players we can hope to recruit I think you're wrong.

Again, hope they get absolutely pumped in the final.

Hopefully the gunts will put as much energy and graft into ensuring their wee brother gunts are well beaten and sickened in the final. Weirdo Gunts, all of them. Self serving b stards.

Hope their flights get canceled and the bus breaks down in France and they have to walk to Seville. A dose of the s***s during their long walk wouldn't go amiss either.....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Hope their flights get canceled and the bus breaks down in France and they have to walk to Seville. A dose of the s***s during their long walk wouldn't go amiss either.....

Absolutely brilliant result for them, mon the Frankfurt!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    So Celtic & Rangers could earn up to £40m from their Champions League run next season and Hearts over £5m from their Europa League involvement. Can someone explain to me how this is good for Hibs please cos as far as I can see, it’s an unmitigated disaster.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 06-05-2022 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Absolutely brilliant result for them, mon the Frankfurt!
    Yes, they have surpassed all expectations and well done to them, but I won't watch the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    So Celtic & Rangers could earn up to £40m from their Champions League run next season and Hearts over £5m from their Europa League involvement. Can someone explain to me how this is good Hibs please cos as far as I can see, it’s an unmitigated disaster.
    Yes, it would be a massive blow to us. We simply can't compete with that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yes, it would be a massive blow to us. We simply can't compete with that kind of money.
    We already can't compete with their money.

Testimonial Due
    Feel so-so, happy to see Scottish success, will smile if they lose. Best thing is that Morelos has to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    🤣🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    I fear for the good people of Seville!

To hell with the club, the fans and the fawning media. A poisonous institution. I hope they get banned from European competitions when they inevitably wreck Seville.

A BIG WELL DONE to ex Hibs and now Feyenoord player Marciano for reaching the final of the Conference League by beating Olympic Marseille 3-2 over two legs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEast View Post
    To hell with the club, the fans and the fawning media. A poisonous institution. I hope they get banned from European competitions when they inevitably wreck Seville.
    Yeah. Those wishing them well in the final must've forgotten songs about killing Neil Lennon and Alan stubbs having cancer. Hope they get destroyed

Don't necessarily mean on here, but seen a few Hibs fans online doing so.

To quote the Kaiser Chiefs I predict a riot. They are incapable of behaving at European Finals. The combination of sun, drink, and drugs and being in a "fenian" country will be enough to ensure carnage. I was hoping they would get WHU but that would only give them the excuse to blame Hammers fans or the usual favourite excuse of Chelsea interlopers when the inevitable trouble happens.

The Scottish media will already have their media brooms at the ready to try and sweep the inevitable under the carpet like they did in Manchester.