hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Andy Goram RIP

R.I.P Andy . 1 of the best keepers of your generation , world class , easily the best keeper iv seen in a Hibs or Scotland jersey .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to see him at Powderhall after the game too betting on the greyhounds, think he was with Andy Rhodes but it was a long time ago so maybe someone else!
    Yes it would have been Andy Rhodes, both from same area of England and very good pals. Andy Rhodes was probably with the Pars at that time.

If anybody was watching the BBC Scotland article about his funeral tonight it would have been hard to work out that he did play for clubs other than Rangers. It was all about Rangers, past and present, and mentioned Rangers past players who were at the funeral too. I hope there was some sort of Hibs representation there, he was an important and valuable player for Hibs too. Poor show from the BBC, but not in the least surprising.

I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody, both my parents succumbed to it fairly recently, but I'll have fond memories of when Goram was at Hibs, he was the best Scottish keeper I've ever seen.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    If anybody was watching the BBC Scotland article about his funeral tonight it would have been hard to work out that he did play for clubs other than Rangers. It was all about Rangers, past and present, and mentioned Rangers past players who were at the funeral too. I hope there was some sort of Hibs representation there, he was an important and valuable player for Hibs too. Poor show from the BBC, but not in the least surprising.

I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody, both my parents succumbed to it fairly recently, but I'll have fond memories of when Goram was at Hibs, he was the best Scottish keeper I've ever seen.
    Agree with you mate. The BBC Scotland coverage was more about Rangers than Andy himself. He actually played more games for Oldham than Rangers and not that many fewer for Hibs, but not a mention of any part of his career other than Rangers.

Tells you all you need to know about BBC Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Agree with you mate. The BBC Scotland coverage was more about Rangers than Andy himself. He actually played more games for Oldham than Rangers and not that many fewer for Hibs, but not a mention of any part of his career other than Rangers.

Tells you all you need to know about BBC Scotland.
    It's probably what he would have wanted to be fair.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    He was a great goalie but how he attached himself to the worst elements of Rangers "culture" says a lot about his character.

@hibs.net private member
    LEGEND.

The only person I seen interviewed after the funeral was Craig Brown.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Minute silence tomorrow?

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    He was a great goalie but how he attached himself to the worst elements of Rangers "culture" says a lot about his character.
    I’m not sure it does actually unless you mean he naturally responded positively and non-judgementally to people that were friendly towards him and was at worst a bit naive.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Well he wanted to come and see his friends at Linlithgow Cricket Club and watch for a while but he couldn’t and that wasn’t mentioned either and he loved his time at Hibs and never had a bad word to say about us.

Can we just leave it as a justified criticism of BBC Scotland’s bias and laziness.

First Team Breakthrough
    https://twitter.com/aidanduffy07/sta...36324819656705

What is wrong with some of the young Hibs fans? Goram played for Hibs, but here they are mocking his death before today’s match. I wish these boys would become the bhoys they clearly wish they were, join the Parkhead season ticket waiting list, and never darken Easter Road again.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post

What is wrong with some of the young Hibs fans? Goram played for Hibs, but here they are mocking his death before today’s match. I wish these boys would become the bhoys they clearly wish they were, join the Parkhead season ticket waiting list, and never darken Easter Road again.
    ****ing hell !! 😵

Absolute ****.

Hope Hibs identify every single one of them and ban them from Easter Road for life.

@hibs.net private member

Unacceptable even if he’s never been a hibee.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Unacceptable even if he’s never been a hibee.
    Agree entirely.

Honestly, this sort of behaviour just depresses me and really diminishes any enthusiasm I have for the new season. No doubt everyone we come up against at Easter Road will be “PEEDOS” in the eyes of these intellectually challenged youngsters. I really hope Hibs do take a zero tolerance approach to this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Absolute ****.

Hope Hibs identify every single one of them and ban them from Easter Road for life.
    we're no different than any other club we have some absolute roasters in our support. No excuse for this from any supporter never mind our own. Get them to ****.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

****ing disgusting.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Disgusting song, even without the Goram line. Complete embarrassment. They better not start any of that ***** at the game.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I despair, I really do.
    If this clown is a season ticket holder he should have it withdrawn.

Hope that gets called out if sung at the game , unfortunately with another 2hours in the pub there might be more young folk think it’s funny & join in

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I despair, I really do.
    If this clown is a season ticket holder he should have it withdrawn.
    Considering that (I'm assuming) that's his full name in his Twitter name it shouldn't be that difficult for Hibs to identify him.

Absolutely thick as mince as well as being sick in the head.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Never heard that song and never want to.

Much as I love football, these kind of ******s make me wish I didn't sometimes.