hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, not if the team in Saudi can’t afford the wages due being relegated and want to offload him. And then it will be a case of Boyle being paid what a club is willing to pay him.
    He's about to play in the World Cup so I would expect that clubs with more money than us will be interested if he becomes available.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The only teams who could currently afford him in Scotland are Celtic and Rangers.

He won't be giving up £20k a week in Saudi Arabia after 6 months. If he leaves them it will be to go to another team that also offers £20k a week.
    £20/25K is fairly average pay for the lower end of the English prem and upper end of the championship.
    Would it be realistic to imagine Boyle at a Fulham, Bournemouth or Norwich or should he be aiming higher?
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 28-06-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No chance at all he's coming here. They aren't suddenly going go offload him for a price we can afford and we wouldn't be able to pay the wages he'd want, that's why he left.
    Once we get the £6m Mcginn windfall we can……

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Once we get the £6m Mcginn windfall we can……
    Hey, I'd absolutely love that to happen

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No chance at all he's coming here. They aren't suddenly going go offload him for a price we can afford and we wouldn't be able to pay the wages he'd want, that's why he left.
    Jeez... can't you let us dream!!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    If he goes up for sale, I doubt we would be able to match the fee anyway, never mind the wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    £20/25K is fairly average pay for the lower end of the English prem and upper end of the championship.
    Would it be realistic to imagine Boyle at a Fulham, Bournemouth or Norwich or should he be aiming higher?
    No imo. As good a player as I think he is he's not at yhe level of the English top flight

Given they are relegated they might want to loan him out for 6 months or so. We would need to fund a fair chunk of his wages so say £10k a week over 26 weeks.

We would be absolutely flying going into next season if he returned. Would give us so many new options at top end given other additions.

Was the £3m upfront or instalments?
    Could effect our budget if latter

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    No imo. As good a player as I think he is he's not at yhe level of the English top flight
    Completely disagree. In my opinion you're either thinking EPL teams are better than they are, or massively undervaluing Martin Boyle.

I'm not saying he's a top class player, he's never good enough for the top teams in the EPL, but in teams like Southampton (where Armstrong and Adams play regularly), Bournemouth (Christie a regular for them) and Nottingham Forest who've just come up, for example. Boyle could easily play in those teams.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Completely disagree. In my opinion you're either thinking EPL teams are better than they are, or massively undervaluing Martin Boyle.

I'm not saying he's a top class player, he's never good enough for the top teams in the EPL, but in teams like Southampton (where Armstrong and Adams play regularly), Bournemouth (Christie a regular for them) and Nottingham Forest who've just come up, for example. Boyle could easily play in those teams.
    Agree.

Boyle could be a handy squad player for anybody in the bottom half, especially for a couple million. To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if he started for a lot of them.

God are the rumours of the return starting already!!

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Totally - i cant believe some of the over spending champ teams down south haven't picked him up.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Was the £3m upfront or instalments?
    Could effect our budget if latter

Only if the club goes bust. Or, I suppose, they might offer us an appointment at a Saudi embassy…

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    If he goes up for sale, I doubt we would be able to match the fee anyway, never mind the wages.
    In all honesty I don't think we'll see him back at Hibs period.

@hibs.net private member
    Well, not if the team in Saudi can’t afford the wages due being relegated and want to offload him. And then it will be a case of Boyle being paid what a club is willing to pay him.
    He has a contract though and that is binding. Martin has all the power here and they can't make him to go anywhere if he doesn't want to.

They can of course make things hard for him to force him out, and I'd imagine that is easier in somewhere like Saudi Arabia where I doubt the law will give Martin much protection.

I think we will see Martin back at ER but its a bit soon. If this was happening even a year down the line then I could see him having made enough money to move back here but after only a few months it would be a tough one for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    In all honesty I don't think we'll see him back at Hibs period.
    He might when he's 36.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by dchibs View Post
    He might when he's 36.
    Well yeah maybe then

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Given the circumstances I cannot see an immediate return of the Boyler If he has to move then it will probably be to England to a team who can cover most of what Al Faisaly paid for him. Upper end of the Championship is probably where he will end up. If we see MB again, it will be nearer the end of his career. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him uprooting his life like he did just to come back to Scotland to earn roughly what he was on when he left 6 months ago. His footballing ability has not dropped off and he will expect his salary to stay high until it does.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

6 months at 20k he's banked just short of half a mill.

He can come back here for 6k a week plus bonuses. He's had a holiday, got half a mill and he'll be welcomed back like the messiah.

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

He can come back here for 6k a week plus bonuses. He's had a holiday, got half a mill and he'll be welcomed back like the messiah.

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

Bring him home

Coaching Staff
    Don’t think they have any money worries

They average about 5000 a home game so it’s not as if relegation is going to put a serious dent in their income.

Obviously they are funded by rich benefactors.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 28-06-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Given the circumstances I cannot see an immediate return of the Boyler If he has to move then it will probably be to England to a team who can cover most of what Al Faisaly paid for him. Upper end of the Championship is probably where he will end up. If we see MB again, it will be nearer the end of his career. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him uprooting his life like he did just to come back to Scotland to earn roughly what he was on when he left 6 months ago. His footballing ability has not dropped off and he will expect his salary to stay high until it does.
    I wouldn't say he uprooted his life. After a lot of deliberation his family decided to stay in Edinburgh in their family home. If he returns it would almost be like coming back from a long holiday away.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to The A-league or another Asian club

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambernardi1875 View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he went to The A-league or another Asian club
    No A League club would be able to afford the likely transfer fee.

However is his contract is cancelled and he is a free agent then that’s a different story and he could well end up here in Oz.

I haven’t paid any attention to his results. Does anyone know if he has been playing well or is one of their better performers? Can’t imagine it will be very appealing playing in the 2nd tier over there.

There’s an old saying, ‘I’m not worried about the man with the scar. I’m worried about the man that gave him the scar’.
    With that in mind should we not be trying to sign the winger from the team that won the league, not from the team that was relegated?

(would have him back in a heartbeat)

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

However is his contract is cancelled and he is a free agent then that’s a different story and he could well end up here in Oz.
    Moving to any A-League team would be a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

What's not to like.

Right, Ron... Pony up

He'd have to pay the tax too...

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

Yeah true, it’s not often a league clubs pay high fees or none at all. Is that because of clubs not having funds or is there restrictions?

Was Chris Mueller not on a big wage ? If MB available and that’s the wages no brainer cmon Ron