hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibs fans

Hibs fans

Was at tynecastle today and thought hibs fans were phenomenal for the first 40/45 mins, unfortunately the team were not. It’s no surprise that we aren’t selling tickets for the cup semi when the team are as spineless as that! Genuinely at a loss to understand those hibs fans that are moaning about folk not going to the semi next week when the team is as bad as they are right now. (Unfortunately I’m going to hampden next week as well)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    How many tickets have we sold for Hampden?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ask the gunts. They know.

Quote Originally Posted by PortoHSC View Post
    Was at tynecastle today and thought hibs fans were phenomenal for the first 40/45 mins, unfortunately the team were not. It’s no surprise that we aren’t selling tickets for the cup semi when the team are as spineless as that! Genuinely at a loss to understand those hibs fans that are moaning about folk not going to the semi next week when the team is as bad as they are right now. (Unfortunately I’m going to hampden next week as well)
    Agreed. I am going next week but I am not looking forward to it at all. It’s about time Hibs gave the fans a reason to buy tickets instead of just relying on blind loyalty.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much as I think the 3000 were great today, we’ve sold just over half our allocation for a derby Scottish Cup Semi.

Nothing to be proud of here. Might be an idea to delete this.

I’ve got a ticket but I’m genuinely wishing I hadn’t. No way is that spineless shower going to win next week. It will only inflict more hurt on an already hurting support unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The fans who congregated on the walkway obscured the view of the goals for a large number behind them. No effort made by stewards/police who were enjoying watching the game for free to locate them to their seats. Ultimately though, didn’t miss much anyway in the second half but the point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The fans who congregated on the walkway obscured the view of the goals for a large number behind them. No effort made by stewards/police who were enjoying watching the game for free to locate them to their seats. Ultimately though, didn’t miss much anyway in the second half but the point stands.
    Its lack of self awareness and common manners

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    As many as we are going to sell. They might as well box up the rest and send them back.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Much as I think the 3000 were great today, we’ve sold just over half our allocation for a derby Scottish Cup Semi.

Nothing to be proud of here. Might be an idea to delete this.
    We have sold about 75% of our allocation.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Done my nut in. Wasn’t just the coked up young team either. Grown men with kids refusing to move to their seat. Stewards tried to clear everyone at kick off but when we scored it was back to a shambles again. This time the stewards and police didn’t even attempt to clear them.

About 16k apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if less than that turned up next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Done my nut in. Wasn’t just the coked up young team either. Grown men with kids refusing to move to their seat. Stewards tried to clear everyone at kick off but when we scored it was back to a shambles again. This time the stewards and police didn’t even attempt to clear them.
    Similar to what happened pre-match in the concourse. Large gathering almost completely blocking the way in at the top of the stairs. The usual ‘look at me’ crowd.

Police and stewards doing sod all to clear space.

Quote Originally Posted by PortoHSC View Post
    There is no difference between now and Friday .......... This is a semi final against Hearts, get out and bloody support the team no matter what and then complain about the result on the day, should we lose, and our poor form under Maloney later on. If you are "at a loss" to understand the Hibs fans complaining about the ones who are giving the semi a miss then you don't understand what being a ''supporter'' is supposed to mean.

Some games should transcend current form, annoyance at how the team is playing, or the fact that you think it has no chance of winning it ....... just get along there support your bloody club and prove to it that it has better supporters than it sometimes deserves.

I will never criticise any fan who cant go for genuine reasons like finance, work, family commitments or even a genuine fear of catching Covid ... but those who aren't going because they think we wont win, anger at how the team is playing, or worse the kick off time .... they have no right to call, themselves Hibs fans, simple as that.

As I said on another thread ... If by some miracle Hibs do win next Saturday my pleasure that these buggers weren't there to witness it in person will be every bit as great as my pleasure at beating Hearts in a semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    About 16k apparently. I wouldn't be surprised if less than that turned up next Saturday.
    Walking back to the west end after the game I heard a few saying they had a ticket for the semi but were not going through.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    Walking back to the west end after the game I heard a few saying they had a ticket for the semi but were not going through.
    That's hopefully just the immediate reaction to the disappointment of losing a derby talking with most people but we certainly won't be selling many more tickets this week that's for sure and I do think some people who have tickets won't be bothering to go but hopefully not many.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    No way is that spineless shower going to win next week.
    They will be favourites, but there is ‘No way’ there’s no way we’ll win. It’s sport, it always throws up surprises. I’ll see you there

Left by mutual consent!
    If we haven’t sold out it’s a disgrace and an embarrassment no matter how bad we are atm.

This happened the last time we played them in a semi and look what happened there….

I enjoyed the early part of the game yesterday. Fans were great and right behind the team. Even when it went to 2 and then 3 there wasn't much vitriol, it was just a kind of resigned 'here we go again'.

I think the fans who do go next week will be well fired up for it, or we certainly should be. Bit of a seige mentality as underdogs. Our influence is pretty limited but we can do what we can to show a bit defiance if nothing else.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day View Post
    That’s just stupid, why would you buy a ticket then not go based one 1 performance.

Empty seats on tv is embarrassing and makes us look like a diddy club.

You think rangers fans won’t turn up against Celtic on sun just cos they lost last week?

People need to get a grip

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by Rondon View Post
    If we haven’t sold out it’s a disgrace and an embarrassment no matter how bad we are atm.

This happened the last time we played them in a semi and look what happened there….
    We didnt sell out the semi against the huns and look what happened there....
    We have never sold out a semi. Its disappointing that we havent sold more but a disgrace...hardly.

Disgraceful
    2 posts in 5 minutes calling hibs fans a disgrace...looks like youve got an issue there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    We didnt sell out the semi against the huns and look what happened there....
    We have never sold out a semi. Its disappointing that we havent sold more but a disgrace...hardly.
    Of course it’s a disgrace.

When u see the hearts end full and hibs end not it’s an embarrassment simple as that

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    2 posts in 5 minutes calling hibs fans a disgrace...looks like youve got an issue there.
    Ok well how would you like me to say it?

I personally think it’s a disgrace, am I not allowed my own opinion?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Of course it’s a disgrace.

When u see the hearts end full and hibs end not it’s an embarrassment simple as that
    We know what end you’ll be in.

You scream of Hearts and surprised you’ve lasted as long on here.

Left by mutual consent!
    We know what end you’ll be in.

You scream of Hearts and surprised you’ve lasted as long on here.
    Omg someone doesn’t agree with me they must be a jambo……

Get a grip you absolute muppet, I’ve supported hibs for 30 plus years, last game I was at was utd at home.

Hate folk like you

Get a grip you absolute muppet, I’ve supported hibs for 30 plus years, last game I was at was utd at home.

Hate folk like you
    100% Jambo. You’ve let the mask slip too far in the past 24 hours pal 👋🏻 Report back to kickback: cover blown.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    100% Jambo. You’ve let the mask slip too far in the past 24 hours pal 👋🏻 Report back to kickback: cover blown.
    😂😂😂😂😂 so because I don’t agree with your opinion on something I’m a jambo aye?

Ok then, you don’t agree with me, I think your a jambo

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

Hate folk like you

maybe if you stopped going around various threads calling 'fellow' hibs fans all different names you may not get stick, just a thought ?