hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Maloney must go

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    What’s that now, 15 points from 15 games? 11 goals I think. Four of them were in the two games in the first few days he was in the door, so 7 goals in 13 games since he actually has had a decent amount of time with the players.

20% win ratio in the league. Awful, awful stats.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bigger problem is becoming more apparant now - owner, CEO and recruitment.

Owner and CEO talk a good game but haven't actually delivered much apart from a couple of TVs and some music on pitch before derbies. Be like Sevilla and Atletico Madrid? Does Ron Gordon actually watch them? We're the polar opposite to them. Hard working, robust and skilful vs lethargic, weak and poor first touch.

Recruitment? Absolute disgrace last summer and the loans brought in during January were to paper over the cracks, we did the same under Fenlon's tenure and that led us down a very dark path. Loans don't care about the club, simple as that.

You can certainly justify Ross leaving. In a similar way you can justify Maloney leaving. However, we need to take a look at those around them. I'm not even sure about Steve Kean tbh...
    Hibs have a manager, a head of recruitment and a chief executive who are all novices. Not one of them has ever done their current job before, and they dont know Scottish football. And it shows.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    It was such a left field appointment it was always going to go one of two ways, sadly it looks like he's a dud. Giving where we were at the winter break, not to get into the top 6 is embarrassing and says a lot about how poor the playing squad and the team management are. Fortunately it looks like Dundee and St Johnstone are rooted to the bottom otherwise we'd be in deep s***.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    The way the football business works nowadays - if we don’t win the semi then I think it’s pretty much certain he’ll go. No idea who would replace him though. Can’t think of any obvious choices out there.
    When Jack Ross went I thought Ron Gordon would use his contacts (is he not friends with one of the investors/owners of Lille?) and look at an experienced foreign manager. Sadly, we seem fixated on British managers even if they have zero experience. It's like we are hoping for the next Mowbray...

Can we get an update from Ron and Ken this coming week? Q&A maybe?

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m one that wants maloney to get the summer to make some signings and have his own team.

Personally I saw positives at the utd game last week.

But 1 win 13, I can’t stick up for that.

I wouldn’t sack him yet still, that’s the last thing we need before the cup game.

But bottom 6, attendances will b lucky to hit even 10k for any game.

Ffs man I’m so angry with that 2nd half 😡😡😡

The worrying thing is I now don't trust Ron and Ben to appoint Maloney's replacement. Neither have a clue about Scottish football. We've taken a massive backwards step over the last 10 months. Absolute car crash management of the club. At least we have nice big screens though.
    Last edited by Since452; 09-04-2022 at 04:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Mental, only Hibs could go from finishing 3rd and having a good season to completely bottling it when Hearts are back in the league. The last 6 months have been a disgrace, complete upheaval and we are a poorer side than we have been for a while.

If Jack Ross getting sacked is the yardstick then there is justification for Maloney going.

We should go and get McInnes.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    Agreed, give him the semi final but this is sickening

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk
    I don't normally come on to these sort of threads (I normally avoid the board altogether when we loose) and I often tend to give our players/managers a bit too much leeway... however, I'm now starting to get a little concerned he ain't the one to take us forward.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Club made a rod for there own back in stupidly sacking Ross

Maloney will now be under real pressure as we just lost alot of income through gate receipts

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Thought Jack Ross should go and struggling to see how Maloney stays if he loses next week if we play the same. Absolutely ragdolled all over today.

After all the chat pregame about not being worried about losing battles etc and being up for the fight. Laughable.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Blame the owner. He sacked him.

He's taken us backwards at a frightening rate but seems utterly bulletproof. Rod Petrie and STF would be getting pelters if they were still here but 'Ron' must not be criticised. He's not got a clue about Scottish football and it shows.
    I agree.Ron has no idea about Scottish Football nor more importantly how to run a Football Club.After all is said and done he pulls the shots as far as key appointments are concerned so he is responsible for appointing Kensall Maloney and his wee boy as Head of recruitment.We are not in a good place on or off the Pitch.ST sales will plummet and certainly get no where near the 13000 Ron mentioned at the recent share holders meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_pitts View Post
    we are only 8 off 11th right now and all the other teams are picking up points. 11th is not impossible and i would not fancy us in a play off. He needs to go and the Board need to go for sacking Ross and appointing the muppet.
    Fans aren’t going to turn up for bottom 6 games either.

Worryingly don’t think the players have the right to get many points in last few games and the loan players aren’t bothered.

Even signings like Mueller in a relegation fight ?

We are really in a bad place and can only see it getting worse.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 09-04-2022 at 04:21 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The worrying thing is I now don't trust Ron and Ben to appoint Maloney's replacement. Neither have a clue about Scottish football.
    Surely just knowing about football should be enough. Scottish football isn’t that different

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    The worrying thing is I now don't trust Ron and Ben to appoint Maloney's replacement. Neither have a clue about Scottish football.
    Don't need to have a clue about Scottish football. They need to have a clue about running a football club and ensure it wins more than it loses. They appointed an inexperienced manager that knows Scottish football, we were spiralling under a more experienced Scottish manager that knows Scottish football.

We need to sign the best players possible. We look to sign players even though we don't know how we will use them (if we do) - Tait and McKay step forward. Genuinely looks like our signing policy belongs in Football Manager. No team building, no philosophy. Money ball type approach based on data and hope rather than anything else.

I agree though, I have no confidence in them making a managerial appointment.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Not good enough. Sack him. Got to earn a summer to build your own team, his record is very poor and it's clearly not worked.

I can't point out one thing about Maloney's tenure thus far which makes me excited for next season, it's all promises and not a single tangible improvement on the park from his first game to now.

****ing absolutely *****!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Mental, only Hibs could go from finishing 3rd and having a good season to completely bottling it when Hearts are back in the league. The last 6 months have been a disgrace, complete upheaval and we are a poorer side than we have been for a while.

If Jack Ross getting sacked is the yardstick then there is justification for Maloney going.

We should go and get McInnes.

No we definitely shouldn’t that’s an awful appointment

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I'm reluctant to call for anybody's sacking so soon, but the stats are terrible, as is our style of play. It's worrying in such a mediocre league. He needs results fast because this form is unsustainable.
    Same here, I like to give the benefit of the doubt but just want Maloney out the door ASAP. I've witnessed some minging teams in my 50 years watching Hibs and this lot are up there with the worst.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    There's not any signs of improvement to cling to.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Butcheresque.

Get the clown to absolute ****.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Does anyone genuinely believe giving him the summer window will make any difference?!
    Of his signings, Clarke looks a player. And that’s it.
    His system, tactics and utterly baffling substitutions are clearly nowhere near the level we require/deserve/demand.

Giving him the summer just gives the next poor chump even more dross to clear out in October when the inevitable happens.

No chance we should be taking that risk.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think we have a decent enough squad. This clown has just made them worse.

He was a ridiculous appointment. He has to go.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rondon View Post
    No we definitely shouldn’t that’s an awful appointment
    No this is an awful appointment, McInnes would get results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    No this is an awful appointment, McInnes would get results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    McInnes would instantly make us better.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I’m going to sleep on it. But gut instinct is not to go now. I don’t know why.
    Maybe you are a sucker for Punishment?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    McInnes would instantly make us better.
    The squad is appalling, at the moment I’m not sure Guardiola could improve that level of pish.

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Get him so far tae ****!
    Gordon & Kensel with him.
    This is an unacceptable top-down failure.
    Spot on by the way, a frightening regression in the club within the last 12 months.

BK an SM out now

SDG in to give us a chance in the semi

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Ticket sales, regardless of the result next week will likely determine his future.

Maloney has turned us into the hibs of old - boyband no fight stuff

He’s utterly clueless and needs punted pronto.

Cathro with a playing career behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I think we have a decent enough squad. This clown has just made them worse.

He was a ridiculous appointment. He has to go.
    We really don’t have a good squad.

The spine is soft. Keeper a Marciano downgrade. Centre backs change every week. Centre midfield poor since SJM left and I include Newell and JDH in that. Front players - well don’t get me started but no service and not many goals .

It’s a line some folk believe and in reality teams know we are soft, inexperienced and don’t score many goals.

I don’t think we have trouble makers in the squad but they are all just a bit too nice and clean cut.

Every team needs some bite and experience and it makes it even worse out signing policy is now youth projects making us look like a youth team.