hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Maloney must go

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reality he’s praised Goodwin because he’s an ex Aberdeen player. He’s criticised Maloney because he never has a good word to say about Hibs.

Sshh! You can't come on here with sensible posts like this, you have to be at either extremity, either loathe Maloney or like him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Sshh! You can't come on here with sensible posts like this, you have to be at either extremity, either loathe Maloney or like him.
    Is that not the way it goes now, you pick your man and stick with him, or slaughter him, whether it's Hecky lennon or Ross?

And now Maloney.

@hibs.net private member
    The idea that Maloney takes no responsibility because Forster says so is ridiculous.

Nobody was really suggesting it before. Now people are getting on board with it as if Forster is some sort of football guru. He’s really just a massive bellend.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    The idea that Maloney takes no responsibility because Forster says so is ridiculous.

Nobody was really suggesting it before. Now people are getting on board with it as if Forster is some sort of football guru. He’s really just a massive bellend.
    Just shows that when people hear what they want to hear these days they will agree with anyone. Remember when Boris had a big bus with a fake £ figure on it and won the election?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

I said as much before Foster piped up. His comments after a few of the recent games about what he inherited are him making excuses and hiding behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I said as much before Foster piped up. His comments after a few of the recent games about what he inherited are him making excuses and hiding behind them.
    I don’t see much wrong with what Foster has said either.

Still, probably time to try and get a bit of positivity going for Saturday now.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs

As soon as I heard the post match interviews from weekend I thought there was a stark difference between Goodwin’s and Maloney’s. Goodwin taking a good chunk of responsibility whilst Maloney harping on about being in same position as when he took over and problems he inherited. Been bugging me for days.

Not convinced by Maloney’s ability to lead yet, I think his lack of experience in this space is really hurting us just now and transitioning the team to his ideas.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    As soon as I heard the post match interviews from weekend I thought there was a stark difference between Goodwin’s and Maloney’s. Goodwin taking a good chunk of responsibility whilst Maloney harping on about being in same position as when he took over and problems he inherited. Been bugging me for days.

Not convinced by Maloney’s ability to lead yet, I think his lack of experience in this space is really hurting us just now and transitioning the team to his ideas.
    And yet Maloney has picked up more points PPG in the league and got us to a cup semi final.

I’m more concerned about that than post match interviews tbh. Goodwin can take all the responsibility he wants. He’s not getting results and taking responsibility for it or not doesn’t change that.

The folk claiming Maloney should take more responsibility would be the first to tell us he’s admitting he’s out his depth and he should walk/is an arrogant araehole for not quitting if he did no doubt. Between this and the laughable faux outrage at Maloney for saying that we’ve started looking for players to bring in the summer then it’s quite clear people just want to criticise him for anything.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 14-04-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post

Why should Maloney take the blame for the players ****ting it in the 2nd half, stop making excuses for these players. In the past 2 years we've seen some dreadful performances from them, from cup defeats to embarrassing losses at home to to Livi etc.

I was quite excited to see Hibs appoint Maloney, My first impressions are not good.

he has tried to implement a style with Players that are unable play that way IMO "i don't see them everyday so !"

I would have maybe waited until the close season to change implement his style of play.

I really hope it works out for us

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    I was quite excited to see Hibs appoint Maloney, My first impressions are not good.

he has tried to implement a style with Players that are unable play that way IMO "i don't see them everyday so !"

I would have maybe waited until the close season to change implement his style of play.

I really hope it works out for us
    Could have went either way really, if he waited to implement his style people would just say what is even the point of employing him? If we just kept going playing the way we were then he'd be in the same position he is now just a different stick to beat him with, sadly the change in "style" hasn't made any difference yet, we still lack the same midfielder, we still lack strikers and our defence is constantly injured or suspended.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Maybe right but that’s because he has hardly played.

I just wish Ross or Maloney would have had the bottle to give him a run of games. That’s what he needs and he will be a threat.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him leave in the summer, go to a club who give him game time and he thrives!
    Sticky this this and see what level he is at the end of the 2022/2023 season

I'd suspect not a very good one but in life you never know!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Why should Maloney take the blame for the players ****ting it in the 2nd half, stop making excuses for these players. In the past 2 years we've seen some dreadful performances from them, from cup defeats to embarrassing losses at home to to Livi etc.
    He had every right to call out that second half performance not good enough at any level. If he hadn't said it he would have been slated for treating the fans like mugs

Hibs made a big mistake when sacking Ross, Maloney needs another season at least to get to grips with how different it is managing Hibs in comparison to his role with Belgium.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Could have went either way really, if he waited to implement his style people would just say what is even the point of employing him? If we just kept going playing the way we were then he'd be in the same position he is now just a different stick to beat him with, sadly the change in "style" hasn't made any difference yet, we still lack the same midfielder, we still lack strikers and our defence is constantly injured or suspended.

If he’d come in and said how he wants to play but didn’t play that way and didn’t get results he’d be getting the exact same abuse he is now. And I’ve no doubt he wouldn’t have managed to get results playing a different way. Jack Ross played a different way and couldn’t get results before he was sacked either. The squad is simply nowhere near good enough and we’d be terrible regardless of the manager imo.

It’s quite apparent that for some, if results aren’t acceptable then neither will anything else he does and people will just start trying to pick holes in absolutely everything he says.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 14-04-2022 at 11:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Maloney has signed crap
    Maloney has Hibs playing crap
    Maloney talks crap after games
    It not hard to work out he’s a crap manager and should be punted.
    I’m praying we suddenly turn in a performance on Saturday but I think most us believe there is a better chance of us being relegated than winning the Scottish Cup. I’ve never felt so disinterested in Hibs v Hearts in over 40 years of following the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    Hibs made a big mistake when sacking Ross, Maloney needs another season at least to get to grips with how different it is managing Hibs in comparison to his role with Belgium.
    Agree And now we must give Maloney time.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    I don’t blame Maloney, it’s Wrong Gordon who is at fault… what on earth is going on. .
    Wrong Gordon, is that supposed to be clever?
    Last edited by Lago; 14-04-2022 at 12:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Wrong Gordon, is that supposed to be cleaver?
    I dont think that's clever.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Is that not the way it goes now, you pick your man and stick with him, or slaughter him, whether it's Hecky lennon or Ross?

And now Maloney.
    Certainly the Hibs way.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont think that's clever.
    Dammit just beat me to an edit 🙄

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Some of us have held our counsel because we don’t want to add fuel to the fire.

A manager publicly warning his players that they are playing for their future is rarely a good sign. Seeing heads drop in a derby is never a good sign.

I’m hoping for the best but the concerns are there for all to see, not just retired players turned pundits.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    By the time Maloney leaves us, I think he will have delivered the worst set of results in our history.

He's not a manager, never will be.

Worse than Butcher.

Worse than Heckingbottom.

Worse than Duffy.

Worse than Cathro.

Worse than anyone else who has ever tried to be a manager in Scotland.

He doesn't know what he's doing.

He simply has to go.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Maloney has signed crap
    I’m praying we suddenly turn in a performance on Saturday but I think most us believe there is a better chance of us being relegated than winning the Scottish Cup. I’ve never felt so disinterested in Hibs v Hearts in over 40 years of following the club.
    Agree with every word.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    By the time Maloney leaves us, I think he will have delivered the worst set of results in our history.

Worse than Butcher.

Worse than Duffy.

Worse than Cathro.

He simply has to go.
    😂😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Maloney has signed crap
    Sums it up perfectly!

Why anyone thinks Shaun Maloney should be given more time or another transfer window is beyond me, he lost me after the home defeats to Livingston and St Mirren. Just in case anyone isn't aware, one, yes one league win since the winter break, courtesy of two worldies from JDH. If that's not justification for sacking a manager I don't know what is. People being fooled with a promise of a fantastic world beating playing style that's just never going to happen.
    Last edited by Weir07; 14-04-2022 at 12:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Worse than Butcher.

Worse than Duffy.

Worse than Cathro.

He simply has to go.
    Possibly the most over the top, dramatic post made on the subject so far. Well played.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Wrong Gordon, is that supposed to be clever?

Ron the con is better.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Possibly the most over the top, dramatic post made on the subject so far. Well played.
    Certainly plenty content recently to have an awards ceremony at the end of the season for biggest bedwetter.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Because it tends to be a desperate last roll of the dice?

He may get a response but the concern is that all is not well in the dressing room right now.