hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaky Lee

Promising Youngster Steve Austin's Avatar

Streaky Lee

Are we as Hibs fans now seeing what Bristol city fans and Sunderland fans say re Lee Johnson
    “Streaky Lee “.
    He goes on winning runs then stranger tactics and teams getting caned a few goals!!!
    We were all told how he would manage etc ,If anyone looks at how his tenure ended at clubs he was wide open at the back and teams susceptible to hidings!
    I want him to succeed at Hibs because far too long we have been a yo yo club in the league..
    We seem one minute good next rotten ?
    same old Hibs failings over the years with different managers and players.?
    Are we needing to change our whole mindset and approach ?..
    Lee why are we not consistent enough and susceptible to thrashings it’s same at al, your old clubs???..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we as Hibs fans now seeing what Bristol city fans and Sunderland fans say re Lee Johnson
    “Streaky Lee “.
    He goes on winning runs then stranger tactics and teams getting caned a few goals!!!
    We were all told how he would manage etc ,If anyone looks at how his tenure ended at clubs he was wide open at the back and teams susceptible to hidings!
    I want him to succeed at Hibs because far too long we have been a yo yo club in the league..
    We seem one minute good next rotten ?
    same old Hibs failings over the years with different managers and players.?
    Are we needing to change our whole mindset and approach ?..
    Lee why are we not consistent enough and susceptible to thrashings it’s same at al, your old clubs???..
    If it's the same old Hibs over the years hardlt LJ fault.

Results have changed but I don’t think performances have.

Got a bit of luck earlier in the season which is now going against us.

Overall I’m happy with him and the job he’s doing, think we’re still really missing that creative number 10 that would transform our team imo.

If we go on streaks but still pick up more points than if we'd drawn a load of games instead then I don't care.

He's undoubtedly improved us since he took over and deserves time. I enjoy watching hibs again which was a real struggle for 18 months or so before he arrived.

I wish fans would look at the bigger picture sometimes rather than focussing on particulars. Take last night for example, 4-1 was never a true reflection of that game but some are treating it as if we were played off the park by Aberdeen. The bigger picture is that we were by far the better team in open play and there's a lot to work with in the team which could make us really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    If it's the same old Hibs over the years hardlt LJ fault.
    It’s the same old every team in Scotland outside the old firm.

I'd like to see a more pragmatic approach away from home, we're not good enough in my opinion to be far too open, not at this
    moment in time.

@hibs.net private member
    Dont most managers go on streaks though? 🤣

Promising Youngster Steve Austin's Avatar

Streaky lee

Yes most managers go on bad runs ..I’m saying his previous clubs fans prewarned us he was going to be a rollercoaster ride.,,
    hang onto your hats Hibees .!!!!!
    we still need invest on real quality if we want to compete on the levels Ron wants us to?
    Japanese market maybe one to look at ??...
    Or we still lose to st mirrens ,Ross county,and the like ?
    Some of the signings have not worked like bojang,Jair,etc...
    I hope Lee succeeds ok, I don’t want us going through managers every six months !!!!!.

Streaky Lee,
    I like Streaky Bacon, I want a team that wins, more than it loses, not much to ask for, the bacon has to be on well fired rolls as well.

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Streaky Lee,
    I like Streaky Bacon, I want a team that wins, more than it loses, not much to ask for, the bacon has to be on well fired rolls as well.

There is no other form of bacon in my eyes. Only streaky bacon and fools bacon.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Streaky Lee,

Several rashers of crispy streaky bacon on buttered, well fired rolls. My god, what a treat.

We don't get well fired rolls here sadly.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    There is no other form of bacon in my eyes. Only streaky bacon and fools bacon.
    That's 2 forms of bacon though.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jakesawers2008
    He's got us playing some decent football far better than the last 2 imposters. We are creating alot of chances and dominating most games but we need to find a way of converting our chances. We had 17 shots last night and scored 1 compared to the sheep having 8 shots and scoring 4. Defensively we had a mare last night but we have the makings of a good team. If we could get another couple of 1st team quality players in January 3rd should easily be achievable.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Streaky Lee,

I tried a well fired once. I’d rather eat an ashtray.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Streaking was a fashion in the Seventies. They called it the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I tried a well fired once. I’d rather eat an ashtray.
    Used tay eat ashtray's just for a laugh, helped the 80shilling go down. The streaky bacon on the rolls for the morning after.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    That's 2 forms of bacon though.
    Haha I realised that straight after posting was wondering if someone would pick up on it.

Touché

After a 1 game winning streak we are currently on a 1 game losing streak.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Used tay eat ashtray's just for a laugh, helped the 80shilling go down. The streaky bacon on the rolls for the morning after.
    I don’t think we will see eye to eye on the roll front - streaky bacon though.

Streaky bacon on a bagel with avocado for all you ****wit millennials out there like me 👌👌
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Dunno how one win and one loss makes him streaky!?
    Last edited by Iain G; 05-11-2022 at 07:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    This is a Stone Cold thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West View Post
    I'd like to see a more pragmatic approach away from home, we're not good enough in my opinion to be far too open, not at this
    moment in time.
    What apart from how good we were in the first half last night, beat against UTD away and we’re more than good enough to get a result robbed that night aswell on the back of a bad decision or 2.

Won away to St J, also away to Ross County so I’m no really seeing your point sorry.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    What apart from how good we were in the first half last night, beat against UTD away and we’re more than good enough to get a result robbed that night aswell on the back of a bad decision or 2.

Won away to St J, also away to Ross County so I’m no really seeing your point sorry.
    If anything he was too “pragmatic” last night playing only one recognised striker.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post

No problem.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This is a Stone Cold thread.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kentao View Post
    He's got us playing some decent football far better than the last 2 imposters. We are creating alot of chances and dominating most games but we need to find a way of converting our chances. We had 17 shots last night and scored 1 compared to the sheep having 8 shots and scoring 4. Defensively we had a mare last night but we have the makings of a good team. If we could get another couple of 1st team quality players in January 3rd should easily be achievable.
    Are we really though?

I agree we dominate the ball against most teams, but i'd disagree we create that many chances, good chances.

We are having more efforts on goal, more shots from distance but i'd still say we dont create that many clear cut chances that we miss.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Are we really though?

I agree we dominate the ball against most teams, but i'd disagree we create that many chances, good chances.

We are having more efforts on goal, more shots from distance but i'd still say we dont create that many clear cut chances that we miss.
    That was the story on Friday. For all the ball we had I’d say we had one real chance in the first half (Henderson header). Other than that it was shots from distance. It was still Aberdeen who came closest to scoring with the one off the line before they got the penalty.

Still a lack of creativity in the team for me.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That was the story on Friday. For all the ball we had I’d say we had one real chance in the first half (Henderson header). Other than that it was shots from distance. It was still Aberdeen who came closest to scoring with the one off the line before they got the penalty.

Still a lack of creativity in the team for me.
    Which I think will only be even more pronounced without Martin Boyle.

We won the game before last so not sure what sort of streak we are supposed to be on.

Glad to see the **** nicknames for our own managers trend is continuing with Lee.