Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubbish
    Nope fact. Were ***** without him end of story

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Go on, tell us what it would take to get the likes of you to attend those games.
    Right now? Nothing. £25-30 public transport or fuel, about the same on a ticket, food and drink and it’s an expensive day for no entertainment.

Also, “likes of you”. Nice.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 10-04-2022 at 09:24 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Just seen the goals.

Halon’s “defending” for their first was embarrassing

Absolutely bullied

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Just seen the goals.

Absolutely bullied
    It was right in front of me and he actually did really well initially. I think he then just tried to be too clever and come away with the ball rather than just tackle the boy, even if it meant conceding a corner or whatever. Terrible defending.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Just seen the goals.

Absolutely bullied
    Looks that way I must admit. I think Paul's been a great servant and is a decent all round footballer too.

In the scottish game you have to have the guys like the Hearts forward here who can compete physically and bounce over defenders, throw in a bit of hard, serial fouling and you win more than you lose.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Looks that way I must admit. I think Paul's been a great servant and is a decent all round footballer too.

In the scottish game you have to have the guys like the Hearts forward here who can compete physically and bounce over defenders, throw in a bit of hard, serial fouling and you win more than you lose.

The physicality they had up front with Simms and Boyce was night and day in comparison to how lightweight we are.

For all the talk of formations, tactics and so on it all went out the window because of a bit of brute force and a midfielder with a bit willingness to back the play up and have a shot. We have none of that.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    The physicality they had up front with Simms and Boyce was night and day in comparison to how lightweight we are.

For all the talk of formations, tactics and so on it all went out the window because of a bit of brute force and a midfielder with a bit willingness to back the play up and have a shot. We have none of that.
    We have none and I'd say the current chat suggests we won't in the near future either.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    ****ing Andy Halliday scoring a double as well. awful

Go on, tell us what it would take to get the likes of you to attend those games.
    I think he just did 😁

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Strikers must be laughing apples knowing they’re up against Paul Hanlon every week. He simply has to be moved on in summer, he’s not good enough.
    If we can be assured of better than Paul then sure, but simply moving on players like our captain isn’t going to work, if not. And I still think he’s fairly far down on our list of problems and lack of quality.

Look where we are now with the squad. Relying on a player of Joe Newall’s standard to have anything about our midfield, and kidding ourselves on that one decent season means we should be playing Christian Doidge who’s struggled to give us a 5/10 since the summer.

I’m more concerned about additions we need - granted players will need moved-on to allow space for new faces, but I think there’s a few further up that shortlist than Hanlon, even if he has been the favoured scapegoat among many for a while now.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I know you weren’t asking me, but introducing the U18s is the only thing that would keep/get me back interested in the league. Short of a relegation decider call to arms, anything else and I’m just waiting for the season to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I know you weren’t asking me, but introducing the U18s is the only thing that would keep/get me back interested in the league. Short of a relegation decider call to arms, anything else and I’m just waiting for the season to be over.
    Tbh, I'm kinda with this. Focus everything on winning our first post split match, do it, and then give full 90 minutes to those who will be our future. Dabrowski, Hauge, Doig, Melkersen, Clarke and the kids. While I do rate some of our older guys, there is nothing to be learned by playing them in pointless games.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Just recovering from a night on the lash after the derby. Can’t quite find the words to describe that 2nd half performance from us.. Really really poor and hard to make a case for us finding a performance this coming Saturday.. That Hibs support were let down badly yesterday ..

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Just seen the goals.

Absolutely bullied

Ive not watched the goals back , but from what i saw at the game Hanlon has to get the ball out of play. Defend the corner kick and we go in 1-0 up and different complexion to the 2nd half

It was right in front of me and he actually did really well initially. I think he then just tried to be too clever and come away with the ball rather than just tackle the boy, even if it meant conceding a corner or whatever. Terrible defending.
    I'm not sure he was the worst part of the goal. I chose not to watch it live, and the main positive I could take away from that is not seeing in real-time how we ridiculously we gave up a half-time lead. JDH could have done anything there but somehow went in so powderpuff that Simms could basically keep possession. If he'd just leathered the ball in any direction we'd have been fine, absolutely crazy defending.

I've never heard of these guys tbh. But. How do they recruit the physical players who can " bully" the opposition? Can't the opposition work on physical strength Too? Seems a bit odd.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    I'm not sure he was the worst part of the goal. I chose not to watch it live, and the main positive I could take away from that is not seeing in real-time how we ridiculously we gave up a half-time lead. JDH could have done anything there but somehow went in so powderpuff that Simms could basically keep possession. If he'd just leathered the ball in any direction we'd have been fine, absolutely crazy defending.
    JDH's attempted "tackle" was absolutely pathetic. Cadden's hopeless cross up the other end just before it was what led to their break. Still fuming about just how bad that was given there was only 90 seconds until half time.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMotta View Post
    JDH's attempted "tackle" was absolutely pathetic. Cadden's hopeless cross up the other end just before it was what led to their break. Still fuming about just how bad that was given there was only 90 seconds until half time.
    Hanlon is getting the flack but what the hell was Cadden thinking? Just lift your head occasionally.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Hanlon is getting the flack but what the hell was Cadden thinking? Just lift your head occasionally.
    He's an excellent runner, but a very average footballer.

Left by mutual consent!
    ****ing Andy Halliday scoring a double as well. awful
    Still doesn’t change the fact he could have won the cup but ****** it up.