hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just ignoring the part about Boyle wanting to go for the life changing money part?
    No I’m not, he was under contract and we were struggling for players. He could go in the summer and when we can recruit. He wasn’t holding the cards, Hibs were.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    We sold our only match winning player half way through the season. That’s why we are struggling getting top six. 3m is good money but we could easily lose that with bad results and falling crowds. We should never have sold Boyle half way through the season when our options up front were so limited. You reap what you sow.
    To be fair, not sure what the club could do? Life changing money, good business for the club. Of course club could have refused but you’re left with unhappy player.

More importantly, the club did not the funds invest wisely on playing staff.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    If we fail to qualify for the top 6 I have a real fear we’ll end up in a relegation battle.

Hes one 3 league games, two of those were within his first week in December.

Its beyond brutal and we badly struggle scoring

St Johnston have Hendry scoring regularly and are picking up points.
    I’m feeling the same. It’s a long shot but not outwith the realms of possibility. He needs to start winning games.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Only one stat matters at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But your going on about being terrible to watch

Today wasn't terrible to watch at all

Disappointed result in the end but Dundee utd will think they got away with one big time today

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Not really, any other manager with his record would be out the door.
    he’s only just in the door.

he lost our best player (by some distance) after just a few weeks in the job and his team have been decimated by injury (and suspensions) for weeks.

you can’t just sack managers every 3 months

I’m getting a bit fed up of the Boyle chat too, how many excuses can we make?

Yes we sold him, we also brought in Melkersen, Mueller, Hauge, Jasper and Mitchell for the forward positions. On top of already having Nisbet, Doidge, Wright, Scott and Allan. What are any of them providing? Nothing anywhere near the standard or consistency we need.

Jasper and Melkersen are young and learning and both look like good signings in fairness to them.

But look at Livingston, Motherwell, United, St Johnstone etc. They have players scoring or regularly contributing in the final third, are the really better players or are ours just miles off it this year.

Callum Hendry was on loan in the championship a couple of months ago and has scored 7 goals since returning.

With the players we have we should be able to come up with a way to win games of football and we’re not doing that.

Our forwards all need to do so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We can’t carry on like this. We are an absolutely terrible team to watch and with the money we have spent it’s a disgrace. The manager has not got a clue how to fix it either. He’ll do an interview in the next half hour where he tries to tell us we are doing well. He’s a clown who is not going to make it at Hibs and I see no point in dragging this out any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you watch any of that today? Jeez.

I think we have to stick for now but I’m not optimistic. The style of football is painful. In his defence, it’s a very young squad hit by injuries.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Genuinely enjoyed today and felt we were unlucky. Muellers booking was a penalty.

Having Newell and Clark in there is giving us drive we’d been missing.

Full faith we will make top 6 and knock hearts out the cup

@hibs.net private member
    I actually really enjoyed watching that today. Obviously massively frustrating but once we get some consistency of selection I think we’ll be a really attractive team to watch.

Absolutely mad to want Maloney gone already. He’s had 4 months in charge, lost his best player and the squad has been absolutely decimated with injuries.

I see a clear structure, system and style of play with a very young group of players. No guarantee’s it’ll work but it’s a manager and group of players that deserve a bit of patience and time.

People who think that is good enough are kidding themselves on.
    We now must go to tynie win for top six and beat them at hampden to get to SCF 🤦*♂️.
    His subs today were a bit off for me,thought we had our best spell first 25 in second half.
    Should’ve had a pen and melkerson should’ve tucked that chance away.
    It’s a game we mostly controlled but we have no killer instinct and that will be crucial if we are to be successful against them!

Predictable thread. Probably written before the game was finished. Maloney and Hibs are a work in progress. Seen some ***** football and ***** managers over the years. This doesn't come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    But your going on about being terrible to watch

Today wasn't terrible to watch at all

Disappointed result in the end but Dundee utd will think they got away with one big time today

Thought we were decent in the second half but we don’t look like scoring a goal very often. First half was huff and puff until we finally had a decent effort after 35 minutes.

Dundee Utd got what they wanted in the second half. We don’t have anything about us in the final third. I didn’t think we were brutal but it was miles from being good.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Of course he shouldnt be sacked, he needs to be given time, yet saying that, if he was sacked i wouldnt bat an eyelid and i'd just watch the next mug try and make us challengers for Europe and cups.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    People who think that is good enough are kidding themselves on.
    We now must go to tynie win for top six and beat them at hampden to get to SCF 🤦*♂️.
    His subs today were a bit off for me,thought we had our best spell first 25 in second half.
    Should’ve had a pen and melkerson should’ve tucked that chance away.
    It’s a game we mostly controlled but we have no killer instinct and that will be crucial if we are to be successful against them!
    Have you watched either of the previous derbys this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    If we fail to qualify for the top 6 I have a real fear we’ll end up in a relegation battle.

Hes one 3 league games, two of those were within his first week in December.

Its beyond brutal and we badly struggle scoring

St Johnston have Hendry scoring regularly and are picking up points.
    St Johnstone are away at Celtic next week. Even if we lose to Hearts and end up in the bottom six it's likely we'll have an eight-point cushion from the play-off spot.

Not exactly positive thinking I know but I don't see us going down.

FWIW the BBC said it was a 'pulsating' game today, with Clarke 'superb'. Wasn't there myself but it certainly didn't sound awful.

I am going to go for it then, looking to see this thread get up to at least 20 pages just the same as the ones chastising young Porto.
    Surprised we have no heard how him being suspended has cost us perhaps this game......

Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    Have you watched either of the previous derbys this season?
    Yes 0-0 no killer instinct? Did we win those draws?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Yes 0-0 no killer instinct? Did we win those draws?
    Did we lose those draws?

Both will be incredibly tight games. And I don’t see why we can’t get something from both.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    I actually really enjoyed watching that today. Obviously massively frustrating but once we get some consistency of selection I think we’ll be a really attractive team to watch.

Absolutely mad to want Maloney gone already. He’s had 4 months in charge, lost his best player and the squad has been absolutely decimated with injuries.

I see a clear structure, system and style of play with a very young group of players. No guarantee’s it’ll work but it’s a manager and group of players that deserve a bit of patience and time.
    Agree with this. Enjoyed the game a lot more than many this season. Hopefully the recruitment team have some strong central midfielders targeted. We’re not far away I don’t feel, and it’s a couple of strong additions rather than major surgery that’s required.

Feeling more optimism going to Tynecastle and Hampden after that than I did a few hours ago.

If we had a forward line it would help.

Hanlon had a solid return and looked fit enough for 90mins. Clark a good debut.

We started the season with Boyle, Nisbet and Doidge. One is away, one is crocked and the other has disappeared off the radar. We really need to address that big time.

Then we're in the place where Scott gets a game ahead of Allan. Not saying that Allan should start as he's clearly not the player he was but Scott has been an out and out waste of a Jersey. We are where we are.
    Two weeks tonight our season will either be in serious trouble or better than we could hope given the circumstances- there's really no in between

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    we’re not bottom 6 though…
    True, and if we win at Tynie job's a good un. I just can't see us winning next week and that will very likely leave us bottom 6 unless Aberdeen v County draw, plus Livi & St Mirren both fail to win. The general play today was better but the result was needed. Will just have to see what next week brings

We played well today and it was probably the most entertaining performance in what seems like ages. We squandered a few chances and were denied an obvious penalty, none of which Maloney or any other manager can do anything about. Still, why bother with the truth when you can come on here and bump your gums with the same old drivel?

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Agree with this. Enjoyed the game a lot more than many this season. Hopefully the recruitment team have some strong central midfielders targeted. We’re not far away I don’t feel, and it’s a couple of strong additions rather than major surgery that’s required.

Feeling more optimism going to Tynecastle and Hampden after that than I did a few hours ago.
    We’ve also been hammered by injuries this season. Conveniently ignored by a few.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    True, and if we win at Tynie job's a good un. I just can't see us winning next week and that will very likely leave us bottom 6 unless Aberdeen v County draw, plus Livi & St Mirren both fail to win. The general play today was better but the result was needed. Will just have to see what next week brings
    St mirren won't win. They're v Sevco

Livi play Well I think - draw anyone 🤔

Aberdeen v Ross - draw there too please.

Maloney comes in to a team struggling with loads of injuries and average players, best players leaves so we bring in some loan players to bolster the squad, more injuries and an unsettled team trying to play a new system (remember the system they played under Ross was ****ing boring and were *****). This season for Maloney was to stabilise and try and get 4th, summer is when we'll see what he's about, until after then please give this Maloney out BS a friggin rest, every bloody week.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee1875 View Post
    Did we lose those draws?

Both will be incredibly tight games. And I don’t see why we can’t get something from both.
    We didn’t win them though,and tbh I think if it came to nicking a game I think that lot have proved this season they can do it whilst we struggle to get tight games over the line for the win.

Listen bud don’t let me put you off being confident,I hope we revisit this over the piece and prove I was wrong,we needed to win that today,should’ve won that today.but we haven’t.
    Tynie will be a different game altogether.
    And hampden even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    On the whole I enjoyed how we played today

Totally dominated against a decent side

Odd post after that

If we had got the winner no one would say it wasn't 100 percent deserved

Not that odd considering our results havent been great and we have to probably beat Hearts to guarantee top 6 and on our current form points to us failing that.
    No point dominating and playing well when you can't win the business end of the season.
    Sadly see us in the bottom six.
    Maloney hasn't proved his doubters wrong yet. Im sitting on the fence about him at the moment. Think he will get the summer to get players in

I don’t think he “has to go” but certainly some pressure building as we aren’t good enough and aren’t creating enough. Dundee Utd we’re there for the taking today but we huffed and puffed again.

Boring first half, good second which should have delivered a comfortable win. Fail to win next week will most likely mean bottom six, and with only 8 pts cushion above playoff spot it has potential to be an interesting end to season.