hibs.net Messageboard

Page 584 of 584 FirstFirst ... 84484534574582583584
Results 17,491 to 17,517 of 17517
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly held our nerve if we signed another striker that we may not need..
    Do you really think Hibs only started that ball rolling at half ten or thereabouts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    So you’re just trolling/baiting? Sure that’s against the forum rules.
    No. I am just expressing a genuine opinion/intetpretation of the on-line persona of individuals who come over as angry, mostly, wee men who use the internet to vent their negativity and psychological insecurities due in part to frustrated needs to act as dominant attention seeking Alpha males in a shared space rather than taking it out physically, as they may have done pre-internet, on animate objects.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    I have not posted in ages but try to read everything Hibs and keep watching the games on Hibs TV from home in Italy. Like any Hibs fan , i want us to win and play good football but in all my years as a supporter that is and never was a constant. If you understand that our best chance is top 6 and maybe a cup run then your expectations are managed and if any time you are not happy , it is only for a couple of hours then you move on.

The rubbish on here is pretty much over the top at times and if you did not know the history of Hibs you would think that we were a top team , with a huge turnover and fan base to give us the cash needed to compete at the top.
    I admire Ron as he is one who puts his money on the line and deserves respect for that. If his son is in recruitment , so be it but as communicated many times , the boy is part of a team and does not have the last say.
    Recruiting in football is really a hit or a miss. You can pay millions for a dud or a great player who just does not perform or you can take the scatter gun approach and spend your limited budget on hopefuls which is what Hibs does more than not ! Call it hedging your bets and if i get one right out of 5 , I can make quick money to improve the player pool or make the business more viable. Celtic and latterly Rangers are now in a different league in that respect and at Hibs , I believe the goal is to consistently be top 6 and get into europe so the club profile is increased and we can sell more players on from 3 million and up.

Eveyone of course has an opinion and that is fine but i keep hearing spouted " my club " Yes my club as a supporter but thats it and Ron can say he will spend it as he and his management think best to either cash the chips in or hold.

So far the football has been poor but with a new team of unknowns will need time to become a unit so we are going to be up and down this year. Off course if you are not happy you can vote with your feet ! I was thinking of stopping my season ticket with Hibs TV but I will stay with them because it is my team and tbh , I have seen it all before and worse. off course we are all going to have different opinions but as a few are saying be good to the team you love because if the current lot don't turn it around there will be others ready to give it a go.
    Great message mate. Ive been around a while too and went through the turgid, Miller, Duffy, Williamson years and then Butcher etc so your right it, has never always been a fantastic product but we stick by our team... well done!

@hibs.net private member
    Fun fact - the bottle that McKirdy smashed in the ref's room after his red card only contained the dry powder for a protein shake. Ref could have just given his suit a shake and cracked on IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    No. I am just expressing a genuine opinion/intetpretation of the on-line persona of individuals who come over as angry, mostly, wee men who use the internet to vent their negativity and psychological insecurities due in part to frustrated needs to act as dominant attention seeking Alpha males in a shared space rather than taking it out physically, as they may have done pre-internet, on animate objects.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If we were planning on letting anyone else go by paying up their contract or whatever, would we have had to have done so by now?

Or can we still release them, leaving them free to find new clubs?

I know we can't force anyone to leave but I'd like to see 3 or 4 move on.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If we were planning on letting anyone else go by paying up their contract or whatever, would we have had to have done so by now?

They wouldn’t be able to find new clubs as of the window closing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Don’t think they’d be able to sign elsewhere now because they’d be released after the window was closed. I’m expecting we’ll see a good few leave in the winter once they see what the injury situation is like.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Internet psychologists are da best. Rock on fam.

Internet psychologists are da best. Rock on fam.
    Not the right thread for it so maybe we could have a new one on Suler's work on Benign and Toxic Disinhibition?😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Hardly held our nerve if we signed another striker that we may not need..
    Why do folk always have to see the bloody negative side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Do you really think Hibs only started that ball rolling at half ten or thereabouts?

Would’ve been earlier but Ian was out for dinner and apparently the service was so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    :And to think it’s folk that are negative who are being called mental.
    Wanna see a Mental Hibee New Boy? Check out my avatar

Begbie's no goat a look in

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Wanna see a Mental Hibee New Boy? Check out my avatar

Begbie's no goat a look in
    We are the mental Hi-Bees!

Testimonial Due
    Tom Rogic is a free agent. Absolutely unrealistic but I’d be well all over that !

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    They wouldn’t be able to find new clubs as of the window closing.
    Would they not be free agents?

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Would they not be free agents?

J
    Must be a free agent before window closes

Or else could just sign players any time. Give club 100 million, they release the player and he joins another club.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Well done to you for extending the hyperbolic hysteria agenda to include domestic and animal abuse. Last night on the PM board we had someone trying to slip in a bit of suggestion of xenophobia into the discussion.

Hibs supporters.....endlessly creative in their attempts to stifle a discouraging word
    Some of the stuff he/she's said there is frankly disgusting.

Then we've had others suggesting criticism of the Gordon family is based upon political and xenophobic (racist) beliefs.

Not forgetting comments that people criticising the club are spreading propaganda.

Rather ironic having read ***** like the above.

Coaching Staff
    Sorry but this thread has got me shaking my head with disbelief, we all opinions but some of the conspiracy theories I'm reading, oh dear lie down in a dark room.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    Fun fact - the bottle that McKirdy smashed in the ref's room after his red card only contained the dry powder for a protein shake. Ref could have just given his suit a shake and cracked on IMO.
    So his milkshake didn’t bring all the refs to the yard?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    So his milkshake didn’t bring all the refs to the yard?
    He just said something about the ref ‘cracking on’, so I warrant some refs were indeed brought to the yard, yes

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I’m buzzing for Mckirdy. All Swindon fans comments about him is how much of a character he is and how other teams will absolutely depise him. Hopefully he bangs them in and we have our very own guy that gets under the skin of opposition .

Friend of mine over here in Estepona is a mental Swindon Town FC fans so I asked him what he thought and his response was as follows:

“Is he any good? Who knows. He was far too good for division 4. Is he good enough for the Scottish Premier league. Possibly, if he's well managed, he will be excellent. He needs a lot of freedom. That's why he was so good last year, he had an excellent manager. He's had loads of teams in his short career because he falls out with managers often”

His dad (also a mental STFC fan) and my pal said they were very stressed last night at the thought of him leaving so this adds to what others have heard about him. We shall see 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    so straight away your assumption is Hibs are the wrong doers in this,take it you believe the pet Swindon journalist,s account of things then and wont consider that fault could be Swindon,s?
    It might have been Swindon's fault, but then again - it may have been Hibs to blame.

I use the evidence of the past 12 months to reach my own opinion:

1. ****ed up McGrath transfer due to late submission of paperwork.

2. Brought a player we didn't actually want due to staff responsible not checking terms of loan deal.

3. Forfeited a game/exited a competition due to incompetence on part of staff responsible.

Now all of the above may have no bearing upon this situation, but neither is it unfair to think that, given the above, some may think Hibs are making a mess of things again.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Friend of mine over here in Estepona is a mental Swindon Town FC fans so I asked him what he thought and his response was as follows:

“Is he any good? Who knows. He was far too good for division 4. Is he good enough for the Scottish Premier league. Possibly, if he's well managed, he will be excellent. He needs a lot of freedom. That's why he was so good last year, he had an excellent manager. He's had loads of teams in his short career because he falls out with managers often”

His dad (also a mental STFC fan) and my pal said they were very stressed last night at the thought of him leaving so this adds to what others have heard about him. We shall see 🤔
    Good post. McKirdy hasn't played that many games for a guy who is 25 and has had a lot of clubs. He did well at Swindon last season and hopefully he recognises that Hibs offer a much bigger platform, with opportunity to really develop his career. Hopefully he screws the nut and steps it up a level or two at Hibs, a good signing. I'm pleased we got him.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

This is a tremendously accomplished bit of **** stirring while masquerading as a complaint about the **** stirring of others. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Don’t think they’d be able to sign elsewhere now because they’d be released after the window was closed. I’m expecting we’ll see a good few leave in the winter once they see what the injury situation is like.
    Unless they went abroad to a country where the window is still open - Did Garry O not do that - OK we got a fee but we could effectively give a free transfer ?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Let's end things here.