hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 584 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a summer transfer window coming up? the players will be absolutely aware that the club are recruiting
    And some might already have moves lined up themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    And some might already have moves lined up themselves.
    Absolutely will

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This whole thing about Maloney already having met targets worries me a bit. Basically says to the players playing now that they are only in the side temporarily and could be gone in the summer. Dangerous game to play. Rather he just kept quiet until the season was over
    If I was a player with any ambition I'd be more worried if there wasn't moves to bring more players in.

Personally just hope that for the first time in living memory we can do our business early and have a team in place for the start of the season. Not running about 3 or 4 games in still trying to plug gaps.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckinho View Post
    If I was a player with any ambition I'd be more worried if there wasn't moves to bring more players in.

Personally just hope that for the first time in living memory we can do our business early and have a team in place for the start of the season. Not running about 3 or 4 games in still trying to plug gaps.
    Didnt we business early under Hecky?

This whole thing about Maloney already having met targets worries me a bit. Basically says to the players playing now that they are only in the side temporarily and could be gone in the summer. Dangerous game to play. Rather he just kept quiet until the season was over
    I'm pretty sure Butcher tried this tactic as motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    I'm pretty sure Butcher tried this tactic as motivation
    I think Butcher lined them up and told them they'd all be off in the summer. I'd expect Maloney would've sat down individually and discussed their futures professionally.

It'll be Harry McKirdy and he will be off to the Championship so probably wasting our time. 17 league goals this season so far.
    Hibernian are interested in signing Swindon Town striker Harry McKirdy in the summer, journalist Alan Nixon has reported via Patreon.

McKirdy joined Swindon last summer following his release by Port Vale, and has made a big impact during his time at The County Ground.

The 25-year-old has scored 19 goals and provided nine assists in 38 appearances in all competitions for the Robins since the start of the campaign, helping them to 11th place in the League Two standings, four points adrift of the play-offs

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Hibernian are interested in signing Swindon Town striker Harry McKirdy in the summer, journalist Alan Nixon has reported via Patreon.

McKirdy joined Swindon last summer following his release by Port Vale, and has made a big impact during his time at The County Ground.

The 25-year-old has scored 19 goals and provided nine assists in 38 appearances in all competitions for the Robins since the start of the campaign, helping them to 11th place in the League Two standings, four points adrift of the play-offs
    Does this count as my first ever transfer coup?

Does this count as my first ever transfer coup?
    Only if he signs
    Only if he's good
    Only if he destroys hertz

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I think Butcher lined them up and told them they'd all be off in the summer. I'd expect Maloney would've sat down individually and discussed their futures professionally.
    I suspect either approach would lead to a similar result

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    McKirdy looks good on paper.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Should fit in nicely here

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...season-injury/

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

No idea of his ability but he has plenty of character and personality about him!

His Instagram captions are a good read

I hope we get him because you just know he’d score against hearts and rangers.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Terrible player

Wish we would take a leaf out of Aberdeen's book and get rid of the absolute guff we have..

Coaching Staff
    Experience and character are what’s missing from this squad of players. Only 5 years ago we had players like Cummings, SJM, Bartley, Keatings, Holt, Fontaine, McGeouch, Henderson, Fyvie, all players who got the club, had personality, a point to prove, and actually relished a derby and wanted it before a ball was kicked.

When we were drawn against Hearts, these players had the ‘bring it on’ battle cry, whereas now, I just get the impression they don’t have the same inner confidence and minerals to take games to them or any of the top sides.

It’s a very ‘nice’ squad of players who you don’t get the impression have the inner strength to play through a knock, battle hard, trust in their ability. The lack of leadership through the spine of the side is alarming,

That’s what needs addressed in summer, getting in and identifying players who have a combination of getting their career back on a positive track, proven experience in the battle, and introducing youthful zest and creativity around that.

It’s very reminiscent of when we lost the bulk of the golden generation, Derek, Scott, Garry, etc., and went for the likes of Kerr, Gatheussi, Rankin, O’Brien, Curier, and O’Hanlon.

The recruitment has only ever been consistently good during Stubbs reign this decade, (arguably some of Lennon’s reign) and even before that, as above, we’ve failed to build on success and re-investing funds properly,

Ron and team have taken their eyes off the most important thing, the team, and instead had too much emphasis on off field activities and commerce. Yes, both are linked, but the commercial side should be commensurate to what’s on the pitch, not to the detriment of it.

The second priority for Ron is rebuilding the disconnect with supporters and that’s going to take some charm offensive to get fans back on side. His decision making has been really poor this year, and his blueprint for success that he laid out re-drawn and contain more achievable goals and targets.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Wish we would take a leaf out of Aberdeen's book and get rid of the absolute guff we have..
    I’m sure we will in time. Just not 4 days before the biggest game of our season when we are already lacking in numbers

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Alternatively, Aberdeen have taken a leaf out of ours. We binned Nathan Wood quick enough and during the middle of the season out with a transfer window.

Not a player transfer, but I see we've brought in Livi's club secretary as "Head of Football Operations" from the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think he has more than shown enough to suggest he had potential to get better. Would definitely keep
    I would too. Lots of players take a season to settle in. I remember Paul Elliott (celtic) was a laughing stock in his first season. The following season he was the best player on the league.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t see anything wrong with it. Our best players will want to play with better players.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    At 5ft 9 ins sounds like competition for Melkersen and Nesbit which is good. I would also like to see competition for Doidge with a 6ft plus physical goal scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ideal for Hibs

From Wiki “ He has been criticised for his temperament, particularly in regards to his reactions to jeering by fans both on the pitch and on social media.”

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1620 View Post
    At 5ft 9 ins sounds like competition for Melkersen and Nesbit which is good. I would also like to see competition for Doidge with a 6ft plus physical goal scorer.
    Hasn’t played that much for a 25 year old

Graeme Shinnie. Anyone know how he is doing at Wigan? See he isn't starting tonight

Just reading up on McKirdy, quite an odd career to date.

25 years old, not played a huge amount of games and was released last season then went on trial to Swindon where he has since scored 18 goals this season and got 8 assists. Never played higher than league 2 and his goal scoring hasn’t been overly impressive elsewhere.

I was expecting a flair player to play one of the positions behind the striker (unsure if it’s because he’s trying to look like Grealish), but going by his goals this season a lot seem to be tap ins and him being alert in the box.

Does show a bit of pace in the second link however.

https://youtu.be/taWmlkMHfvM

https://youtu.be/GNk3QzrHxdI

We’ve done well scouting league 2 of late with the signings of Doidge and Jasper so I’d be willing to trust the recruitment team.

Personally if we were signing a ‘9’ to play the lone striker role I’d prefer someone a lot more physical with pace, similar to Simms at Hearts. Unless McKirdy would play behind in one of the attacking positions but like I say he doesn’t look like that player based on the clips.

I wonder how he compared to a Charles Cook and Alan Forrest who have similarly had the best seasons of their career. Both of them are also out of contract where as we would need a fee for McKirdy.

@hibs.net private member
    Pretty sure he scored against City in the cup a couple months back.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Key target? He’ll sign for hearts or Aberdeen then