hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 584 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We shouldn't be letting anyone go until we have someone in charge who has a clue what they're doing.
    Yeah I agree, bring Rod Petrie back 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    I would say we shouldn`t change manager until he has a chance to see what players he`ll have available next season .
    I'd be concerned about giving the manager who signed Bushieri and Henderson, and who thinks playing Scott is a good move, the substantial sum of money required to improve the quad, let alone sign the players needed for how Maloney wants us to play as it's likely that his replacement will need different players.

Until yesterday I was unconvinced by Maoney but prepared to give him the first 10-12 league games of next season. A change could then be made in October as his replacement would have the enforced World Cup break to work with the players.

After yesterday, Maloney either wins next week or has to go in the summer. You don't reinforce failure.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    we are experiencing the exact same as we went through with petrie, seems like non football people making football decisions. Petrie made so many mistakes, im really hoping we dont have to go through all the same ones again.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I'd be concerned about giving the manager who signed Bushieri and Henderson, and who thinks playing Scott is a good move, the substantial sum of money required to improve the quad, let alone sign the players needed for how Maloney wants us to play as it's likely that his replacement will need different players.

Until yesterday I was unconvinced by Maoney but prepared to give him the first 10-12 league games of next season. A change could then be made in October as his replacement would have the enforced World Cup break to work with the players.

After yesterday, Maloney either wins next week or has to go in the summer. You don't reinforce failure.

How long is this break ?

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We're lacking experience up top, getting dominated. Wonder if Fletch could still do it up here?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Gordon will be thinking the same thing. I don't doubt that Maloney is on notice now.

Any money gained from Boyle going is now just the cushion that off sets the bottom 6 finish and the loss of prize money, gate receipts from a derby and a Weege team visit and the loss of walk up revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    We're lacking experience up top, getting dominated. Wonder if Fletch could still do it up here?
    Fletcher would be an outstanding signing and exactly what we need, even at 35. We badly lack experience in the team. I wish David Gray was still playing for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LewysGot2 View Post
    Any money gained from Boyle going is now just the cushion that off sets the bottom 6 finish and the loss of prize money, gate receipts from a derby and a Weege team visit and the loss of walk up revenue.
    If we beat Dundee United last week we would be 4th right now. Draws to Dundee & St Johnstone equally ridiculous, 4th was there for the taking and we blew it.

First Team Breakthrough
    The difference between bottom and 3rd in the league is only about Ł900k so it's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckinho View Post
    The difference between bottom and 3rd in the league is only about Ł900k so it's really not.
    And the loss in gate money? And tv money - as the pay out is based on how well you do. We’ve pissed Boyles money up the wall

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I’m dreading what the “transfer committee” will come up with this summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Maloney’s talk of him identifying summer targets already and having a lot of work to do in the summer is just deflection in my eyes. He’ll have ran out of excuses come September/October time. He’s had more than enough time on the training pitch and a January transfer window to build a team good enough to secure a top 6 position and he’s failed miserably.

First Team Breakthrough
    And the loss in gate money? And tv money - as the pay out is based on how well you do. We’ve pissed Boyles money up the wall
    Pretty sure the prize money is the TV money. But yeah a few 100k from a game against the Huns and the other Huns. In all likelihood we would have finished 5th or 6th at best. If we finish 7th (that's a big if) then prize money loss is a few hundred k too. Getting to the final would probably make that up.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I’d take the old school back in a flash. Some mistakes were made but they still ran the club 100 times better than this faceless bunch.

Get beat next week and sm has to go we have been absolutely dreadful to watch under him he has to take responsibility on who he picks and how he sets up the team
    If we do win and I hope we do I’d be happy to give him some more time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    How long is this break ?
    Think it's four weeks, and there's no January break as a result.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Think it's four weeks, and there's no January break as a result.
    Around 5 weeks
    Last game is on 12/13 November and next game is on 17/18 December

Quote Originally Posted by Ckinho View Post
    Bottom 6 will have a huge impact on transfer funds. Also sacking Maloney will batter that too. There are no positives right now.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Alan Nixon on Twitter suggesting we’re after someone from Swindon. Behind a paywall on Patreon so no idea who. Only references their “cult hero”.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Alan Nixon on Twitter suggesting we’re after someone from Swindon. Behind a paywall on Patreon so no idea who. Only references their “cult hero”.
    It'll be Harry McKirdy and he will be off to the Championship so probably wasting our time. 17 league goals this season so far.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Let me guess….20 year old developing talent …..???

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    We should check he’s still alive first. 3 years into his SFA role and we’re still waiting on any inclination of what his plan is for reform (quiet at the back). Once he’s achieved that he can come back and maybe now 10 years on put some details to his mythical “5 year plan”.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    It'll be Harry McKirdy and he will be off to the Championship so probably wasting our time. 17 league goals this season so far.
    The ex Hearts player?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    The ex Hearts player?
    No he plays or did at Junior level
    Think he was Sean McKirdy

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    The ex Hearts player?
    I think the ex hearts player dropped out of senior football so I hope not, was a superb prospect at 16 though

This whole thing about Maloney already having met targets worries me a bit. Basically says to the players playing now that they are only in the side temporarily and could be gone in the summer. Dangerous game to play. Rather he just kept quiet until the season was over

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This whole thing about Maloney already having met targets worries me a bit. Basically says to the players playing now that they are only in the side temporarily and could be gone in the summer. Dangerous game to play. Rather he just kept quiet until the season was over
    There’s nothing new in that though - happens every season . Players know they are only in the team, until the club find someone better or they get a move …it’s the nature of the industry …

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    No he plays or did at Junior level
    Think he was Sean McKirdy
    Of course, thanks. Had me worried there for a second. Never seen such a poor player that had ‘made it’ at youth level.

Will look into Harry.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There is a summer transfer window coming up? the players will be absolutely aware that the club are recruiting