hibs.net Messageboard

Page 275 of 584 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,250 of 17517
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing on twitter we've got a deal for a CB and a winger wrapped up. Johnson said in the Q+A supposedly
    Gavin Massey easy, Scott Sinclair is a free agent too, think he's left sided though so wouldn't make much sense.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 01-07-2022 at 04:12 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Gavin Massey easy, Scott Sinclair is a free agent too, think he's left sided though so wouldn't make much sense.
    You heard anything about Massey or just guesswork?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    You heard anything about Massey or just guesswork?
    Guesswork mate, fits the profile of someone I'd expect us to be after atm, don't think there will be any more younger boys coming in, so a 29 year old free agent thats played plenty games at English championship and league 1 level, Johnson will know well, right sided, plenty pace, not a gamble, would be a sound signing. Just had a look over free agents one that would be a superb signing is Tom Barkhuizen who's just left Preston, maybe out out range though.
    Last edited by JammyDoidger; 01-07-2022 at 05:48 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Is bojang injured? Didn’t see him on the team sheet for the friendly
    Still tying up the loose ends on his work permit was the last I heard.

Don't think we need another winger. Need a CM would have thought or striker if Doidge is going
    Last edited by McGruber; 01-07-2022 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Don't think we need another winger. Need a CM would gave thought or striker if Doidge is going
    If mcgeady gets injured which there's a strong possibility it only leaves us with Jair a young laddie who has never played in Scotland before, youan, bojang and now melkerson looks like he's going to maybe play down the sides, aren't your typical wingers, probably more strikers. Cadden isn't a winger, definitely room for one more sort of proven winger in British football I'd say. Predominantly Right sided.

If mcgeady gets injured which there's a strong possibility it only leaves us with Jair a young laddie who has never played in Scotland before, youan, bojang and now melkerson looks like he's going to maybe play down the sides, aren't your typical wingers, probably more strikers. Cadden isn't a winger, definitely room for one more sort of proven winger in British football I'd say. Predominantly Right sided.
    Good point and you might well be right. I just feel we are even more short elsewhere.
    McGeady, Travers, Mitchell (more a wide player than left back) & Cadden (agree not an out and out winger but more winger than right back). Both Youhan and Bojan can play across a front 3. Hoping young Bradley surprised us when he is back - Runar Hague a wide player.

Right back we have Miller, then we are seeing who can play there

Goal scoring midfielder - not sure who is chipping in other than perma injured Magennis (Henderson has goals in the locker, hopefully he steps up)

Captain/leader type CM (could do with one more experienced type with a lot of young boys in there) - though accept we are top heavy with CMs

Central striker - Nisbet injured & Doidge position under scrutiny. Youan, Bojan, Melkerson - all young and maybe a bit raw for the centre focal point (from what I've seen so far with Bojan still to play - potentially all capable of stepping up though)

First Team Breakthrough
    Think the idea with another winger is AM will play more central behind strikers, and kinda makes sense as he's still got eye for a pass and technically prob the best player at the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    Think the idea with another winger is AM will play more central behind strikers, and kinda makes sense as he's still got eye for a pass and technically prob the best player at the club!
    He’s also got an eye for a goal too from that position!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Willis1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    To me the person that plays behind the strikers will be a player that is expected to drop into a midfield 3 when not in possession,somebody like a Henderson or Magennis.
    Mcgeady I think will play wide but have the freedom to come inside and switch with Henderson/Magennis when we in possession

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Brandon Barker in Neil Lennon reunion as ex Hibs and Rangers ace seals Omonia Nicosia transfer

https://t.co/f9H1ZqGuV6 https://t.co/h8mHa2bGXB

Good luck to him. Hope he can stay fit, and light up Cypriot football with his headless scurrying.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    I'm pretty sure Mitchell is being considered as a winger this season, hardly played fullback/wingback for blackpool and was mainly used outwide I think.

Hauge has been looking good this season and would be happy for him to be backup as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mitchell is being considered as a winger this season, hardly played fullback/wingback for blackpool and was mainly used outwide I think.

Hauge has been looking good this season and would be happy for him to be backup as well.
    Mitchell is listed on the website as a midfielder and plays on either flank but there are question marks over his fitness and repeated injuries. If McGeady gets injured it only leaves Jair and Hauge as the only natural wide men, with Youan and Melkerson able to play wide if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Mitchell is listed on the website as a midfielder and plays on either flank but there are question marks over his fitness and repeated injuries. If McGeady gets injured it only leaves Jair and Hauge as the only natural wide men, with Youan and Melkerson able to play wide if needed.
    Really not sure about this Melkersen able to play wide theory. Would not be comfortable with that personally.

We would probably benefit from sending some of these guys out on loan to trim numbers, likes of Delfereirrre, hauge and McClelland would probably reap the benefits from playing regular competitive men's football. That's why I don't agree with the development squad as they aren't even in a league or playing competive football not sure how it helps their development.

We would probably benefit from sending some of these guys out on loan to trim numbers, likes of Delfereirrre, hauge and McClelland would probably reap the benefits from playing regular competitive men's football. That's why I don't agree with the development squad as they aren't even in a league or playing competive football not sure how it helps their development.
    They will play development football and if theyborove to be good enough they will supplement what's here already. Hopefully seamlessly fit into our team if there are injuries or suspensions. I quite like the development route we are taking, although the proof is in the pudding.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Yeah that's all true, definitely wouldn't say no to another wide player. If we do have one about to come in I would guess that Youan will be seen primarily as a central striker for us, but it looked on transfermarkt that he'd mainly been playing as a left winger recently.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Really not sure about this Melkersen able to play wide theory. Would not be comfortable with that personally.
    I think in some games it could work, especially in an attacking narrow 433.

He didn't look too out of place playing there in the Hartlepool game, and it could be good for his development as well - lots of strikers who ended up as poachers or central target men initially got a lot of game time out wide - Fletcher, Van Persie, Sturridge

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Good luck to him. Hope he can stay fit, and light up Cypriot football with his headless scurrying.
    ‘Headless scurrying’😂 that made me chuckle!

I wouldn’t be letting Hauge or Delferriere go anywhere based on the 2 pre-season games. Even McClelland could be very useful considering Hanlon is out for a bit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Don't think we need another winger. Need a CM would have thought or striker if Doidge is going
    I’m probably wrong but I genuinely don’t think Doidge is going anywhere. I don’t understand why he would be tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    I wouldn’t be letting Hauge or Delferriere go anywhere based on the 2 pre-season games. Even McClelland could be very useful considering Hanlon is out for a bit yet.
    We have too many of the same types of players, far too big a squad, if it was me I'd let JDH go over Delferierre but it's not going to happen, there's no point keeping someone about that unlikely to start any matches, we need these guys to get minutes under their belts, Mclelland isn't going to start league games I wouldn't have thought he looks like he needs to fill out a bit to be a centre half, and a centre half is unlikely to come off the bench, a season of men's football would be beneficial.

@hibs.net private member
    Think they’ll be in the 1st team squad and if not playing every week will get the B team games. Think there will be movement between A and B teams which will be need for high intensity approach

I'd be surprised if McClelland isn't already seen as being ahead of Rocky in the CB pecking order.

Porto
    Hanlon
    McClelland
    Rocky
    Brydon

That's how I see it, and tbh unless McClelland is expected to play a lot this year it highlights the importance of a new CB of Porto/Hanlon's level.

I’m probably wrong but I genuinely don’t think Doidge is going anywhere. I don’t understand why he would be tbh.
    Because he's simply not good enough. Imho mcb.

Wonder when we will hear anything about this CB

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Wonder when we will hear anything about this CB
    Probably start of next week when they are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Because he's simply not good enough. Imho mcb.
    Doidge on form is our best striker. If he can't refind that fine, but he's absolutely good enough. Proven it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I'd be surprised if McClelland isn't already seen as being ahead of Rocky in the CB pecking order.

Porto
    Hanlon
    McClelland
    Rocky
    Brydon

That's how I see it, and tbh unless McClelland is expected to play a lot this year it highlights the importance of a new CB of Porto/Hanlon's level.
    I've got high hopes for McClelland but he hasn't been put under any pressure yet, Joe Newell could have played CB in those two games and looked magnificent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m convinced it’ll be Callum Doyle from Man City we sign.
    Just equalised for the English in the final.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Doidge on form is our best striker. If he can't refind that fine, but he's absolutely good enough. Proven it before.
    I think that’s the thing. He’s played a lot of games now since he was last playing like he can. There comes a point where you have to say that he seems to be unable to find that form again at Hibs and if he can’t find it, he’s not good enough.

I’m a massive Doidge fan. But if he starts the season poorly then I think we need to see if we can move him on before the end of the window with a replacement lined up because on the form he showed for the last 7 months of the season, he’s not good enough.