hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harry Clarke

I think he will get better and be a real asset but could someone put in a bad to his parent club and buy him in the summer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we'll ever see him in a Hibs strip.

Can see him being elsewhere next season.
    Remember this post. Sums up this place.

I doubt there was anyone happier than me in January when we signed him, I’ve been a fan of his for a while and thought he was brilliant at County.

I was a bit perplexed when I saw him at left wing back though and for me the opening half hour or so he looked a bit lost. Let’s not forget he’s predominantly a centre half/right back and to be honest it looked like it imo. He seemed quite deep when on the ball and his back was to goal, mainly playing it back when on it. A couple of times he got it in forward positions he seemed a bit unsure including one where he tripped doing a step over in the box. I’ll be honest I think he was poor for the goal we conceded too and he was very flat footed which allowed United to put a cross in - I was willing to put this down to being rusty though having not played in months.

Near the end of the first half he found himself central and hit a fantastic strike which the goalie tipped over, 5 minutes later he scored a brilliant goal. The composure and ability for the touch was brilliant and a good finish on his weak foot.

Second half he came out full of confidence and looked like he had been a left wing back all his career. He was playing first time passes into the centre of the park, burst down the wing and received the second pass. He was cutting inside and playing some lovely passes to Melkersen, one was a through ball and the other looked like he’d cross it but he played a sly ball to feet and wanted it laid back into him but Melkersen wasn’t switched on. He was brilliant for a spell in that second half and made me feel like an idiot for my first half thoughts

I think what yesterday showed is just how good a player he is and how he’s capable of playing numerous positions, I’m still not sure I’d have him at left wing back but him being in the starting 11 with his energy, pace, athleticism and ability is a huge boost.

I’d get him signed permanently tomorrow if there was any possibility of it.

First Team Breakthrough
    Good to see Harry Clarke making his debut at long last.
    But as per Unseen Works post I was baffled as to why Maloney played him at LWB.
    Did Maloney not trust him to play as RCB in the back three ? This was even more baffling when Messrs Rocky,Hanlon and Doig didn’t exactly do themselves any favours for the Dundee United goal.
    I thought when Rocky was subbed for Drey Wright (the baffle fest continued ) that Clarke would move to RCB but he seemed to flit back and forward across the field,not seeming to know what his role was supposed to be.
    Positives,he kept plugging away even when things weren’t going for him and scored a fine goal.Also he seemed to be absolutely delighted to be on the pitch (not always the case for some Hibs players this season.
    Just hope Maloney doesn’t mess him about any more and ensure that he plays him in the positions he will be most effective in.
    No more bafflement please Shaun.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Remember this post. Sums up this place.
    If you want more of this content then look for Magennis soon to retire from injury posts. There’s plenty about. Same muppets posting.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    If you want more of this content then look for Magennis soon to retire from injury posts. There’s plenty about. Same muppets posting.
    Except that it isn’t the same people ( person) and the context is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    Well said 100%

Looks a player. He fairly gets around the pitch and gets involved. Pleasing debut.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Except that it isn’t the same people ( person) and the context is completely different.
    Come on now. Don’t let facts get in the way of a good jibe.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    You and thinking appear strangers.

Di you think someone just out of rehab and nowhere near fit will play on saturday...or were you being facetious?
    I think you might be talking *****?

@hibs.net private member

Best position for next 2 games

Where should we play him. Centre midfield beside Newell please

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Looks good but not overly confident he'll be here next year with Arsenal including that summer clause.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Looked a tremendous player wouldn't be playing on the left to be honest. Don't think we wanted to play Rocky centre of a three. Personally would play him right centre back with Hanlon and Stevenson with Doig left in the Derby.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Looked a tremendous player wouldn't be playing on the left to be honest. Don't think we wanted to play Rocky centre of a three. Personally would play him right centre back with Hanlon and Stevenson with Doig left in the Derby.
    Agree. Doig has to play wide for me. Don't think he's anywhere near good enough defensively to play CB. He's also rapid and gets us up the pitch so think a wide position suits him better.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Could Harry play up front for a spell? He has pace, he’s skilful and direct.

We are well covered on the RHS and in defence.

Just an idea.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Could Harry play up front for a spell? He has pace, he’s skilful and direct.

We are well covered on the RHS and in defence.

Just an idea.
    He said on his post match interview yesterday, that he started his career as a centre forward

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He said on his post match interview yesterday, that he started his career as a centre forward
    He looks like he could play anywhere. A DMA RLC from the old days of Championship Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Interesting.

It was a striker's finish.

Well done today Harry. The only man today who showed anything like fight & passion we need in a derby.