hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I've been following the Hibs,for best part of 55 years and like all my fellow Hibbys I've watched some very poor Hibs teams though out that time !
    But it will take a lot more than bridge closures, or having a season ticket in a gold section to put me off supporting my team.
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

I’ll renew. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have not enjoyed going since the early Neil Lennon days. Heckingbottom and Jack Ross games were a chore. For the first time in living memory I don't make an effort to find out the scores if I don't make the match. Just fallen out of love with Hibs just now.

So for the first time in God knows how long (decades) I am not renewing. Maybe the break will renew my enthusiasm but for now it's golf on a Saturday.
    So instead you're going to do something even more frustrating than watching Hibs? 🤔

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Up the back of the East in a section that is now priced in gold. Routinely looking at 3 empty stands before I get out of the row. The new screens are at the edge of my vision and don’t add much to my experience…

… have been lucky enough to be able to afford a st in recent years and will renew two this year.

Family and work meant that for many years I only got to a couple of games a season so can understand why it is not the right choice for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    My usual four renewing again for sure.

Football hasn't been amazing, though I do think it's getting better,but we've all really enjoyed being back out at the games and pub afterwards etc.

By the time it's game day again I'm always buzzing for it.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I’ll renew. Always.
    I don’t make predictions like that.
    Never have and never will.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I don’t make predictions like that.
    Never have and never will.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

100% I'll be renewing for me and my daughter.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I will renew. I won’t point the finger at anyone who doesn’t given the cost of living increases. I suspect we’ll lose 1 or 2K given tougher times and the quality of football being poor this season.
    frankly if we’re only down 1 or 2k I’d take that.

whats interesting for me is the amount of long standing supporters who claim they have lost interest. Can anyone put their finger on why this is when we’ve had far, far worse Hibs teams over the decades. The quality has been awful before, and yes crowds were crap before but I’m talking about the long term fans who were there during those times, now deciding that Hibs don’t interest them anymore… Im not sure I get it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post

whats interesting for me is the amount of long standing supporters who claim they have lost interest. Can anyone put their finger on why this is when we’ve had far, far worse Hibs teams over the decades. The quality has been awful before, and yes crowds were crap before but I’m talking about the long term fans who were there during those times, now deciding that Hibs don’t interest them anymore… Im not sure I get it.
    Covid apathy and being able to watch games at home.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that I'll be renewing my two tickets.

Between my wife, my son and I it is just about justifiable. My issue is that I work every second weekend and my son usually plays Rugby on Saturdays. Luckily my wife usually takes a spare ticket and between the son of one of her friends who started going this year and a friend of my son's who can't afford to go we usually fill both seats.

I must admit I haven't enjoyed it too much this year apart from the odd game. I've seen far worse Hibs teams than this and I didn't think that the football was that bad under Ross with the exception of the odd inexplicably bad performance. It's just not a very pleasant place to be when so many of the support were openly wanting JR out and all the social media outlets were drowning in negativity. It really became very waring especially when much of what was coming across was absolute crap. Even hibs.net which, relatively speaking, used to be an oasis of calm and reasoned debate has been unreadable at times so I just avoid it mostly now. I'm sure I will renew but it's a more difficult decision than normal.

@hibs.net private member

I certainly fall in to that category and feel there are a number of factors.

Dealing with off the park, I find the tribalism in supporters a bit hard to understand. No sporting event can happen without an opponent to test yourself against and that opponent should be shown respect. There has always been an element of it but the way the Scottish game has, unashamedly, weighted itself in favour of only two teams has destroyed the game here in Scotland. The way the game is governed, on and off the park, appears nothing short of corrupt and so much could be done to improve that impression but is not.

On a match day we see, week in week out, the incomprehensible behaviour of match officials applying the rules differently towards two sides in particular. Perhaps that has led to the way fans behave and somehow think that all that is left in supporting a club means you have to absolutely hate everything about the opposition. I find that unhealthy and very sad. Then we have a significant minority who seem to think that supporting a team on the park means howling as much abuse as possible at the team and individuals in the team.

Right now we should be incredibly positive with the declared attitude of our owner and club management talking of success and entertainment. Stability is the most important thing missing from our game and Hibs are one of the worst offenders for constant change. When Ron Gordon came in the scene it looked like that was about to change in a positive way. Transition is the devil when it comes to seeing steady improvement and success in the longer term.

We had a manager who had been stung once by moving on too quickly and was, at least overtly, committed to the long term. As people acknowledge constantly on here, change takes time. My view is that the green shoots of success were in place under our previous manager but it was way too slow for a significant minority in the support and he was emptied, with the promise of open, exciting, entertaining football. Instead we get more of the same, only slower, more boring and without goals.

The JR detractors say the manager needs time. Well yeah! But changing longer term transition just to start again was a hard pill to swallow. That said, change happens so we have to get behind the latest manager. But the uninspiring rubbish we see on the park is disheartening. We have a very decent squad of players and the club, from top to bottom, needs to get those players performing as they can. Instead we are stuck in a rut.

First and foremost, football is supposed to be an entertainment business. I was lucky enough to be heartily entertained in the 60’s and 70’s. We lamented the negative football that came in during the seventies, largely led by Leeds United. And yes, we and many other Scottish clubs could justifiably compare ourselves and compete with the top English clubs.
    We had the dreadful football of the 80’s and 90’s but we’re still entertained by players being able to express themselves.

In to the 2000’s and we saw entertainment returning with the young side encouraged to express themselves on the park by Tony Mowbray and the fans returned in large numbers. We have had much better players and better teams in the past yet the good team spirit carried us to a cup final and the holy grail in 2016. Did we kick on from there? No we changed manager again and it has been a rollercoaster ever since. One with too may dips.

Where are we now? Clockwork, boring, un-entertaining pass back football. The crowds are falling and people wonder why?

And still I will renew my ST in the forlorn hope that we finally get it right on and off the park.

Entertain us Hibs. Please!!
    Last edited by CentreLine; 11-03-2022 at 01:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member

Watching us under Jack Ross just really made me lose interest. The enjoyment was completely sucked out of it for me. Imo we were absolutely brutal to watch and every week i was tempted not to even bother despite having paid for it. I’ve had a season ticket continuously for 25 years.

I don’t think we’ve improved all that much since JR has left but I can safely say I wouldn’t have been renewing had he still been in charge. I’m a bit more tempted now but I’d hoped to have seen more in the way of changes than we have. Losing Boyle, our form under JR and our injuries have made that easier said than done though.

If I do renew, it’ll likely be in the summer once I start to see the players we bring in and if they excite me as right now there’s absolutely nobody in this squad I get excited about watching individually and as it stands, there’s nothing exciting about us as a team either.

So for me, it quite simply comes down to the fact I’ve things I would enjoy more I could be doing rather than watching what’s been on offer for the last couple of years.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 11-03-2022 at 12:33 PM.

I am one of these fans and it’s hard to put my finger on really. I have only felt this way once before which I think was under fenlon but could have been butcher

I didn’t think it was as bad under Ross as others do and I didn’t like the way he was dispensed with. I also feel we have regressed since maloney came in. While I know injuries are a big part in this as well as losing Boyle, but the way we approach games is just awful right now and we just don’t look like scoring and are not good to watch.

A season ticket is a big investment in money and also a big investment of time away from its things I could be doing. It helps if you enjoy what you are watching but that’s not the case right now

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Yes I will renew but last time at full price as taking early retirement this year.
    Early retirement doesn't qualify you as a concession based on age.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I’ll be renewing. Hopefully they do the six month interest free option, that was handy and paid off by I think October
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I’ll be renewing. Hopefully they do the six month interest free option, that was handy and paid off by I think October

Hope so too - had it over longer at times and initially paid interest but 6 months interest free suits me fine.

@hibs.net private member
    Up until recently I actually felt guilty if I never went to away games and had only missed a couple of games at ER in over 10 years including cup and friendlies. Covid broke the habit and while I went to all the games this season, before Ross was emptied, the way he was treated didn't sit well. Maloney was then brought in and I can't imagine enjoying that style of football even if he does get it working. Big screens, Opera and other initiatives are actually putting me off rather than encouraging me to go and the entertainment on offer is dreadful, which is bad, but it is the fact it is almost designed to be dreadful that is what I struggle to take. With Stubbs and Lennon we played poorly quite often but I always thought we wanted to get forward and try and attack as much as we can. It is all a bit Bertie Auld at ER just now and I actually get the feeling SM is quite happy with a 20 pass move where the ball ends up behind where it started and we have went nowhere near the other teams box.

Saying all that I love my seats, enjoy seeing those who sit near us and will probably renew. There is still a heart felt obligation to renew that I still feel but it is nowhere near as strong as it was and Sir Tom going and the shift away from potential fan ownership, at least in part, also comes into that. My daughter is turning into a right good Hibby and I will do my best to keep her getting to as many games as possible. So another two tickets in the renew column but the seats may lie empty far more than they have done in the past.

@hibs.net private member
    All three of us definitely renewing ….I’ve had decades of watching Hibs that have been much worse than now ..so looking forward to the next chapter already

Yeah I’ll renew out of duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Up until recently I actually felt guilty if I never went to away games and had only missed a couple of games at ER in over 10 years including cup and friendlies. Covid broke the habit and while I went to all the games this season, before Ross was emptied, the way he was treated didn't sit well. Maloney was then brought in and I can't imagine enjoying that style of football even if he does get it working. Big screens, Opera and other initiatives are actually putting me off rather than encouraging me to go and the entertainment on offer is dreadful, which is bad, but it is the fact it is almost designed to be dreadful that is what I struggle to take. With Stubbs and Lennon we played poorly quite often but I always thought we wanted to get forward and try and attack as much as we can. It is all a bit Bertie Auld at ER just now and I actually get the feeling SM is quite happy with a 20 pass move where the ball ends up behind where it started and we have went nowhere near the other teams box.

Saying all that I love my seats, enjoy seeing those who sit near us and will probably renew. There is still a heart felt obligation to renew that I still feel but it is nowhere near as strong as it was and Sir Tom going and the shift away from potential fan ownership, at least in part, also comes into that. My daughter is turning into a right good Hibby and I will do my best to keep her getting to as many games as possible. So another two tickets in the renew column but the seats may lie empty far more than they have done in the past.
    Hibs fans, both individually and collectively through HSL have far more of a stake in the club now than they ever had before, including most of Tom Farmer’s time.

Like you I was disappointed that the rug was swept from under us in 2019 when we were within sight of a 25.1% stake, but between HSL and individual supporter shareholders we still have around a third of the club in safe hands (as long as the mysterious nameless nominees are fans.)

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Where else can you have a good Boooo on a weekly basis!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Where else can you have a good Boooo on a weekly basis!
    Ibrox?

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Used my ST once this season so far so it makes no sense to renew, but I will.

Same. To be fair, to a greater or lesser degree depending upon individual circumstances, a ST has effectively been a donation for many years now. Basically since TV started dictating all sorts of weird and wonderful kick-off times.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

First Team Breakthrough TheCabbage's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ram2212
    This months portion of Bonus money earmarked to renew.
    It’s practically the only time I am out these days

Will renew - see it as a donation to the club / membership / support to the local community. The football is a bonus.

Said after 2016 cup final win will always renew and after having no fans during lockdown maybe took for granted attending live football. I get other people have found other interests but all it needs every so often is a game like the Boyle Hampden semi to reignite the Hibs flame.

While it’s been very frustrating at times - Hibs need us and whether it’s Ross or Maloney in charge the club needs the fans.

Hopefully even though annoyed / frustrated right now will see that.

3rd will be up for grabs next season and while it’s frustrating thats the highest we can expect it’s what we should be aiming for once again.

I really hope Hibs do something to improve atmosphere in FF lower after this season - plus I get what fans say about the awful refs / Old Firm monopoly / crap kick off times - it’s frustrating and it definitely does put some people off buying.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 12-03-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Anyone any idea when the renewal process will open up? Should be about now, no?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Will renew - see it as a donation to the club / membership / support to the local community. The football is a bonus.

Said after 2016 cup final win will always renew and after having no fans during lockdown maybe took for granted attending live football. I get other people have found other interests but all it needs every so often is a game like the Boyle Hampden semi to reignite the Hibs flame.

While it’s been very frustrating at times - Hibs need us and whether it’s Ross or Maloney in charge the club needs the fans.

Hopefully even though annoyed / frustrated right now will see that.

3rd will be up for grabs next season and while it’s frustrating thats the highest we can expect it’s what we should be aiming for once again.

I really hope Hibs do something to improve atmosphere in FF lower after this season - plus I get what fans say about the awful refs / Old Firm monopoly / crap kick off times - it’s frustrating and it definitely does put some people off buying.
    Maybe the supporters from outwith the OF should club together and buy a trophy for the third placed team. The unofficial winners of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Early retirement doesn't qualify you as a concession based on age.
    Hint is in what I said about one last time. 64 is early retirement.