hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Josh Campbell

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. Gets slated for not putting enough into a game, comes on a gets rattled in and is slagged off again. A laddie that’s won a raffle? Ffs.
    He’s nowhere near the quality needed. That’s peoples gripe with Campbell.

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Is that 2 players that have got contract renewals just before the manager gets sacked? Campbell with Ross and Newell with Maloney?

New manager could think both players aren't good enough. Good going Hibs!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Is that 2 players that have got contract renewals just before the manager gets sacked? Campbell with Ross and Newell with Maloney?

New manager could think both players aren't good enough. Good going Hibs!
    Newell will be a regular starter under whoever the new boss is. I've absolutely no doubt about it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Yep. Gets slated for not putting enough into a game, comes on a gets rattled in and is slagged off again. A laddie that’s won a raffle? Ffs.
    Get's rattled in? You mean escapes a red card after a pathetic tackle surely?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Gets slated for not being good enough. Throwing yourself into a red-card worthy tackle doesn't take you from poor to good enough.

Would you have preferred if I'd had said "Tombola" then ?

Time for reality here he is not good enough to be playing at Hibs end of. Whoever gave him that new long contract seen something the rest of us obviously don't.

Campbell is clearly being played out of position.

He is an offensive midfielder but has played the majority of games under Maloney as a defensive midfielder with strict guidelines about how far he can stray.

He is a Pat McGinlay type - nothing flashy, not particularly pacy, won’t jink past a man, not tremendously quick, not a hard man, not great in the air. All very Pat McGinlay who was revered by many.

Campbell is a box to box midfielder who is two footed, technically good and can get about the park better than most.

Keep him and give him a chance in his rightful position.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    That midfield has just got its 2nd manager the sack in 3 months, Campbell is all effort and little ability, Newell and JDH are two players who never get forward and create, Cadden and Doig are better but they need help.

I'd get rid of all three in the middle, i'm just sick of seeing them three pass the ball about with such negativity, and letting the opposition stroll back into position.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    He’s nowhere near the quality needed. That’s peoples gripe with Campbell.

This is true, unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No.10 View Post

He is an offensive midfielder but has played the majority of games under Maloney as a defensive midfielder with strict guidelines about how far he can stray.

He is a Pat McGinlay type - nothing flashy, not particularly pacy, won’t jink past a man, not tremendously quick, not a hard man, not great in the air. All very Pat McGinlay who was revered by many.

Campbell is a box to box midfielder who is two footed, technically good and can get about the park better than most.

Pat McGinlay was an excellent passer and was prolific in front of goal. Campbell is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Newell will be a regular starter under whoever the new boss is. I've absolutely no doubt about it.
    If Stevie Wonder gets the gig.

He absolutely is not a Pat McGinlay type. I think he had roughly one season where he didn't reach double figures. Campbell is on one goal this season.

As for being technically good? His inability to control a ball has cost us at least two goals this season.

On top of that, he constantly hides and doesn't want on the ball.

Not good enough.

Left by mutual consent!

Please tell me you are joking.

Campbell is being played out of position, by being on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    He absolutely is not a Pat McGinlay type. I think he had roughly one season where he didn't reach double figures. Campbell is on one goal this season.

As for being technically good? His inability to control a ball has cost us at least two goals this season.

Not good enough.
    I said he had similar attributes to McGinlay and was being played OUT OF POSITION.

Yet you simply compared the goal returns for Pat who had a freeish role and Josh who is has been tied to the back four.

Helpful.

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar

Direct quote I heard at the secret but full of goss corporate sponsors event the other night;
    'Josh, I served with Pat McGinlay. I knew Pat McGinlay. Pat McGinlay was a friend of mine. Josh, you're no Pat McGinlay'

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Sorry but you couldnt be further from the truth if you tried

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar

Mcginlay was a top scorer for us. You’re having a giraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    Should be nowhere near the first team. Needs growing up a bit.
    Needs shown the door.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
    Campbell is being played out of position, by being on the pitch
    Amen to that. Said a few weeks ago that Maloney’s insistence of deploying a formation that requires the use of Campbell and Wright would get him the sack so no surprise really. Lewis plays a blinder in the cup in CM, never seen again there until this weekend. Some bewildering picks/subs over the past few weeks.

Josh Campbell was excellent today. Full of drive and energy. What I like about him is that he's always wanting to get on with play as quickly as possible. He's got many positives about his game, in that he can play in many positions, is willing to get into the box and is not afraid to put the tackles in. Okay, he'll never be the silky skilful player that we probably all want to see, but he's good enough to play for the Hibees. And his goal, what a fantastic strike!

Let's hope he builds on today and puts in many more excellent displays for the Hibees.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Josh Campbell was excellent today. Full of drive and energy. What I like about him is that he's always wanting to get on with play as quickly as possible. He's got many positives about his game, in that he can play in many positions, is willing to get into the box and is not afraid to put the tackles in. Okay, he'll never be the silky skilful player that we probably all want to see, but he's good enough to play for the Hibees. And his goal, what a fantastic strike!

Let's hope he builds on today and puts in many more excellent displays for the Hibees.
    Yes, I agree. Not been keen on him before this season but he's been very good against the diets and full fat huns. I thought he was MoM today. At the heart of the first goal and great strike for the 2nd.

Well done Josh, beautiful goal, keep going.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

Agree, not everyones cup of tea but gives his all and doesnt hide, what he lacks in guile he sure makes up with his graft, do we need better, yep, but I think he is worth keeping, as you say, he is versatile

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

Not good enough.
    Still stand by this?

@hibs.net private member
    I've been of the opinion that Josh wasn't good enough but he was excellent today even without his goal/ part in the other goal and I thought he played well against Hearts too so I hope he is proving me and many others on this site wrong.

@hibs.net private member Stuarty1875's Avatar
    Delighted for Josh.

Put in a really good performance today.