hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Discount Codes

Discount Codes

Not sure if there is already an existing thread...thought it might be a good idea to start a thread with money saving codes given increased costs on many items.

This one is for Railcards.

Railcards normally cost £30 for one year (or £70 for three years on some cards), but enter the code 33YESPLEASE at the checkout at Trainline* to get it for £20 for one year (or £47 for three, where applicable). The code's valid until 11.59pm on Monday 28 February or until 300,000 railcards are sold using the code, whichever comes first.
    The code can only be used to buy one digital railcard and can't be used in conjunction with any other Trainline offer. It can be used to get 33% off the cost of the following railcards: 16-17 Saver, 16-25 Railcard, 26-30 Railcard, Family & Friends' Railcard, Network Railcard, Senior Railcard and Two Together Railcard. The offer excludes the Disabled Person's Railcard and Veterans' Railcard, as they're not available via Trainline.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good starter, and excellent thread idea 👍

I’m currently at email-complaint-war with the trainline so will refrain from taking advantage until that settles down 😁

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good starter, and excellent thread idea 👍

I’m currently at email-complaint-war with the trainline so will refrain from taking advantage until that settles down 😁
    The CEO email address (if you haven't already used it) might get you a quicker response than a general customer service one.

Mr Jody Ford Chief Executive
    Email Jody.Ford@thetrainline.com

https://www.ceoemail.com/index.php?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Great thread....everyone loves a bargain

London to Edinburgh train single £14.90 (£9.80 railcard) / London to Newcastle £11.90 (£7.85 railcard) - May / June dates @ Lumohttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lon...t-lumo-3894673

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    The CEO email address (if you haven't already used it) might get you a quicker response than a general customer service one.

Ooh, nice one thanks 👍 they’re at least a couple of days late getting back to me as promised, having requested it’s escalated after going back and forth getting nowhere (maybe hoping I’ve given up on the money they’re due me). Might give it one more crack before going to Jody 👍

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Not sure if there is already an existing thread...thought it might be a good idea to start a thread with money saving codes given increased costs on many items.

This one is for Railcards.

Railcards normally cost £30 for one year (or £70 for three years on some cards), but enter the code 33YESPLEASE at the checkout at Trainline* to get it for £20 for one year (or £47 for three, where applicable). The code's valid until 11.59pm on Monday 28 February or until 300,000 railcards are sold using the code, whichever comes first.
    The code can only be used to buy one digital railcard and can't be used in conjunction with any other Trainline offer. It can be used to get 33% off the cost of the following railcards: 16-17 Saver, 16-25 Railcard, 26-30 Railcard, Family & Friends' Railcard, Network Railcard, Senior Railcard and Two Together Railcard. The offer excludes the Disabled Person's Railcard and Veterans' Railcard, as they're not available via Trainline.
    Thanks very much for posting this. The wife and I were thinking of getting a railcard for our upcoming trip to London (even with the cost of that, it still makes the return train fair cheaper) so will pay for itself on that trip alone. Saw this and took the plunge.
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    Thanks very much for posting this. The wife and I were thinking of getting a railcard for our upcoming trip to London (even with the cost of that, it still makes the return train fair cheaper) so will pay for itself on that trip alone. Saw this and took the plunge.
    I'm sure Hibbyradge posted the same deal not long before Xmas, the more people that take advantage of the deal the better though, it's a cracking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I'm sure Hibbyradge posted the same deal not long before Xmas, the more people that take advantage of the deal the better though, it's a cracking deal.
    Think HR's was Black Friday specific, they offer some deal most years on BF.

Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    You're welcome. Have a good trip.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Great thread....everyone loves a bargain

London to Edinburgh train single £14.90 (£9.80 railcard) / London to Newcastle £11.90 (£7.85 railcard) - May / June dates @ Lumohttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lon...t-lumo-3894673

I don't think they're even a member of ATOC, they're an open access operator and can go pop at anytime. They only have 5 trains as well.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I don't think they're even a member of ATOC, they're an open access operator and can go pop at anytime. They only have 5 trains as well.
    Still a good deal if the times suit you.

Seeing your post on the coronavirus thread reminded me I meant to come back to this and say thanks again for your post.

Having got nowhere with them for around a couple of months, I used the above and got it sorted in about a week

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Seeing your post on the coronavirus thread reminded me I meant to come back to this and say thanks again for your post.

Having got nowhere with them for around a couple of months, I used the above and got it sorted in about a week
    Great advice though
    Always go to the top of an organisation if you have a problem

That's good. One less thing to have to deal with. Like BW says, often (but not always) going straight to the top gets quicker resolutions.

Not a discount code but great money and time saver. Free Royal Mail parcel collection service available until the end of the year. They even provide the postage label once you add the details online. Used the service the other day and you are allocated a one hour time slot, couldn't fault it. Scroll to the bottom of the page to read the footnotes.

Apologies if I've missed this being posted on other threads already.

https://www.royalmail.com/collection

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Not so much a discount code but if you have an Amazon account with a bank card registered with it, if you register a second back up card Amazon credit you with a £5.00 voucher redeemable with your next purchase.

Coupons/Freebies & Offers on this website. One that stands out is a free £20 with a kids debit card (I never read the detail). Only stumbled across this as lady on This Morning said there was a free coupon for the new type of pot noodle, it's not there yet btw (ragin!)

https://couponqueen.co.uk/

Birthday freebies for meals, retail discounts etc. Just sign up for newsletters seems to be all that's required to make a wee saving.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/de...ies-discounts/

Camera Obscura - This month you can get a FREE child ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket! You must have an EH postcode and bring proof on the day (ID, utility bill) This is ONLINE ONLY using promo code EHREWARD and does not apply to Saturdays,

https://twitter.com/camobscura/status/1633841318047752193?cxt=HHwWgoC92baByawtAAAA