hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Khan Brook

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting- you’d think Hearn etc would be all over him now, chucking contracts at him?
    Hearn was all over him and texting him galore to sign, they get on well but JT chose top rank as it was the easiest way to get the undisputed fight made and there would be no boxing politics involved

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Hearn was all over him and texting him galore to sign, they get on well but JT chose top rank as it was the easiest way to get the undisputed fight made and there would be no boxing politics involved
    Just read an article in the Guardian where JT is talking about legacy and belts being more important than fame and recognition which is a good attitude.

I'm not sure if I believe him though - based on his tweet about SPOTY not recognising him.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Just read an article in the Guardian where JT is talking about legacy and belts being more important than fame and recognition which is a good attitude.

I'm not sure if I believe him though - based on his tweet about SPOTY not recognising him.
    Of course the titles and legacy are more important. It doesn’t mean recognition isn’t important at all though as that all builds towards legacy. Josh has shown the choices he has made that legacy is his ultimate end goal. He could have went with Matchroom and been a huge name with a huge bank balance. Instead he went with Top rank so he could get his Ramirez fight and at the time the Crawford fight.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Of course the titles and legacy are more important. It doesn’t mean recognition isn’t important at all though as that all builds towards legacy. Josh has shown the choices he has made that legacy is his ultimate end goal. He could have went with Matchroom and been a huge name with a huge bank balance. Instead he went with Top rank so he could get his Ramirez fight and at the time the Crawford fight.
    It’s a good attitude and has served him well. I just took from the interview that although he says that he regrets it a bit due to the kicking recognition he gets.