hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Melkerson

Melkerson

What is actually going on with him? Is he injured? Was he signed for the B team?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is actually going on with him? Is he injured? Was he signed for the B team?
    Yes and no.

They were posting pictures of him training yesterday.

Hibs shouldn’t be spending the type of money they did, on a striker that’s for the future, when we’ve got the strikers we have in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    They were posting pictures of him training yesterday.

Hibs shouldn’t be spending the type of money they did, on a striker that’s for the future, when we’ve got the strikers we have in the present.
    Not quite sure what you mean . Like Nisbet and Doidge who aren`t scoring ?

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean . Like Nisbet and Doidge who aren`t scoring ?
    Then not scoring is my point. We needed to spend that money on someone for now, not someone we might see if go does all right in this apparent B team.

Left by mutual consent!
    *****ing 300k on the signature signing of the window and not playing him is one of the more puzzling decisions we’ve seen from hibs recently.

@hibs.net private member
    Ron the Con’s big youth policy signing

We signed him for the first team.

The League in his country finished in November.

He's currently being put through a 'mini pre season' training programme to get him up to speed to fit into the team.

All the above has been explained/discussed in multiple threads already.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    We signed him for the first team.

The League in his country finished in November.

He's currently being put through a 'mini pre season' training programme to get him up to speed to fit into the team.

All the above has been explained/discussed in multiple threads already.
    Yes but we lost so let’s forget all that and go ****ing radge.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Strange one. We should have used our playing budget resources in the January window for the here and now to push for 3rd, not to build a decent B team, the majority of whom I suspect will never make the grade.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Ron the Con’s big youth policy signing
    What’s the con here?

He’s spent money to bring the boy in for the first team, the manager has explained clearly that it will take a bit of time for him to be ready. He’s not played as a result.

What’s Ron conning is out of here?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    Strange one. We should have used our playing budget resources in the January window for the here and now to push for 3rd, not to build a decent B team, the majority of whom I suspect will never make the grade.
    He’s a first team signing.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

Melkerson

I actually feel sorry for him now. He’s 19 and hasn’t played for us yet but already has the expectation of us all to come in and instantly score and save us in every game, because **** knows where else our goals are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He’s a first team signing.
    Why’s he not near the first team then?

Last time Maloney spoke about him, he was talking about building him up in B team games and all that. Talking about him being a long term one.

Not having all the ‘mini pre season’ stuff and that. Take the Japanese boys at Celtic. Just came in and started playing 6 or 7 weeks after their last game. We need to wait, probably until it’s too late.

We needed a striker now. Spent a fortune on one who’s not in the first team, but was a first team signing of course. Pictures of him training yesterday, you’re not telling me he wasn’t even fit enough for the bench seen as he’s a first team player?
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 05-02-2022 at 11:57 PM.

Last time Maloney spoke about him, he was talking about building him up in B team games and all that. Talking about him being a long term one.

Not having all the ‘mini pre season’ stuff and that. Take the Japanese boys at Celtic. Just came in and started playing 6 or 7 weeks after their last game. We need to wait, probably until it’s too late.

We needed a striker now. Spent a fortune on one who’s not in the first team, but was a first team signing of course. Pictures of him training yesterday, you’re not telling me he wasn’t even fit enough for the bench seen as he’s a first team player?
    Maloney didn't say that, you've made it up.

As far as the "Japanese boys at Celtic" goes, they've done a terrible job managing Furuhashi's introduction to the team. He's been out injured since Boxing Day, his 2nd spell out due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Maloney didn't say that, you've made it up.

As far as the "Japanese boys at Celtic" goes, they've done a terrible job managing Furuhashi's introduction to the team. He's been out injured since Boxing Day, his 2nd spell out due to injury.
    Made nothing up, quote from the official site below. I also listened to an interview where he mentioned building him up in B team games. Kind of fits with him not being seen yet eh? Second sentence might be more worrying right enough.

“Melkerson is a long-term project, he is a young boy, so we need to give him time to adapt to the league and the new surroundings.

“We have very good players in those positions so if we are not short of options up front.”

You’re talking further pish about their Japanese boys. The injured one has been there since summer, won them a cup, then got injured. It happens. One of the others has just put them top of the league and has been their best player every game since the restart. I’d much rather spend our cash on someone we never see of course….
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 06-02-2022 at 12:25 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth

He's 19, he's a kid moving to a strange environment and will need time to adjust.

The Japanese 'boys' by contrast are all in their mid to late 20's and possibly? more used to living on their own, cooking for themselves and washing their own pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    I actually feel sorry for him now. He’s 19 and hasn’t played for us yet but already has the expectation of us all to come in and instantly score and save us in every game, because **** knows where else our goals are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post

He's 19, he's a kid moving to a strange environment and will need time to adjust.

The Japanese 'boys' by contrast are all in their mid to late 20's and possibly? more used to living on their own, cooking for themselves and washing their own pants.
    Point is we’re spending hundreds of thousands on someone who’s not available to play. I think that’s crap and is the kind of thing that will get the manager the sack. We needed players to come in now. It’s not a dig at Melkerson.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Point is we’re spending hundreds of thousands on someone who’s not available to play. I think that’s crap and is the kind of thing that will get the manager the sack. We needed players to come in now. It’s not a dig at Melkerson.

Well I suppose the point is he will be available to play when he's ready, and hopefully in the long run will be a good investment?

To be honest, this is the only way Hibs have got any chance of growing, we can't compete with the income streams of the ugly bigot brothers and can only generate significant income through player sales.

Will it work? Who knows but I'm glad that the club are giving it a ****ing good go.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Building him up in B team games is not the same as signing him for the B team. Kyle Magennis was playing B team games to get up to speed.

In the quote you selected from Maloney he says the boy isn’t ready yet. Not that he won’t ever be ready or that it’ll be next season before he’s in the first team.

Just the usual over-reaction nonsense that’s becoming more and more prevalent on here recently.

Made nothing up, quote from the official site below. I also listened to an interview where he mentioned building him up in B team games. Kind of fits with him not being seen yet eh? Second sentence might be more worrying right enough.

“Melkerson is a long-term project, he is a young boy, so we need to give him time to adapt to the league and the new surroundings.

“We have very good players in those positions so if we are not short of options up front.”

You’re talking further pish about their Japanese boys. The injured one has been there since summer, won them a cup, then got injured. It happens. One of the others has just put them top of the league and has been their best player every game since the restart. I’d much rather spend our cash on someone we never see of course….
    You're the one talking pish by comparing Melkersen to Celtic's Japanese players.

Kyogo got a hamstring injury in a dead rubber v Real Betis and then was rushed back for the final, he admitted himself he wasn't 100% fit. He then limped off after 15 minutes, having aggravated the same hamstring injury (he pulled up when running). "It happens", yes it happens if you gamble with a player's fitness. Yes, he's been there since the summer, the point is that he hasn't had a proper break from playing in the last 12 months. The only breaks he's had have been due to injury, which are much more likely to happen if someone is overplayed.

Building him up in B team games is not the same as signing him for the B team. Kyle Magennis was playing B team games to get up to speed.

In the quote you selected from Maloney he says the boy isn’t ready yet. Not that he won’t ever be ready or that it’ll be next season before he’s in the first team.

Just the usual over-reaction nonsense that’s becoming more and more prevalent on here recently.
    Agree completely. No one knows for sure how much we paid for this lad but I doubt it would be near the 300k being touted in this thread.

Total overreaction from some people.

@hibs.net private member
    Appreciate that he’ll not want to throw the lad in at the deep end but he’s surely fit enough to jump on for 20mins if need be. We’re not scoring goals and we’ve got a bench full of midfielders who don’t…….along with out strikers at present!

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Funnily enough you missed the first part of that quote

Speaking to HibsTV, Shaun Maloney provided an update on the ongoing situation:

“Nothing has changed at the moment. We are hoping in the next 24-hours, that something changes and that we will have Melkerson available, but we have planned for both scenarios either way.

“Melkerson is a long-term project, he is a young boy, so we need to give him time to adapt to the league and the new surroundings."

Why plan for both scenarios if he's a B team player?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

If I was a foreign player and Hibs were in for me, all I would need is 5 minutes on this message board and I’d run a ****ing mile. Christ almighty, when did our fans turn into such drama queens? Every thread is practically unreadable after a defeat.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Ron the Con patter is absolutely dire. Should be a banning offence.

How I yearn for the days we were bringing in over the hill journeymen like Rowan Vine and Tom Soares. Instead we’re signing players with big potential but we’ve already got a thread questioning why? Jesus god this place is getting worse.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I don’t get where you’re seeing an over reaction here.

We’ve spent a fortune on someone that isn’t ready to go in to our first team. We can’t score a goal, we needed to sign someone who was ready to play now, not however far down the line. Don’t have a problem with us buying long term projects, but we’ve neglected the areas that we needed to improve in January, just need to look at the team yesterday to see that.

Niklas Gunnarsson came in, played right away. Struggled a little but ended up fit and doing well for us.

There is just absolutely no way James Scott and sadly, Drey Wright should be getting minutes ahead of this guy, match fit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Funnily enough you missed the first part of that quote

Speaking to HibsTV, Shaun Maloney provided an update on the ongoing situation:

“Nothing has changed at the moment. We are hoping in the next 24-hours, that something changes and that we will have Melkerson available, but we have planned for both scenarios either way.

“Melkerson is a long-term project, he is a young boy, so we need to give him time to adapt to the league and the new surroundings."

Why plan for both scenarios if he's a B team player?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Why not have him in the first team squad yet if he’s a first team player then?