hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m saying signing him would shatter the credibility of the vision and image that we’ve put forward to the dressing room and the club.

We want to play attacking, fast paced and pressing football. The players have brought into that.

Griffiths has just been released by Celtic and Dundee, barely scores and is visibly overweight. Massive questions hang over his commitment and attitude.

Why on earth would we sign someone who can’t play the way we do, hasn’t gotten himself into shape despite getting a second chance at Dundee and could alienate the dressing room?

Bizarre.
    You make quite a few assumptions there , don't worry I doubt we'll sign him. Your vision for the club is safe

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Unsure what Griffiths has done in the last couple of years to warrant any sort of contract at Hibs. I’d rather give Melkersen a chance.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    You make quite a few assumptions there , don't worry I doubt we'll sign him. Your vision for the club is safe
    I can't see any assumptions there, but he's right.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    I’m really amazed at the number of nostalgics on here who are seriously touting for LG’s return. Let’s draw a line under under the possibility. Anyway, I don’t think Maloney would remotely consider it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    What assumptions?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

What assumptions?
    That he'd alienate the dressing room for one, but I'll leave it at that. We have differing opinions is all

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    That he'd alienate the dressing room for one, but I'll leave it at that. We have differing opinions is all
    That he could, and I explained why.

You seem to have the assumption that bringing him to a different club he’s represented before might kick off a Holllywood style plot where he returns to form, gets the girl, scores the winner in the cup and rides off into the sunset.

But let’s leave it at that because one of us clearly has higher standards and expectations for Hibs than the other.

That he could, and I explained why.

You seem to have the assumption that bringing him to a different club he’s represented before might kick off a Holllywood style plot where he returns to form, gets the girl, scores the winner in the cup and rides off into the sunset.

But let’s leave it at that because one of us clearly has higher standards and expectations for Hibs than the other.
    I once had hopes Hibs could be a major force when I was younger, I realised it wasn't ever going to happen long before I reached your age. I hope your vision and dream is realised

I once had hopes Hibs could be a major force when I was younger, I realised it wasn't ever going to happen long before I reached your age. I hope your vision and dream is realised
    It's not his vision and dream but the new manager's and many of us are excited to have someone trying change things for the better. I have never understood this place for wanting to try and turn the clock backwards and re sign past players.
    Last edited by J-C; 03-02-2022 at 10:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It's not his vision and dream but the new manager's and many of us are excited to have someone trying change things for the better. I have never understood this place for wanting to try and turn the click backwards and re sign past players.
    Kcilc.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Maybe signing questionable characters wouldn't be the best idea right now.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    I was hoping you'd actually post "he's had his chance, time to move on" since everyone was just waiting for the hyper emoji.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It's not his vision and dream but the new manager's and many of us are excited to have someone trying change things for the better. I have never understood this place for wanting to try and turn the click backwards and re sign past players.

Thank god those rumours about Stokes returning never amounted to anything eh?!

On a par with KT being a flag bearer for Rangers?
    I’m not sure what your point is? I wouldn’t say either were “Hibs through and through” after their antics. I certainly wouldn’t be kissing the Celtic badge if I played for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Thank god those rumours about Stokes returning never amounted to anything eh?!
    Haha don't always work out that well, his return afterwards was a total mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Kcilc.
    Eh?

Haha just spotted it, clock obviously, edited.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Leeann did have a soft spot for him.

I very much doubt that!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    St Mirren in for him now too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    I’m not sure what your point is? I wouldn’t say either were “Hibs through and through” after their antics. I certainly wouldn’t be kissing the Celtic badge if I played for them.
    If we’re comparing both their ‘antics’, I would say they are different. Griffiths, could kiss the Celtic badge to curry favour with the masses but could easily be saying ‘eff off you lot’ to himself. Who knows? On the other hand Katie says openly that he loves Rangers, has ambitions to be their manager and is proud to be an ambassador for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    St Mirren in for him now too.
    Surely they don't need him now they've got Gogic banging them in for them.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    If we’re comparing both their ‘antics’, I would say they are different. Griffiths, could kiss the Celtic badge to curry favour with the masses but could easily be saying ‘eff off you lot’ to himself. Who knows? On the other hand Katie says openly that he loves Rangers, has ambitions to be their manager and is proud to be an ambassador for them.
    Maybe Thomson said those things with his fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Big risk from the clubs mentioned above to spend money on someone who’s likely to be banned for months at some point soon.
    Why is he likely to be banned for months? Have I forgotten about some pending trial date?

A fit Griffiths is one of the best strikers in Scotland. He's also a lifelong Hibs fan whose previous time at the club lit up some dark days and who would doubtless love to play for us again. I'd have him back if he could sharpen up but my head says he'd struggle to do do.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    We could sign him and loan him out to Charleston Battery

Falkirk would be a perfect fit. He certainly owes them!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    If you were a Hearts fan at last night’s derby, which Hibs substitution with 10 minutes to go would give you the most fear: Drey Wright or Leigh Griffiths?

If Justin Timberlake can bring sexy back, surely Hibs can bring Sparky back?
    That's a genuine "laugh out loud" moment 😂

Bring him back alongside Jason. And what about Deeks? Disappointed to see the ‘does anybody thing he could still do a job for us’ threads have closed there.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I very much doubt that!
    Why.

Leaving comps for him under his name for home games, he then started giving them to friends and family who were known to cause bother in the players lounge and was pulled up about it that the 2 tickets were for him and one other person and not to be handed out to friends, she defo had a soft spot for him.

Where other players who were Hibs players and not here on loan deals had to pay for tickets to get in to watch games.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Why.

Leaving comps for him under his name for home games, he then started giving them to friends and family who were known to cause bother in the players lounge and was pulled up about it that the 2 tickets were for him and one other person and not to be handed out to friends, she defo had a soft spot for him.

Where other players who were Hibs players and not here on loan deals had to pay for tickets to get in to watch games.
    Thats pretty embarrassing from Hibs if true. Very poor way to treat guys playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Why is he likely to be banned for months? Have I forgotten about some pending trial date?

A fit Griffiths is one of the best strikers in Scotland. He's also a lifelong Hibs fan whose previous time at the club lit up some dark days and who would doubtless love to play for us again. I'd have him back if he could sharpen up but my head says he'd struggle to do do.
    He has a court case over kicking the flare back at StJ. fans and will be dealt with by the SFA after that.
    Why would a guy who couldn’t be bothered to get himself fit to try to win a league or fight relegation suddenly decide to smarten up for us?