hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar

Getting over a defeat

Pretty disappointing today.

Operation recovery, Fine glass or two of red, Stones documentary on the box, marinated chicken wings and associated sides, pretty chill.

What you up to? Coping?
    Last edited by Lancs Harp; 29-01-2022 at 08:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Mrs is out so had both the bairns on my own since midday. Daughter went to the game with my dad whilst I dealt with a teething 4 month old and HibsTV.

Just got them off to bed now so a large glass of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon is well needed. Cat has decided he wants to sleep on my chest so that's a good excuse for keeping the feet up and doing nothing else.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty disappointing today.

Operation recovery, Fine glass or two of red, Stones documentary on the box, marinated chicken wings and associated sides, pretty chill.

What you up to? Coping?
    Late to the party I know… but all of the above sounds absolutely f******* lovely!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I made my own ribs last Saturday. Started the process Friday night, marinade them in a mixture of garlic, soy, honey, all spice, Res chillie, spring onion, Dijon mustard and Demerara sugar. Left overnight and stuck in slow cooker for about 8 1/2 hours. Finished in the oven for 30/40 mins with same sauce brushed on top (makes a hell of a run and gives a really crispy crust)
    First time recipe and the bairn said it was 'the best ribs I've ever had' which took away from the defeat and we had a nice family night

I'm literally making the same again, stuck them in slow cooker an hour ago, come win loose or draw, it's sure to put a smile on our faces, with a glass or 2 or Rioja and kick their asses at Monopoly, Edinburgh edition again 😂

Strongbow and shots of chilli sambuca seem to be my go to this weekend.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Getting home and watching Scotland beat England to win the calcutta Cup final it for me. Have to say tho that I am pissed off again this morning at the defeat yesterday

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I made my own ribs last Saturday. Started the process Friday night, marinade them in a mixture of garlic, soy, honey, all spice, Res chillie, spring onion, Dijon mustard and Demerara sugar. Left overnight and stuck in slow cooker for about 8 1/2 hours. Finished in the oven for 30/40 mins with same sauce brushed on top (makes a hell of a run and gives a really crispy crust)
    First time recipe and the bairn said it was 'the best ribs I've ever had' which took away from the defeat and we had a nice family night

I'm literally making the same again, stuck them in slow cooker an hour ago, come win loose or draw, it's sure to put a smile on our faces, with a glass or 2 or Rioja and kick their asses at Monopoly, Edinburgh edition again 😂
    You get ribs from the butcher's, how much is a rack. Sounds brilliant

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    For my million and third mention of it, cold water swimming. Heard that there had been snow in Fife so headed through to the closest tidal pool to us for a five to ten minute swim.

Once you’ve been in and out you feel awake, rejuvenated and in a much better mood, especially after a flask of coffee. It’s very addictive.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

What works for me if I'm doing something else on a Saturday which news of a Hibs defeat would sour (not necessarily anything amazing, just a fun family day/cooking a meal and settling down to a movie etc) I don't bother checking the score until the next day, or sometimes not until the next week. That way you don't taint the weekend buzz and seeing the score a day or two later is somehow less painful, more diluted even because the world has moved on since the game. Plus of course you sometimes get a wee buzz for the new week if it turns out we won. It's not something that is initially easy to do (and there's no way I could have done it when I was younger and football mad) but if you work at it you get comfortable with it.

@hibs.net private member
    I made pizza dough last Wednesday for making after the game.

6 pizza doughs so stretched them all out, got the Ooni Karu 16 going and cooked some wood fired pizza. Home made San Marzano sauce, mozzarella and different combinations of pepperoni, pickled pineapple, rocket, Parma ham, nduja and sausage meat to go on top.

Cracked open a nice bottle of red. Had forgot about the result the minute I got the pizza oven going.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    I made pizza dough last Wednesday for making after the game.

6 pizza doughs so stretched them all out, got the Ooni Karu 16 going and cooked some wood fired pizza. Home made San Marzano sauce, mozzarella and different combinations of pepperoni, pickled pineapple, rocket, Parma ham, nduja and sausage meat to go on top.

Cracked open a nice bottle of red. Had forgot about the result the minute I got the pizza oven going.
    Red card for the pickled pineapple!

Just laugh it off. There'll be another defeat coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Strongbow and shots of chilli sambuca seem to be my go to this weekend.
    I find myself in Carlisle today so, potential for more of the same! 🤔

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    As I get older, I'm slowly getting better at dealing with defeats and it's taking me less and less time to put them behind me.

I'm currently working on when we were knocked out of the UEFA Cup on aggregate by Strasbourg in 1978.

Once that's behind me, I'll start processing the 1979 Scottish Cup Final.