hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Was that the first time…?

After Lewy went of last night, was that the first time that Hibs have played without any of the squad from that glorious day in May on the pitch?
    Given that Hanlon, Boyle and to a lesser extent Lewy and Daz have been pretty regular starters in recent years, I can’t recall an occasion when none of the heroes of 2016 were playing?

Also on a side note, who got the armband after LS was subbied? I never noticed at the time.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After Lewy went of last night, was that the first time that Hibs have played without any of the squad from that glorious day in May on the pitch?
    Given that Hanlon, Boyle and to a lesser extent Lewy and Daz have been pretty regular starters in recent years, I can’t recall an occasion when none of the heroes of 2016 were playing?

Also on a side note, who got the armband after LS was subbied? I never noticed at the time.
    Paul McGinn.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Paul McGinn.
    I thought you were suggesting McGinn was in the squad until I read to the bottom 😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post

Yes I believe it was.

Sad times, suppose it had to happen sooner or later.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yes I believe it was.

Sad times, suppose it had to happen sooner or later.
    6 years of having at least one legend on the pitch is a pretty good, run to be fair