hibs.net Messageboard

'S' Form

Question Hibs Hospitality

I’m going soon to Hibs Hospitality to celebrate a special occasion. Please could anyone who’s been recently give me an idea of what to expect. Things like - sharing tables (4of us going)? With other Hibs fans? What’s the food like? I know colours aren’t allowed in the restaurant but scarves etc ok outside? Can’t find any of that on the website. Thanks ��
    Last edited by BristolAnn; 26-01-2022 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Too big

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BristolAnn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m going soon to Hibs Hospitality to celebrate a special occasion. Please could anyone who’s been recently give me an idea of what to expect. Things like - sharing tables (4of us going)? With other Hibs fans? What’s the food like? I know colours aren’t allowed in the restaurant but scarves etc ok outside? Can’t find any of that on the website. Thanks ��
    I went earlier this season, you'll be at a table of 8 (I think), you'll get a 3 course meal which I enjoyed, drinks served every so often pre-match (assuming you're in the inclusive bar one), half time tea/coffee and a pie and then a drink after full time.

Don't worry too much about the dress code, it's not as strict as they make it out to be as I had two guys in blue jeans at my table and one wore a Hibs scarf to get to the table and nothing was said.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 26-01-2022 at 04:11 PM.

'S' Form
    Thank you, that’s really helpful. Hopefully we’ll be sharing with other Hibees and that they won’t be stingy with the drink!

Thank you, that’s really helpful. Hopefully we’ll be sharing with other Hibees and that they won’t be stingy with the drink!
    It most probably will be other Hibs fans who are there but people obviously get access to hospitality through their work etc so there may be fans of other teams there too and even people who don't support any team and are just there for a drink and some food! I went a few years ago for a game v Celtic and we had two Celtic fans at our table.

I think you officially get 8 drinks during your time in hospitality, if you're in the one with the inclusive bar. Wine is also supposed to be on the table for arrival although this didn't happen for us the last time for some reason. Based on previous experience the 8 drinks limit can be increased if you're willing to tip the waiter/waitress!

'S' Form
    Thank you. Of course, we don’t mind who we share with as long as they’re up for some banter! Thanks for the tip about the drinks too - really good to know!!!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I was their just before Xmas for the Aberdeen game.

Just ask for drinks every time one of the staff passes your table, ours were flowing all night!

Most times I’ve been there it’s been tables of 8 - 12, mainly Hibs fans.

Did Hibs Rangers where there were 6 Rangers fans and only 4 Hibs. Totally ruined the day and the only time I’ve been in hospitality and seen people thrown out. I won’t do hospitality against them again.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Thank you. Of course, we don’t mind who we share with as long as they’re up for some banter! Thanks for the tip about the drinks too - really good to know!!!
    In my experience, which has only ever been corporate led, treat the person attending to your table right and they’ll be keener to get back to your table. I’ve never heard of the 8 drinks thing unless it’s a recent innovation but 8 sounds good so get your moneys worth.

'S' Form
    Thank you all for replying. It’s been really helpful. We’re going to the Ross County game so hopefully no problems in the restaurant. Mind you with all that booze we just need to make sure we see the game :) !!!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    As said earlier, tip the staff but make sure you do it at the beginning, not the end. Have a whip round from the table & give them a decent tip and ask them to keep the drinks flowing. Usually pays dividends.