Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    He was notable for having a long throw

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Mentioning Fenlon in the same breath as Butcher and Calderwood is a hanging offence IMO. At least he cared, wasn't a bully and didn't spend his time looking in bags of sweeties. Thoroughly decent bloke as well by all accounts. Butcher and Calderwood can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care
    Jim Duffy was/is a nice guy, but he was still a **** Hibs manager.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Jim Duffy was/is a nice guy, but he was still a **** Hibs manager.
    Fenlon has on his CV, 2 of our worst scores in our history

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Was it Clancy who left as he was quitting football due to injury only to re-emerge and play full time over in Ireland? My recollections of him was contributed little to the club.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    No single result is worse than relegation.

Most Hibs managers have 2/3 absolutely dreadful results on their cv here. Ross, Mowbray and Stubbs certainly do.

Fenlon has 8 trophies on his managerial CV, I think he'll look back quite proudly.

Main thing I remember about Clancy was a spectacular goal in a pre season friendly v East Fife . Scored against Celtic too . Was signed for cover in defence and did that in his first season before injuries put an end to his Hibs`career .

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    No single result is worse than relegation.
    Don’t disagree with that

Mowbray got a good few scuddings from Hearts. Some of the worst batterings I've seen from them including Hampden. Happens to the best. If Twitter was as big then as it is now it would have been insufferable.
    Last edited by Since452; 23-01-2022 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Main thing I remember about Clancy was a spectacular goal in a pre season friendly v East Fife . Scored against Celtic too . Was signed for cover in defence and did that in his first season before injuries put an end to his Hibs`career .
    He was signed to be first choice right back, no doubt about that. Played 90 minutes whenever fit that first season.

His performance in the Falkirk semi was as bad as I've seen from an individual at Hibs tbh. He had an absolute nightmare.

Me either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

All I remember of him was permanently injured and slower than a week in jail, one of many really poor players we had at the club at that time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Clancy has a cheek, he was a wage thief. Pretended to be injured during his entire time with us. The odd time he did actually play he was absolute gash.

I really, really hate the 'wage thief' expression.

McLeish was a good manager for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Same here . Used without knowing anything about fitness or other problems of players . Presumably those that use the expression are perfect workers in whatever they do .

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Tim Clancy stole a wage at Hibs, awful player and professional, more interested in Twitter and boxing quips. Butcher was as awful as Tim.

Heart of a mouse too, played on 'injuries' - best thing he ever did was take a throw at Tynie and tell the fan he smelled. A truly awful player. Butcher probably told him the truth - he was lilian gish

Butcher told more than just one player the truth but it's always been ok to blame him for our relegation, not the p@sh players, no coincidence that not one of the more than dozen he got rid of came back to haunt us, only LD stopped him before he finished the clear out

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Only an idiot would use such a term. Wonder how many of them are lazy, useless twats in their own profession.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    All I remember of him was permanently injured and slower than a week in jail, one of many really poor players we had at the club at that time.
    Do you remember him being permanently injured or people here or in press saying he was ? He played nearly 20 games for us in 2012 / 13 after being signed to be general defensive cover after being a stable but not spectacular player for Motherwell and Killie . Was outstanding as cover in a team that was top of league at Christmas and had just knocked Hearts out of cup a few months after May 2012 dsaster . He then got injured and left us after Butcher took over . Played some games for St Johnstone but missed their cup win for injury ( would have been highlight of his career probably ) . So he didn`t contribute to our relegation but did contribute to our qualifying for Europe the year before .
    As for all the really poor players we had at that time , which players did we have then ( not sure exactly what period you mean but suppose you mean 2012 to 2014 more or less ) that compare so infavourably with what we`ve had for last couple of years ?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Butcher told more than just one player the truth but it's always been ok to blame him for our relegation, not the p@sh players, no coincidence that not one of the more than dozen he got rid of came back to haunt us, only LD stopped him before he finished the clear out
    Those pish players had us safely mid-table before Butcher arrived.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    When Butcher took over we were 5th and had just lost to Hearts in a LC tie where we`d totally outplayed them but lost to a one off shot ( Pat had decided to leave even if we`d won against Hearts anyway ) . Butcher took over at worst middle of league team and after a few decent results led us to relegation . He was a terrible appointment in many ways .

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    He was notable for having a long throw
    The only long throw I can remember is the one Mark Milligan launched in the final game of the season. Not a tactic I associate with Hibs post Schaedler.

More generally as one of few who was there at the final whistle in the Malmo game everything they hit was postsge stamp. I doubt they ever had another result like it. Score was horrible and we werr stuffed afer McPake injured himself. Im not defending the result but a lot went right for them on the day including us hitting the post.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He was signed to be first choice right back, no doubt about that. Played 90 minutes whenever fit that first season.

His performance in the Falkirk semi was as bad as I've seen from an individual at Hibs tbh. He had an absolute nightmare.
    Completely agree that's what sticks in my mind.
    I seem to remember Cairney also had a shocker.

Do you remember him being permanently injured or people here or in press saying he was ? He played nearly 20 games for us in 2012 / 13 after being signed to be general defensive cover after being a stable but not spectacular player for Motherwell and Killie . Was outstanding as cover in a team that was top of league at Christmas and had just knocked Hearts out of cup a few months after May 2012 dsaster . He then got injured and left us after Butcher took over . Played some games for St Johnstone but missed their cup win for injury ( would have been highlight of his career probably ) . So he didn`t contribute to our relegation but did contribute to our qualifying for Europe the year before .
    As for all the really poor players we had at that time , which players did we have then ( not sure exactly what period you mean but suppose you mean 2012 to 2014 more or less ) that compare so infavourably with what we`ve had for last couple of years ?
    Tim Clancy was not signed as cover. He was first choice right back whenever fit in his first season.

Clancy made 21 appearances in 2102 season and zero appearances in 2013(permanently injured) and released in January 2014.

Poor players in those 2 seasons are Sean O'Hanlon, Matt Done, Pa Kujabi, Gary Deegan, Ryan McGivern, Shefki Kuqi, Daniel Boetang, Owain Tudor Jones, Alan Maybury (nice bloke but past it), Rowan Vine, Michael Nelson, Fraser Mullen, Danny Haynes.

I think you get the gist from that list of ex players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Only an idiot would use such a term. Wonder how many of them are lazy, useless twats in their own profession.
    Terrible post.

It is a good term and nobody is in doubt what is meant by it. Some folk don't like the term - fair enough. Some folk don't like having players at the club who contribute nothing.

As to your second point you can't possibly know. The people using the term could equally be the hardest working going. Their opinion on here is no more or less valid either way.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Terrible post.

It is a good term and nobody is in doubt what is meant by it. Some folk don't like the term - fair enough. Some folk don't like having players at the club who contribute nothing.

As to your second point you can't possibly know. The people using the term could equally be the hardest working going. Their opinion on here is no more or less valid either way.
    Lin the absence of anything else shaming is the way to go…
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

The only long throw I can remember is the one Mark Milligan launched in the final game of the season. Not a tactic I associate with Hibs post Schaedler.

More generally as one of few who was there at the final whistle in the Malmo game everything they hit was postsge stamp. I doubt they ever had another result like it. Score was horrible and we werr stuffed afer McPake injured himself. Im not defending the result but a lot went right for them on the day including us hitting the post.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely correct. I said at the time that it was the perfect storm.

We had no fit strikers so Malmo didn't have to concern themselves with defending and when McPake got injured, it was shooty-in.

A shocking result, but a fluke nonetheless.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Terrible post.

It's a shocking thing to call a professional in any field.

No, he can't know which is why he said that he "wonders how many..."

When Butcher took over we were 5th and had just lost to Hearts in a LC tie where we`d totally outplayed them but lost to a one off shot ( Pat had decided to leave even if we`d won against Hearts anyway ) . Butcher took over at worst middle of league team and after a few decent results led us to relegation . He was a terrible appointment in many ways .
    I still think we wouldn't have got relegated if Fenlon had stayed.

Folk blaming players for Butcher getting us relegated is mental. There were some very poor players who still wouldn’t have got us relegated had Butcher not come in. He destroyed them, told them they were binned, alienated the senior players, tore the younger players a new one.

Won 1 in 12 at Newport after us. Walked out on the Phillipines, the guy is a roaster and deserves every bit of hostility he gets from us.

One of the most one sided derbies i've seen. Absolutley battered them. Jamie McDonald i think it was in goals had the game of his life. Typical against that lot. Their goal was a 30 yard once in a lifetime screamer. If the performances were reversed Hearts would win 5-0.