hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    I think maybe some folk need to dial down the paranoia levels a little.

It's not trying to harvest your data, this isn't facebook. It specifically states your data will not be transferred. If it is then they're in a world of hurt under current legislation. But if you are concerned you can just not answer this questions.

I've worked with Edinburgh Uni before on survey type projects and this is pretty standard. The initial questions are just generic ones used to build a population profile - this can be used for all sorts of analysis around marketing and pricing structures - for example it'll be very useful when trying to sell the club to potential corporate partners.

The 'White British' thing is the same, it's just a generic question and answer picked from a list, not everything has to be about politics/independence.

If you're suspicious about the motives around asking particular questions - eg are you really attached to Easter Road - then answer them and make sure the club knows how you'd feel about it.

I can understand why it's being asked. Parts of the ground are 30+ years old and will need significant money put into them in the next 10 years. The club would be negligent not to be investigating options.

Personally I fed back that connection to Edinburgh, Easter Road and the surrounding community is, for me, the most important aspect of being a Hibby. Even more important (much more) than footballing success. That the club should be prioritising engaging with and embedding itself into the community and using its influence and power to make a difference in people's lives. We should be promoting the women's team/game and community initiatives to bring more into the club.

If we move from Easter Road we're not Hibs anymore and I'm out as a fan - but the club don't know that unless we tell them. Some folk might be happy to move if it brought money and sporting success. A businessman would do it without thinking if no one is telling them otherwise.

As someone who can't get to as many games as I'd like I'm interested in membership options. I don't care about pie prices or standing, I do care about stewarding and matchday experience. I would like us not to take money from gambling companies and I'm not interested in watching games on tv. I'm not sure what the transport questions were about but I'm always happy to take a dig at the sorry state of public transport in Scotland.

That's how I feel, if you disagree, fill out the survey and tell them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Also found the matchday pricing question a bit odd as it said current pricing ranges from £24-28 when that's only referring to category C pricing.

Coaching Staff
    As an overseas fan who cannot attend games, but still supports the club in many ways, I felt excluded.

Be nice if the club included us in such things.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 23-01-2022 at 07:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    It was sooo long I forgot whether the survey mentions it’s purpose.
    imagine the university worked to the brief but (assuming as a sports academy they’d have wider experience to draw on and advise the client on potential for exclusion) I wonder if there was a pilot and if the pilot included a reasonable cross section of who were trying to reach ? Can save money in the long run and catch snags up front.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

It was strange how much it was asking how much Edinburgh means. For Hibs fans not from Edinburgh, and there is a lot, probably not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was strange how much it was asking how much Edinburgh means. For Hibs fans not from Edinburgh, and there is a lot, probably not much.
    As a Hibs fan with no connection to Edinburgh, its a subject a don't really think about.

Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I feel really connected to Easter Road and the immediate area around the stadium. I am proud that we are 'from the capital' my capital even if I'm not from there.

Personally I would strongly resist any notion of a move away from Easter Road but should it ever arise I wouldn't be 'out' I am and will always be a Hibby.

Our North and South stands are nearly 30 years old and now require regular costly maintenance. There are countless stands and stadiums up and down the UK built in the same era in the wake of the Taylor Report that are in the same boat as us. Many rebuilds and even some relocations will happen in 10 to 20 years time.

If money was no object then I would rebuild the FF and South stands. Single tier, slightly wider and closer to the pitch, this would really enclose the ground and raise capacity by a few hundred. Use the North West corner to build new function space, museum, fans hub, TV studios or whatever. It's a massive space and could have numerous uses.

If that means spending a season at Tynie or wherever then I can live with that but we have to stay at ER in my opinion.
    Last edited by Renfrew_Hibby; 23-01-2022 at 08:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    The questionnaire is long but there was nothing in it that had me jumping to the conclusions some have. We all want Hibs to remain at ER and we want an attractive football in a nice stadium at reasonable prices. This survey is trying to gage fans thoughts on how best we achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I’d be amazed if there’sa single person replying to that survey who says they’d be happy to move from Easter Rd.

It’s a complete non-starter and there is no good reason for considering it all, commercially or otherwise.

I put a suggestion in to move nearer to my house in Glasgow but I can't imagine they'll be doing that any time soon.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Thanks for flagging.

The club greatly appreciates the time to complete the Hibernian Football Club Fan Survey to help support all club projects and future thinking

https://edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/j...atfQ9nHGZWKltI

✅ Tickets
    ✅ Pricing
    ✅ Loyalty Points
    ✅ Safe Standing
    ✅ Atmosphere
    ✅ Communications and content
    ✅ Social issues (racism, sectarianism, inequalities)
    ✅ Community involvement
    Some of the survey seems very similar in content to those December groups at Easter Road which were basically a waste of time.
    They also need to stop referring to the match programme as this is particularly annoying to me...

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Some of the survey seems very similar in content to those December groups at Easter Road which were basically a waste of time.
    They also need to stop referring to the match programme as this is particularly annoying to me...
    Did you ever get your programme up and running? Apologies if it wasnt you

@hibs.net private member
    I also notice their promised magazine hasn’t materialised !!

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    As a Hibs fan with no connection to Edinburgh, its a subject a don't really think about.

Now that I'm actually thinking about it, I feel really connected to Easter Road and the immediate area around the stadium. I am proud that we are 'from the capital' my capital even if I'm not from there.

Personally I would strongly resist any notion of a move away from Easter Road but should it ever arise I wouldn't be 'out' I am and will always be a Hibby.

Our North and South stands are nearly 30 years old and now require regular costly maintenance. There are countless stands and stadiums up and down the UK built in the same era in the wake of the Taylor Report that are in the same boat as us. Many rebuilds and even some relocations will happen in 10 to 20 years time.

If money was no object then I would rebuild the FF and South stands. Single tier, slightly wider and closer to the pitch, this would really enclose the ground and raise capacity by a few hundred. Use the North West corner to build new function space, museum, fans hub, TV studios or whatever. It's a massive space and could have numerous uses.

If that means spending a season at Tynie or wherever then I can live with that but we have to stay at ER in my opinion.
    Crazy to think those stands are nearly 30 years old. I still see them as pretty new! Time flies.

Crazy to think those stands are nearly 30 years old. I still see them as pretty new! Time flies.
    When were they built? I started going 1993, dont think it was long after that

Edit - 1995

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.
    Yep ridiculous to think so

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So we're not selling up and moving in with Hearts and paying them rent then? 9k a week I'd heard.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    Did you ever get your programme up and running? Apologies if it wasnt you
    It was me and it stalled I’m afraid....

It was me and it stalled I’m afraid....
    Ahh, i was actually thinking about it at the last league game, i had no phone signal at half time and could have done with something to read!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    Ahh, i was actually thinking about it at the last league game, i had no phone signal at half time and could have done with something to read!
    Well, exactly......

Walked past the ground last weekend and the outside of the Famous Five stand looks awful! Suspect a cleaning and maintenance regime hasn't been adhered to.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    https://twitter.com/gregmcewan/statu...856916996?s=21

No plans to move from the stadium.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I remember the ill thought out move to Straiton reaction was taken not very well, I wonder how the reaction would meet similar reaction if proposed new stadium at Leith Docks was considered

Anyway, will still be at Easter Road long after Im deid 🤣

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    As an overseas fan who cannot attend games, but still supports the club in many ways, I felt excluded.

Be nice if the club included us in such things.
    As an overseas fan who cant attend many games too I was happy to answer the questions. Many still applied to me even though Im not around.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wish if I’d put this on my survey reply
    Hibs seem to be changing the email addresses they communicate with. Todays went into my junk box, as it was another new one. Surely it would be simpler for supporters, with one email address as communication from the club

Thanks for flagging.

The club greatly appreciates the time to complete the Hibernian Football Club Fan Survey to help support all club projects and future thinking

https://edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/j...atfQ9nHGZWKltI

✅ Tickets
    ✅ Pricing
    ✅ Loyalty Points
    ✅ Safe Standing
    ✅ Atmosphere
    ✅ Communications and content
    ✅ Social issues (racism, sectarianism, inequalities)
    ✅ Community involvement

You could also thank the jambos that are filling out the survey.
    Survey form link been posted on jambo fans forum.

Revenge for the Lithuanian emails !!

The baw's burst !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 26-01-2022 at 06:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post

The ba's burst !
    I think that news to be highlighted to the club, to let them know that any stats derived from the survey will be completely false , hence the whole thing is a waste of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I think that news to be highlighted to the club, to let them know that any stats derived from the survey will be completely false , hence the whole thing is a waste of time.

Indeed,mutley
    That is why i replied on Kieran's thank you post.
    He will know what to do ..i think !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post

The baw's burst !
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post

Thanks both ✅

The club has controls in place to cleanse the data - there’s a few unique identifiers when providing the data responses.

I’m sure the rogue responses will be spotted a mile away ✅

Thanks both ✅

The club has controls in place to cleanse the data - there’s a few unique identifiers when providing the data responses.

I’m sure the rogue responses will be spotted a mile away ✅
    thank you - good to know.

Apologies if missed it elsewhere, or maybe in survey but I have forgotten - but wondering if findings will be shared (even if only at a high level) with support?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    In the Evening News online that there are no plans to move from Easter Road.

Hopefully that can be put to bed now.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    In the Evening News online that there are no plans to move from Easter Road.

Hopefully that can be put to bed now.
    I hope so. Ron owns the club and he makes the big financial calls.

I would chain myself to the proverbial gates to keep Hibs at Easter Road.