hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just an excuse to harvest your data and sell on to faceless companies, avoid.
    It explicitly states that your data will not be passed onto third parties. They would therefore be in deep **** if they did so.

However... it's a loooooong questionnaire. I think that's probably more off-putting than anything else.

Have done it though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I’ve completed it and chose not to answer the questions I didn’t want to answer. I hope there are enough responses to make this effort by the club worthwhile and our combined responses contribute towards decision making at the club.

It would be good if somewhere down the line a consolidated result of the survey was shown to us.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    It explicitly states that your data will not be passed onto third parties. They would therefore be in deep **** if they did so.

However... it's a loooooong questionnaire. I think that's probably more off-putting than anything else.

Have done it though.
    the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The survey didn't ask where we sit, and I don't think my opinion from the West Upper should determine whether someone else loses their current seat.

A proper consultation would need to be with those directly affected who would lose their seats in the FFL, with a majority being willing to move. That may involve some incentive such as transferring the kids prices to the Bronze areas of the East.

Ideally it should also involve getting commitments from those willing to move to FFL to ensure that there will be a reasonable number there to make the change worthwhile. Making the FFL into a safe standing area that is 25% full would look worse than having it half empty.
    How many ST are in FF lower ?

There are plenty spaces in other stands including south stand that they could move seats to plus spaces would open up if others moved to FF lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Really disappointed with that. The FFL is a real problem area and looks terrible even in the big games.
    Just finished the survey now, and I too have showed encouragement for safe standing in the FF lower.

But although safe-standing might not be in the immediate future, think if there's enough encouragement for moving the singing-section to the FF lower there's little reason that couldn't happen come next season?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    There was a bit on how you travel to Easter Rd! Hibs must be really concerned at the roadworks in the City/Leith due to tram works

Getting to the ground is getting harder every week for the likes of me. Wouldn’t surprise if some decided not to bother, tram works are terrible

Any idea how long it’s going to be as bad as it just now

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    There was a bit on how you travel to Easter Rd! Hibs must be really concerned at the roadworks in the City/Leith due to tram works

Getting to the ground is getting harder every week for the likes of me. Wouldn’t surprise if some decided not to bother, tram works are terrible

Any idea how long it’s going to be as bad as it just now
    Sure the extended line is to open in Spring 2023.

Looking forward to it as the tram from Ingliston in the better weather works for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.
    There were lots of questions around "if Hibs werent at Easter Road" which made me think this was something being looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    There were lots of questions around "if Hibs werent at Easter Road" which made me think this was something being looked into.
    I’m sure I read on twitter that this question was to understand fans attachment to Easter Road itself.

I hope that’s why it’s there anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I suppose the questions could tie in with the realisation that if we are successful what are the constraints on what we can do? It’s capacity of the stadium isn’t it. So perhaps the option could be for big games to maximise revenues to switch to Murrayfield?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    I suppose the questions could tie in with the realisation that if we are successful what are the constraints on what we can do? It’s capacity of the stadium isn’t it. So perhaps the option could be for big games to maximise revenues to switch to Murrayfield?
    That would be horrendous. Sitting in a half empty stadium not far from Gorgie.

Would never happen.

So we're not selling up and moving in with Hearts and paying them rent then? 9k a week I'd heard.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So we're not selling up and moving in with Hearts and paying them rent then? 9k a week I'd heard.
    Yeah, and it goes up to £20k a week when the megastand's finished.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    No changes to the stadium configuration for next season. Any change would need proper consultations and various impact assessments (there’s lots of points to consider).

Club is aware of the topic - from before and now. This survey will only help in areas such as that.

Most of the comments on here would suggest it's quite simple and straightforward but it's good to hear the club are aware that it's a bit more complex than some people make out.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    How many ST are in FF lower ?

There are plenty spaces in other stands including south stand that they could move seats to plus spaces would open up if others moved to FF lower.

It was 1,600 before Covid but I think it's now just over 1,400

The question of relocating was asked by a marketing guy, at a fans forum, before the end of last year, and brought up again in the survey.

Paranoia, behave, if they were not thinking about it, why even throw the question in? Are you privy to Board discussions, only if so, would you you know there is no hint on relocating?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I think it will be a long time before we find ourselves with the problem of a stadium that’s too small for us… but if it ever did happen then surely it’s an easy fix. Fill in the corners and stick another tier on the East.

there’s surely no rational argument to leave Easter Road. It’s a wonderful old place (though there’s certainly room for improvement with the atmosphere) and it’s in a fabulous location.

@hibs.net private member
    Of course it is Matty - what other reason is there to ask that question . It is testing the hypothesis .

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The question of relocating was asked by a marketing guy, at a fans forum, before the end of last year, and brought up again in the survey.

Paranoia, behave, if they were not thinking about it, why even throw the question in? Are you privy to Board discussions, only if so, would you you know there is no hint on relocating?

There have been discussions on relocating but that's all they were, discussions.

I don't think RG came to the club with an intention to move, it's just one of those things that come up in conversation.

I expect the question in the survey is just to guage supporters views on the subject... which are very clearly against moving from the majority.

I sit in the FFL and really like my seat there.

I don't want to end up sitting in a **** seat at either end of the stands. Are the folk that want to move to the FFL sitting in **** seats in these stands🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    There have been discussions on relocating but that's all they were, discussions.

I don't think RG came to the club with an intention to move, it's just one of those things that come up in conversation.

I expect the question in the survey is just to guage supporters views on the subject... which are very clearly against moving from the majority.
    What would have been interesting is if they had a question about naming rights for the stadium

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    What would have been interesting is if they had a question about naming rights for the stadium
    im probably in the minority on this one but I’d be opposed.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    im probably in the minority on this one but I’d be opposed.
    It’ll happen sometime soon

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    The whole moving thing is probably just a bit of weird question and nothing more. We've just installed big TV screens and tried to sort out in house grub etc. For me it's more of a what if we got so big ER wasn't fit for us kinda question.

Which although we could have a more successful time on the pitch I can't ever imagine us needing to be relocated to a 30k plus stadium out in the East or something like some clubs down south.

I am amazed how many people think its a conspiracy though. Surprisingly a lot of tin foil hat wearers

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's potentially quite worrying.
    Not really I wouldn't have thought. Thought there were too many similar questions.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’ll happen sometime soon
    Wouldn't have a huge issue if decent money goes to the team

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

I agree - it would be naive to believe that the pros and cons of ER have not been reviewed by BK/RG - they both have commercial backgrounds and not our emotional attachments.

BK apparently had a big impact at Norwich growing non football revenue streams (concerts, exhibitions, etc), and it is guaranteed ER will have been assessed on what can be achieved....along with alternatives. Possibly one part of the jigsaw in making their decision is the survey feedback, or why bother asking the question. I made my own opinion clear on the survey on the importance of ER.

I also noted "memberships" in the questionnaire, which was written a bit vague. Also no doubt some thinking on season tickets/memberships taking place as a new membership structure at Norwich added £1m to revenue, or as their fans put it added £1m to their costs. My answer to that one on the survey was zero interest in "memberships", I consider my season ticket my year on year commitment.

Time will tell if I am just paranoid.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PolmontHibby View Post

I also noted "memberships" in the questionnaire, which was written a bit vague. Also no doubt some thinking on season tickets/memberships taking place as a new membership structure at Norwich added £1m to revenue, or as their fans put it added £1m to their costs. My answer to that one on the survey was zero interest in "memberships", I consider my season ticket my year on year commitment.

I thought that was an interesting question as well but thought it might be a good idea to raise extra funds. It obviously all boils down to circumstances etc but as someone who took the 6 month direct debit at £70 (420) for this years ST I think a rolling £40 a month would be a good option and make the total amount going to hibs a year £480.

It would never be popular raising the prices of STs to begin with but if it was inevitable I would much rather have that option than having to fork out more money over a shorter period.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by PolmontHibby View Post
    I agree - it would be naive to believe that the pros and cons of ER have not been reviewed by BK/RG - they both have commercial backgrounds and not our emotional attachments.

BK apparently had a big impact at Norwich growing non football revenue streams (concerts, exhibitions, etc), and it is guaranteed ER will have been assessed on what can be achieved....along with alternatives. Possibly one part of the jigsaw in making their decision is the survey feedback, or why bother asking the question. I made my own opinion clear on the survey on the importance of ER.

I’d be amazed if there’sa single person replying to that survey who says they’d be happy to move from Easter Rd.

It’s a complete non-starter and there is no good reason for considering it all, commercially or otherwise.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net