hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Online Fans Survey

Saw this on LinkedIn earlier. Not seen it posted anywhere else.

https://edinburgh.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9tVMHDJ1Db1ez0a

Just got an e-mail about it.
    Cougars!!!

Well I started it and then got properly fed up about halfway through! Some odd questions and phrasing and options to answer!

Very odd one about how I would feel about watching Hibs from a different home stadium 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I started it and then got properly fed up about halfway through! Some odd questions and phrasing and options to answer!

Very odd one about how I would feel about watching Hibs from a different home stadium 🙄
    Yeah thought that was a strange question.

@hibs.net private member

That started a few alarm bells ringing. Also how do you travel to the stadium? Car, train, bike, walk or supporters coach. How about a cooncil bus?

Coaching Staff
    This is the strangest fan survey I've ever started to fill in, stopped when it asked about sexual orientation 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This is the strangest fan survey I've ever started to fill in, stopped when it asked about sexual orientation 🙄
    Just had a small look at the survey - there is no compulsion to answer all the questions.

Just ignore any you do not want to answer and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    That started a few alarm bells ringing. Also how do you travel to the stadium? Car, train, bike, walk or supporters coach. How about a cooncil bus?
    Aeroplane for me but no option for that 🤣

It was definitely muted at a seminar/fans forum, what people's thoughts were on moving from ER, and it now appears in a survey by Edinburgh University.

Something not right, this has obviously been discussed internally
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It was definitely muted at a seminar/fans forum, what people's thoughts were on moving from ER, and it now appears in a survey by Edinburgh University.

Bring yersels out to Livi. It's grand here , we could do with a decent stadium. The survey even asked how attached we were to edinburgh!

Bring yersels out to Livi. It's grand here , we could do with a decent stadium. The survey even asked how attached we were to edinburgh!
    Lovely offer
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Just filled it in, skipped any personal information I didn’t want to share. I think it’s worth doing.

Hibs women already play at Livi…

Seriously though they ain’t installing new screens then moving the club !

It’s not like we are Hearts and have small pitch - less than 20,000 stadium and no chance of expanding stadium unless they spend millions and millions plus don’t forget to order seats (they still haven’t installed the escalator yet = main stand still not finished).

@hibs.net private member

That was the question that sprung out to me - watching Hibs elsewhere than ER. Told the survey where it can put that idea

That's potentially quite worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Agreed. It started alarm bells ringing for me as well. For anyone reading this from the club, don't even think about it.

If it's not at Easter Road, it's not Hibs. And if it's not Hibs, I'm not interested.

Its a strange one right enough.

I'm 100% against it but from the boards POV I can see their point in potentially looking into it. The North and South Stands aren't far off from 30 years old and both could do with a full refurb inside and out. The West is over 20 years old and needs an internal refit with the East is fine even as basic as it is. The sums don't really add up I don't think so i'm not overly concerned. Even if you got what was assuming top dollar of £50m for ER (I guess it wouldn't be as much as that), there is little to no brownfield sites in Edinburgh that we could afford to buy then to build a stadium on so it would be outside Edinburgh and surely the board aren't daft enough to move outside the city and potentially alienate half the fanbase.

I could just about accept moving but within Leith. Outside of Leith would probably be a no-no. Outside of Edinburgh and i'd 100% give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Its a strange one right enough.

I'm 100% against it but from the boards POV I can see their point in potentially looking into it. The North and South Stands aren't far off from 30 years old and both could do with a full refurb inside and out. The West is over 20 years old and needs an internal refit with the East is fine even as basic as it is. The sums don't really add up I don't think so i'm not overly concerned. Even if you got what was assuming top dollar of £50m for ER (I guess it wouldn't be as much as that), there is little to no brownfield sites in Edinburgh that we could afford to buy then to build a stadium on so it would be outside Edinburgh and surely the board aren't daft enough to move outside the city and potentially alienate half the fanbase.

I could just about accept moving but within Leith. Outside of Leith would probably be a no-no. Outside of Edinburgh and i'd 100% give it up.
    Not many sites in Leith available if you want to move..Leith Academy pitches across the road but can’t see that happening or Newhaven near the docks but rising sea levels etc couldn’t see that.

Would be cheaper knocking down ER and rebuilding on the current land probably.

I don’t use hospitality but I heard there were plans to move offices from West stand to grow hospitality.

The FF bar etc is the area needing sorted - again not sure latest but a fans bar / cafe / community cafe and safe standing would be the dream.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not really I wouldn't have thought. Thought there were too many similar questions.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

I’m glad I was not the only one.

First the good - I’m glad that Hibs are reaching out to support on the channels to run a survey. We need to learn more about the nature of our support so this effort on some levels is to be applauded.

that said some (pretty basic) flaws/ mistooks.

it’s too long.

Phrasing is confusing on some questions which could lead to potentially misleading conclusions.

Some key terms were not explained - membership scheme, fanzone, community hub iirc that’s pretty basic mistake that should have been picked up with a review / dry run ok a pilot basis.

there’s not a box to feedback on the survey itself so the authors will be in blissful ignorance of above

If you pay particular attention the questioning around belonging to Edinburgh on one hand and ER on there (and not Leith) and the mention of other stadium is an odd one.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Some very intrusive questions. Amount of money made in household, number of kids, as well as all the usual mobile and email questions.

It's just an excuse to harvest your data and sell on to faceless companies, avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    It's just an excuse to harvest your data and sell on to faceless companies, avoid.
    you did read about the bit that your data would not be passed to third parties?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    I don't believe what anyone says about parties anymore, thanks Boris 😁

I don't believe what anyone says about parties anymore, thanks Boris 😁
    you cN always tell when that flump is lying - his lips move. I think even he lies so much it must be like living in a fantasy land.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Other than explicitly stating that what assurances have we been given though? None.

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    It explicitly states that your data will not be passed onto third parties. They would therefore be in deep **** if they did so.

However... it's a loooooong questionnaire. I think that's probably more off-putting than anything else.

Have done it though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    It explicitly states that your data will not be passed onto third parties. They would therefore be in deep **** if they did so.

However... it's a loooooong questionnaire. I think that's probably more off-putting than anything else.

Have done it though.
    the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    the accusations of data harvesting are mental, and there’s some level of paranoia around the “if Hibs weren’t at Easter Rd…” questions. There are any number of reasons that question would be in there, it absolutely is not a hint that the board are considering relocating the club.
    There were lots of questions around "if Hibs werent at Easter Road" which made me think this was something being looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    There were lots of questions around "if Hibs werent at Easter Road" which made me think this was something being looked into.
    I’m sure I read on twitter that this question was to understand fans attachment to Easter Road itself.

I hope that’s why it’s there anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk