hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was definitely muted at a seminar/fans forum, what people's thoughts were on moving from ER, and it now appears in a survey by Edinburgh University.

Something not right, this has obviously been discussed internally
    Hibs women already play at Livi…

Seriously though they ain’t installing new screens then moving the club !

It’s not like we are Hearts and have small pitch - less than 20,000 stadium and no chance of expanding stadium unless they spend millions and millions plus don’t forget to order seats (they still haven’t installed the escalator yet = main stand still not finished).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I started it, when it starts to ask for mobile numbers etc, that’s when I stop

When you get asked that on a website/app and don't want to give your real number, Just put in 07111111111

That's normally accepted and doesn't exist in the real world.

Very easy to skip past questions that you don't want to answer.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Very easy to skip past questions that you don't want to answer.
    I stopped at the White British part...

If it had a white Scottish part I may have continued, but was already very uncomfortable at that point.

Data harvesting mission and I want nothing to do with it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It was definitely muted at a seminar/fans forum, what people's thoughts were on moving from ER, and it now appears in a survey by Edinburgh University.

Something not right, this has obviously been discussed internally
    That was the question that sprung out to me - watching Hibs elsewhere than ER. Told the survey where it can put that idea

I get the comments skip the questions you don’t want to answer but frankly there are lots of really impertinent and irrelevant questions. The concept is engaging with fans is a good one. These questions are not. Concerned and unimpressed the the management should indulge in such nonsense.

A better questionnaire would have examined why there has been such a slump in our gates. Cup final win wearing off, mediocrity, too expensive, out the habit due to lockdown, scared of covid. What’s the reason and what might encourage you back?

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    I get the comments skip the questions you don’t want to answer but frankly there are lots of really impertinent and irrelevant questions. The concept is engaging with fans is a good one. These questions are not. Concerned and unimpressed the the management should indulge in such nonsense.
    Presumably the club are not going to be able to sell it to data analysis companies unless they ask lots of questions and have lots of answers.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    A better questionnaire would have examined why there has been such a slump in our gates. Cup final win wearing off, mediocrity, too expensive, out the habit due to lockdown, scared of covid. What’s the reason and what might encourage you back?
    Cup final win was nearly 6 years ago.

'S' Form
    I don't usually post but like many I found the survey rather strange and I passed (like many) on a lot of questions.

Very intrusive questions which appeared to serve no purpose.

Liked another comment is not relevant that you travel to Easter Road by LRT!

To me it felt a bit amateurish and surprised that the Club did not try to complete the survey before approving it for release before allowing it to go alive.

I do hope the club read all the comments in this post as the are all very reasonable.

Never found the survey bad at all.

The income one can be directly measured against ticket prices and price of merchandise in store and the kiosks in the stadium. However I appreciate a certain wage for one person isn’t the same for the next guy.

I think there was lots of questions in there however the wording/answers you were able to give didn’t always match up.

The main things I tried to get across were;

Prices per game are ok and in line with most of the league - you also need to keep value for money for the season ticket holders or it’s pointless buying.

Stadium improvements are appreciated and so is the effort to get a better match day experience however this ultimately comes down to the team and style of play.

A couple of suggestions were moving the singing section to the Famous Five lower which could also be part standing. Any potential new chants/songs that the club think are good they can post a non cringey hint at the song on social media, therefore when the song is played in the ground everyone knows what it’s in relation to and it will start a song etc. Example when they tweet about Boyle being a Starman, Magennis is the best on earth or We’ve got McGinn.

Fan engagement wise I think the quantity is good although would sometimes like more photos/videos of them training - nothing too intrusive though. Also the Twitter page can be a bit cringey at times with some of its posts.

Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post

If it had a white Scottish part I may have continued, but was already very uncomfortable at that point.

Or maybe they’re genuinely looking for feedback, not everything is some mad conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post

Exactly my thoughts as well.

The data harvesting was subtle but the "White British" was right in your face but neither sits at all right with me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Well I started it and then got properly fed up about halfway through! Some odd questions and phrasing and options to answer!

Very odd one about how I would feel about watching Hibs from a different home stadium 🙄

I’m glad I was not the only one.

First the good - I’m glad that Hibs are reaching out to support on the channels to run a survey. We need to learn more about the nature of our support so this effort on some levels is to be applauded.

that said some (pretty basic) flaws/ mistooks.

it’s too long.

Phrasing is confusing on some questions which could lead to potentially misleading conclusions.

Some key terms were not explained - membership scheme, fanzone, community hub iirc that’s pretty basic mistake that should have been picked up with a review / dry run ok a pilot basis.

there’s not a box to feedback on the survey itself so the authors will be in blissful ignorance of above

If you pay particular attention the questioning around belonging to Edinburgh on one hand and ER on there (and not Leith) and the mention of other stadium is an odd one.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I am almost finished the survey.

Some of the questions are weird but they offer answers to them like the one about playing away from ER, I selected the most negative answer there was and conversely what ER meant to me I answered the highest available.

There is a lot of concern about the cash question, to me it’s the same as any academic survey I’ve taken, a matter of demographics.

But in this instance it may help them understand why folk aren’t turning up due to prices.

I never felt it was intrusive.

Just pass over it if you feel it is because there is a lot of opportunity to offer up ideas as to what the club is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Do you know if the club are exploring FF lower safe standing for next season?

Would be a game changer for the ER experience.

Also as a gold season ticket holder I really don’t see the current benefits compared to other pricing except a slightly more central seat - but people moving each game to better seats as loads of empty seats.
    No changes to the stadium configuration for next season. Any change would need proper consultations and various impact assessments (there’s lots of points to consider).

Club is aware of the topic - from before and now. This survey will only help in areas such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    No changes to the stadium configuration for next season. Any change would need proper consultations and various impact assessments (there’s lots of points to consider).

Club is aware of the topic - from before and now. This survey will only help in areas such as that.
    Disappointing. Fans have been talking about it for years. The F5 lower will remain empty for the foreseeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Disappointing. Fans have been talking about it for years. The F5 lower will remain empty for the foreseeable.
    Agreed. Kicking the can down the road springs to mind.

It's not as if this is a new discussion point.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    It's just an excuse to harvest your data and sell on to faceless companies, avoid.
    you did read about the bit that your data would not be passed to third parties?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    I don't believe what anyone says about parties anymore, thanks Boris 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I don't believe what anyone says about parties anymore, thanks Boris 😁
    you cN always tell when that flump is lying - his lips move. I think even he lies so much it must be like living in a fantasy land.

I'm not surprised to hear that. The club have been playing lip service to the idea of standing areas for years.

Someone from the club will come out and speak on it briefly over the next few months, probably Ben I'd imagine, it'll be something along the lines of 'we are listening and consulting with fans and want the best fan experience blah blah blah'. Then we'll start next season with the famous five lower 70% empty for about the 15th season in a row.

Thanks for the reply.

That’s REALLY disappointing to hear - I actually had some hope that Ron and Ben would look to improve the stadium atmosphere / fan experience.

Ben mentioned / answered a question about it in the Hibs.net podcast (before Jack Ross was sacked ) saying nothing was off the table. Feels like lip service.

There will 100% be a drop in ST sales next season if the club don’t improve what’s on offer just now for the experience. Surely they are aware of that.

With ST information usually released in April they still have plenty time to consult and make a change surely ?

Regarding the questionnaire - feels like an Edinburgh Uni student put it together for a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's potentially quite worrying.
    Its a strange one right enough.

I'm 100% against it but from the boards POV I can see their point in potentially looking into it. The North and South Stands aren't far off from 30 years old and both could do with a full refurb inside and out. The West is over 20 years old and needs an internal refit with the East is fine even as basic as it is. The sums don't really add up I don't think so i'm not overly concerned. Even if you got what was assuming top dollar of £50m for ER (I guess it wouldn't be as much as that), there is little to no brownfield sites in Edinburgh that we could afford to buy then to build a stadium on so it would be outside Edinburgh and surely the board aren't daft enough to move outside the city and potentially alienate half the fanbase.

I could just about accept moving but within Leith. Outside of Leith would probably be a no-no. Outside of Edinburgh and i'd 100% give it up.

Really disappointed with that. The FFL is a real problem area and looks terrible even in the big games.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    Other than explicitly stating that what assurances have we been given though? None.

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    This thread is absolute gold-dust 🤣

Nobody is forcing you to fill out the forms or answer those questions. Why would Hibs not want to understand the make up/demographic of their support better?

No issue saying I’m white British, given we literally live in Britain.
    Last edited by The Spaceman; 22-01-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Its a strange one right enough.

I'm 100% against it but from the boards POV I can see their point in potentially looking into it. The North and South Stands aren't far off from 30 years old and both could do with a full refurb inside and out. The West is over 20 years old and needs an internal refit with the East is fine even as basic as it is. The sums don't really add up I don't think so i'm not overly concerned. Even if you got what was assuming top dollar of £50m for ER (I guess it wouldn't be as much as that), there is little to no brownfield sites in Edinburgh that we could afford to buy then to build a stadium on so it would be outside Edinburgh and surely the board aren't daft enough to move outside the city and potentially alienate half the fanbase.

I could just about accept moving but within Leith. Outside of Leith would probably be a no-no. Outside of Edinburgh and i'd 100% give it up.
    Not many sites in Leith available if you want to move..Leith Academy pitches across the road but can’t see that happening or Newhaven near the docks but rising sea levels etc couldn’t see that.

Would be cheaper knocking down ER and rebuilding on the current land probably.

I don’t use hospitality but I heard there were plans to move offices from West stand to grow hospitality.

The FF bar etc is the area needing sorted - again not sure latest but a fans bar / cafe / community cafe and safe standing would be the dream.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

"need proper consultations" - Something like including in a fan survey perhaps?

"This survey will only help in areas such as that." - Deciding to relocate the stadium seems to be a bigger priority for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    "need proper consultations" - Something like including in a fan survey perhaps?

"This survey will only help in areas such as that." - Deciding to relocate the stadium seems to be a bigger priority for the club.
    The survey didn't ask where we sit, and I don't think my opinion from the West Upper should determine whether someone else loses their current seat.

A proper consultation would need to be with those directly affected who would lose their seats in the FFL, with a majority being willing to move. That may involve some incentive such as transferring the kids prices to the Bronze areas of the East.

Ideally it should also involve getting commitments from those willing to move to FFL to ensure that there will be a reasonable number there to make the change worthwhile. Making the FFL into a safe standing area that is 25% full would look worse than having it half empty.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.