hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why was McGregor not given a retrospective red card?
    Something about a goat I heard. Sat on it apparently.....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I always thought after reading Freakonomics that the award winning Economist (Levitt) who writes about stats proving cheating in sumo wrestling, that he should do something for Scottish Football. Turns out that if you have the letters R-A-N-G-E-R-S in your name then the probability of you cheating is 1.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Please just form a breakaway league.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Of two. Never felt more than this year after the media treatment of the aftermath of the final that the others are simply there to make up the numbers so the narratives can exclusively focus on the uglies.In a somewhat more of a level playing field in the woman’s game it’s interesting to note Dean Gibsons comments calling out the disparity in focus in the coverage of what is a competitive league. Trying to get a stranglehold on it as it develops.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

See some ex Rangers players upset with Scott Brown's antics against their beloved club. He seems to love to wind them up

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    See some ex Rangers players upset with Scott Brown's antics against their beloved club. He seems to love to wind them up
    Did you see it? Absolutely outstanding by Scott Brown

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Did you see it? Absolutely outstanding by Scott Brown
    Yes watched the game,in the words of Jonesie in Dad's Army they don't like it up em.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    A Rangers red card deserves to be celebrated as it doesn't happen very often. Well done Broony

BREAKING! Kevin Clancy AXED as Rangers row referee misses out on full Scottish Premiership card

https://t.co/E1h7UB4vh7 https://t.co/Ac88M2qc1K

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    They even managed to get a penalty against our women's team today!!!

Disgusting 🤬 corrupt *****

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    BREAKING! Kevin Clancy AXED as Rangers row referee misses out on full Scottish Premiership card

He was never due to be refereeing next week. Nothings changed after Tuesdays game.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post

More deflection to ensure that their moronic fans aren't talking about their lack of activity in this transfer window.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He was never due to be refereeing next week. Nothings changed after Tuesdays game.
    He was ref at Kelty v St Johnstone yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He was ref at Kelty v St Johnstone yesterday
    Yup, the referee appointments were out for next week before Tuesdays game. It’s sensationalist nonsense. We have more refs than top flight games. Says he’s been axed and has an article all centred around who has been picked rather than any quotes to quantify why he may have been ‘axed’.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    After all these years you really shouldn’t still be getting upset about how the F they get away with dictating how refereeing has gone & how they are wanting it to go. But after all these years it just cements how much the SFA from glesgae favour this team. Seriously, THEY call a meeting, w/out other team in game, w/out other teams in league, cos THEY don’t like a game they’ve been in, & they’re allowed it? Should be getting disciplined back into next week! That’s what a real association would do! But the SFA are h#ns & tics: After all these years I should be used to it! But I ain’t!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    No, what we need to do is take control of our own league.

Members on league manage committee should demanding answers of why one club can get a sit down with officials. Any club with a gripe against some refereeing decision should request similar treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    No, what we need to do is take control of our own league.

Members on league manage committee should demanding answers of why one club can get a sit down with officials. Any club with a gripe against some refereeing decision should request similar treatment.
    Every club does have that treatment. People need to stop reading headlines and jumping to conclusions. It’s obviously been leaked to add pressure but it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Celtic chairman stated at their AGM that they have phone calls every week about decisions.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Every club does have that treatment. People need to stop reading headlines and jumping to conclusions. It’s obviously been leaked to add pressure but it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Celtic chairman stated at their AGM that they have phone calls every week about decisions.
    Please you & your favouritism for sevco, go somewhere else. Defending sevco against accusations of favouritism in they’re favour, are ye? Yeah, that is laughable, that’ll be the sevco & the entity who dodged tax to pay players more to play for them to beat Hibs & more in leagues & cups for more than a decade, & who now get more pens for less against etc as it has long time corruptly been, you I am calling out- say it again- nothing out of the ordinary where 2 X favoured glasgow teams are favoured over Hibs?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Please you & your favouritism for sevco, go somewhere else. Defending sevco against accusations of favouritism in they’re favour, are ye? Yeah, that is laughable, that’ll be the sevco & the entity who dodged tax to pay players more to play for them to beat Hibs & more in leagues & cups for more than a decade, & who now get more pens for less against etc as it has long time corruptly been, you I am calling out- say it again- nothing out of the ordinary where 2 X favoured glasgow teams are favoured over Hibs?
    I can’t stand the Glasgow teams but the poster you’re inexplicably having a go at has not said anything wrong.

You need to calm down if you can’t post without teeing off at someone.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Talk about high horses 😂 I replied to someone saying no one else gets the treatment of meetings after games with the SFA to discuss decisions which is just plain incorrect. Also that the ref hasn’t been axed as he was never down to referee. Facts are fairly important in stories. We all know rangers and Celtic get most decisions, it’s happened since I started going to the football and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. Won’t find me disputing that.

First Team Regular

Smile

Talk about high horses 😂 I replied to someone saying no one else gets the treatment of meetings after games with the SFA to discuss decisions which is just plain incorrect. Also that the ref hasn’t been axed as he was never down to referee. Facts are fairly important in stories. We all know rangers and Celtic get most decisions, it’s happened since I started going to the football and I can’t see it changing anytime soon. Won’t find me disputing that.
    Never let the facts get in the way of a good rumour.

Clancy did something that other officials dont and gave things against Rangers, he will have now learned from his mistake and next time will give everything in favour of them, its all about falling in line, pressure of that club is intimidating and officials cant be bothered with the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Clancy did something that other officials dont and gave things against Rangers, he will have now learned from his mistake and next time will give everything in favour of them, its all about falling in line, pressure of that club is intimidating and officials cant be bothered with the hassle.
    For about £1k per match I would hope that he would be bothered with the hassle

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    That was Paul McGinn's mistake, obviously. He should have just said in the interview after the cup final he'd be looking to 'hold talks' with the SFA, and then he'd have avoided a ban presumably.
    Joking apart, it’s an absolute scandal that Hibs are punished by way of Paul McGinn being banned for offering an opinion, while Rangers are invited in for tea and cakes for doing the same thing.

The Old Firm enjoy advantage over the rest in Scottish football in finance, match official favour and status. No sign of that changing any time soon.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Joking apart, it’s an absolute scandal that Hibs are punished by way of Paul McGinn being banned for offering an opinion, while Rangers are invited in for tea and cakes for doing the same thing.

The Old Firm enjoy advantage over the rest in Scottish football in finance, match official favour and status. No sign of that changing any time soon.
    I think that’s more to do with the rules. There is a specific rule relating to players/officials questioning the competence or integrity of the match officials, which McGinn clearly breached and so from that perspective his punishment was justified.

I don’t think Rangers having a meeting with the SPFL/SFA (whichever one it was) to discuss decisions the referee made is the same, technically.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Rangers claiming the penalty should be retaken because the ball had moved.

They should be asked if they would have been happy for a retake if Aberdeen had missed ?

Another point, when the kick is being taken, the ref has to watch for encroachment into the penalty box , and the linesman job is to watch for goalkeepers staying on their line.

Nobody is is staring at the ball.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think that’s more to do with the rules. There is a specific rule relating to players/officials questioning the competence or integrity of the match officials, which McGinn clearly breached and so from that perspective his punishment was justified.

I don’t think Rangers having a meeting with the SPFL/SFA (whichever one it was) to discuss decisions the referee made is the same, technically.
    Both were offering their displeasure - don’t really see what the difference is. Depends who the complainant is of course.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Fair enough but what about when Slippy G had a go at Porto on various occasions. If memory serves me right he said that he should have been sent off after one game. Surely that is being critical of the referee?

Or how about a retrospective red card for McGregor last week?

Or when Celtic only had 2 fouls given against them in a game against us?

Or how Sevco only got a penalty against them in the league last season after they had won the thing?

Or how they have their own ends at Hampden?

I could go on but I think what gets on a lot of fans nerves is the special treatment that they both get, both on and off the pitch.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    I still can't understand why this is allowed. Why are Der Hun allowed to dictate whether a referee is competent enough to be selected to officiate a game? Or am I missing something?

I'm amazed at the lack of outrage from the rest of the SPFL. The rest of the clubs should get together and decide as one to not play Der Hun. Like literally just refuse to play them.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk