hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Music that changed you

Music has always been a huge part of my life but there’s only ever been 1 moment in my life when I just stood back and thought wow. For me it was at the Calton Studios in the mid 90s, it was a pretty normal club night and I was there as I was was most weeks and a band called Force Mass Motion came on and played this to finish.

https://youtu.be/f2yj5jlUGro
    obviously that will mean nothing to most people, but I’m sure many of you have had similar expiriences.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Listening to Dick Gaughan introduced me to many people who have helped shape the person I am.
    Thomas Paine, Thomas Muir, John Muir and numerous others were brought to my attention by Dick and the general left wing slant of much of his music resonates so much today.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was pretty much an indie guitar kid with a side love of depeche mode & heaven 17..That kinda changed when i stumbled upon underworld playing born slippy at t in the park i think in 92?? Completely blown away and took me down an electronics/dance/techno route from there

House music changed my whole life.

Met so many people from all over the UK at Raves. Some who I'm still friends with today.

Jazz. I never used to bother apart from old trad stuff and blues.
    About twenty years ago I heard Miles Davis and Dave Brubeck albums and this opened up new horizons.

Outlaw/traditional country and Americana. It’s the best you can get in my mind and made me realise that a lot of my previous favourite artists, while still good, were really a league below.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was pretty much an indie guitar kid with a side love of depeche mode & heaven 17..That kinda changed when i stumbled upon underworld playing born slippy at t in the park i think in 92?? Completely blown away and took me down an electronics/dance/techno route from there
    That was a great tune that I thought wouldn’t transfer well live, but I was wrong, it’s even better live.

United we stand here....

On way to dunfermline one day with a mate.he was picking up tickets for the pars game against celtic.late 90s. It was on the way through he played smells like teen spirit
    It blew my mind.and still does.