hibs.net Messageboard

This is how it feels (Cove Rangers 20 01 2022)

Scottish Cup ties always get the blood running quicker through the veins, especially when they are played under the lights at Easter Road. I can’t claim this was a thriller as there were several periods of play that could best be described as a hard watch but, at times, Hibs played some lovely stuff but that came in shortish bursts as opposed to longer periods of time. The game was played against the backdrop of news that Martin Boyle looks certain to leave and I’d like to take tis opportunity to wish the guy all the best and thank him for all of his efforts whilst playing for Hibs. On arrival at the club, he looked like a guy with rapier speed but little else but as the years rolled on he improved dramatically and that has earned him a move which could set him and his family up for life as well as boosting the club’s bank balance.

Back to the game – Shaun Maloney surprised a few by bringing Melker Hallberg into the team on the right side of a back three that included Hanlon and Stevenson whilst debuts were given to Euan Henderson and Chris Mueller who partnered Christian Doidge up front. Maloney correctly said of Cove that their players were not League 1 players and their manager was not a League 1 manager, the visitors arriving on the back of a fifteen game unbeaten run. It soon became evident that they protect their goal fearlessly throughout the game and indeed they defended stoutly getting everyone behind the ball when Hibs had it at the back.

The first ten minutes were uneventful and then Henderson sent a free kick high over the bar and into the empty South Stand. It was Henderson again minutes later after the lively Chris Mueller had set him up but this time the effort was blocked. Cove weren’t being seen much in attack yet but looked organised when they had the chance to break forward. Around the twenty minute mark, Mueller fired in a left footed effort, but Gourlay in the Cove goal was untroubled. Moments later, Connor Scully was booked for a crude challenge on Cadden as the Hibs man looked to break into the Cove box.

Cove left back, Harry Milne was lucky to escape a card when he lunged into a tackle on Josh Campbell, but the defender went on to have a fine game and certainly caught my eye. Chris Mueller also caught the eye with his non stop movement and good use of the ball together with a fine turn leaving his marker stranded. A fabulous Mueller cross from the left reached Doidge and the big fella was unlucky when his headed effort went the wrong side of the post.

With the half hour mark on the clock, Cove had two efforts at goal with the first from Strachan being blocked and the second from Neill forcing a save out of Matt Macey. Soon after, Doidge ran on to a loose ball and slotted it past Gourlay, but the offside flag was up. I confess that from my angle I thought the decision was correct, but I understand the goal should have stood because Doidge was onside. Prior to the half time whistle, Doidge was unlucky with an overhead kick and Doig blasted over the bar from close range. I thought the keeper got a touch and so did a few Hibs players, but referee Euan Anderson felt differently and awarded Cove a goal kick.

Neither side made any changes at the break, and it was Cove that started the better forcing a couple of corners before Megginson had a shot saved easily by Macey. Moments later, Masson tried his luck, but the effort was blocked and by now the home fans were getting pretty restless, fed up with the defence and midfield almost invariably passing the ball sideways or backwards. To freshen things up, Maloney replaced Doidge and Henderson with Nisbet, and Murphy and the new guys tried a one two, releasing Cadden but his low cross flashed across the goal with no takers.

A Nisbet shot was blocked and then Mueller made the keeper work with a low drive, Gourlay saving to his right. Hibs were pressing more now but still struggling to break down a packed defence with Mueller and Murphy both seeing efforts blocked. Into the last ten minutes, Hallberg who had done pretty well in that position gave way to Doyle-Hayes. Jake came into midfield and Josh Campbell dropped back to the right of our back three but try as they might, Hibs just couldn’t break the deadlock and boos rang around the stadium as the game went into extra time. Chris Mueller who had run himself into the ground with his non stop action was replaced by James Scott.

Cove were definitely starting to look weary by now but let’s not forget, a few of the Hibs players had played at Parkhead just a few days earlier so their muscles would be feeling it too.. There was still frustration amongst the home support with play taking an age to develop although Murphy and Doig both saw chances thwarted. To their credit, Cove did try to beak forward themselves and on a couple of occasions only the determination of Lewis Stevenson stopped them in their tracks. On one occasion, McAllister who had only come on with twenty minutes of normal time remaining, was chased and hunted down by Lewis with another Cove player in close attendance.

Half time in extra time brought a few boos but the mood lightened a bit when Nisbet fired a low shot in, but the attempt drifted just wide of the post. Five minutes later, Josh Doig, fed by Murphy, sent in a lovely low ball and Nisbet was on hand to fire it home with his left foot. I’ll be honest here – I was doubly delighted for Kevin because he’s been getting a hard time of late, plus the ‘fan’ who sits along to my left was shut up from screaming obscenities at Nisbet every time he went near the ball. I considered taking the guy to task but the bloke behind him said “That shut you up eh, ya dick” Eloquently put, I thought.

Cove had no option but to throw bodies forward and that they did when a free kick into the Hibs box reached Milne who struck the ball at goal. Macey couldn’t hold it and Megginson pounced, only to see his attempt blocked for a corner by Nisbet. As the game ended, the boos turned to cheers and extra applause was aimed at Chris Mueller when he came over to the East Stand to acknowledge the fans. The sponsors named him as their man of the match and I’m awarding him mine too.

The players

Macey – Largely untroubled but did have to make a couple of routine saves. It’s getting boring saying this, but I still feel his distribution at times is woeful.

Hallberg – Given that he’s been out injured for months and the fact that he was playing in a position that surprised us all, I reckon he put in a good shift.

Hanlon – Paul was getting pelters from some, me included on occasion as he took an age to pick out a forward pass. Now some will argue that he can’t pass forward if nobody shows for the ball but on umpteen occasions tonight, Newell, Campbell and Mueller did just that. I remarked that if that had been Ryan, he’d have broken forward into the space created by the movement of his team mates. It was his birthday today and Euan Anderson marked the occasion by giving him a card.

Stevenson – On the left of the three, Lewis looked pretty comfortable and, in my view, put in the sort of performance he has always been capable of.

Cadden – Chris worked so, so hard down our right side and put a few very good crosses into the danger area. He is tireless and was still going at full pelt in extra time.

Campbell – Josh didn’t really catch the eye for anything worthy of mention, but he is another who will run until his legs drop off. Given that the manager wants his players to be non stop that’s not a bad attribute to have.

Newell – The go too man for our back three, Joe is generally always available and there’s some fans, me included at times, who get fed up with his sideways and backwards passes but at least it means we retain possession.

Doig – A few barnstorming runs down the left the laddie has huge amounts of energy to burn. I couldn’t believe my eyes during extra time when he kept popping up in the centre forward position!

Henderson – A quiet debut from Euan and I think maybe the strength and fitness coaches need to have him working on not getting easily shoved aside by opponents.

Mueller – I was stunned and delighted at just how well Chris played. Only a few days ago somebody reckoned he was miles off it in a bounce game. If that’s him miles off it, I can’t wait to see him when he is on it.

Doidge – It was good to see the big fella back in the saddle and he put in a great shift I thought. Unlucky with a couple of decent attempts tonight and if he was indeed onside when he ‘scored’ his bad luck just multiplied.

Murphy – Critical role in setting up the goal I actually thought he’d injured himself again as he stretched to pass the ball to Doig. Seemed ok at the end though.

Nisbet – This was anything but a ‘lazy’ performance from Kevin who put in the yards some accuse him of not doing. On one occasion he lost the ball in the centre circle but chased the Cove player down and won back possession. Scoring the winner will do his confidence the world of good.

Doyle-Hayes – Patrols the midfield well but needs to have more confidence in his own ability when we are trying to build an attack and he slows the game down.

Scott – What I thought was a slimline James Scott tried to stay wide on the left, stretching a tiring defence and to an extent he achieved just that.

Shaun Maloney – Still very early days and as he said post-match, getting in to the next round was the important thing.

Referee – Euan Anderson frustrated the home support a few times with dodgy decisions but otherwise he had an easy time of it.
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another excellent summary JB but as good as Mueller was, I thought Cadden was MOM.

Scott has 100% lost weight.

Just needs his sharpness back and he’s a new signing.

Testimonial Due
    Thanks Jonnyboy

I thought Henderson was disappointing. Obviously well short of match sharpness. Couple of decent crosses but we need more than that. Minutes will do him good. Mueller was excellent. What a pairing him and Boyle would have been.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Great summary as usual

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Watching on telly it was difficult to see the options available to Hanlon. Defensively he had a fine game. Lewis too.

Hallberg did everything asked of him.

Strikes me that Josh Campbell isn’t any kind of attacking player. Playing deeper he looked more assured.

Saw more than enough to be excited about Henderson and Muller.

The shape was a bit crazy though, players all over the place at times. We need more cohesion and control in midfield.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Great summary. Mueller & Cadden stand outs for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks as always. Although - Captain Pernickety here - it was Henderson's cross for Doidge's close header, not Mueller's. Only mentioning it because it was a fabulous ball and I was quite impressed with Henderson in the first half hour or so, before he fell out of it a bit. Doidge should have done better with the header too.

Anyway, cheers.

Cadden did a lot of running and would certainly get pass marks but the amount of times when he gets into the last 3rd he always stops and then looks to do down the line. Their fullback new this all the time and blocked a number of the crosses. He needs to learn to mix it up and rather than heading for the byline all the time occassionally just straighten up, he did it once towards the end of full time/start of extra time and completely fooled the fullback and was then in the box where it provides for a pass, shot or draw the foul.

Cadden as always up and down that right side with some really good inviting balls in the boss.

Henderson looked a little off it first 5/10 minutes but grew into the game.

Mueller motm deserved.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thanks for posting Jonnyboy

Was pleasantly surprised at how good Mueller was for someone reportedly so ‘off the pace’

Chris Cadden would be some player if he would only ‘look up’

Christian Doidge could easily have had two

Been said one hundred times before but the standard of refereeing in Scotland is absolutely shocking

Lost count of the number of games I have been to where the Ref spoils the game

Do we pay these people?

Pleased for Kevin Nisbet hopefully he kicks on now put in a good shift

Credit to Cove Rangers who played well stuck to their game plan and it almost paid off

Brilliant report as always
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 21-01-2022 at 08:01 AM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for posting Jonnyboy

Was pleasantly surprised at how good Mueller was for someone reportedly so ‘off the pace’

Chris Cadden would be some player if he would only ‘look up’

Christian Doidge could easily have had two

Been said one hundred times before but the standard of refereeing in Scotland is absolutely shocking

Do we pay these people?

Pleased for Kevin Nisbet hopefully he kicks on now put in a good shift

Credit to Cove Rangers who played well stuck to their game plan and it almost paid off

Brilliant report as always
    He would some player if there was someone to get on the end of his crosses you mean?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    He would some player if there was someone to get on the end of his crosses you mean?
    Cadden was very good but (and this is being hyper-critical) his crosses were just fired into the zone a bit in hope that someone would get on the end of it.
    But if he could get into these positions and deliver every cross from the bye-line accurately to a team-mate he'd not be at Hibs.
    Mind, same can be said of Doig's ball to Nisbet for the goal - fired into the danger zone but this time, fortunately, with a Hibs player on the end of it.

Naw just look up and pick out a man rather than hit the ball over more in hope than expectation in the hurly burly of the moment

The one time he did cut the ball back there was no one there

Just look up!

As another poster pointed out if he did he wouldn’t be at HIBS

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    I don't think we played as badly as many are suggesting. One thing is for sure though, we completely lack drive, directness and creativity in the middle of the park and we don't have any pace up front now that Boyle has gone. Getting Magennis back in the team would provide a better balance in midfield, but there must be a question mark over his fitness sadly. If that's the case, we need to get someone in before the transfer window shuts.

I thought there were signs last night that Doig is regaining his form. His fitness in extra time was impressive. Cadden is a very decent wing back and his work rate is top drawer. I was also impressed with Newell last night who also put in a shift.

Maloney is clearly trying to play a possession based style of football, building from the back. Happy with that style, but for it to be effective you have to have players who can provide a cutting edge at the top of the park. We don't have that, so we continually pass the ball sideways or backwards. Our only creativity at the moment is coming from our wingbacks.

The players are still adapting to Maloney’s methods and we are bedding in some new guys, bringing guys back from long term injuries and have been hit by suspensions & more injuries (what’s the news on Rocky B?).
    We need more drive from the middle of the park, we need to zip the ball forward much quicker and we need more bodies in the box when we do get up the pitch.
    Mueller looks promising and Hallberg strolled it, flashes of the old Doidge too. Good shifts from Doig, who could have scored two, and Cadden. Only really noticed Campbell in extra time when his fitness was a factor. Valuable minutes for Henderson and Scott.
    Lots of room for improvement but in the hat…

There was an example last night in the first half where Mueller had a nice bit of play and released Cadden on the right. Cadden was at this point the furthest advanced player and he steamed on before knocking a cross into the box. It was absolutely obvious that nobody could get on the end of it as nobody had a chance to catch up - total lack of awareness from Cadden when a cut back would have found Mueller in space.

He does it far too often IMO. He needs to improve his awareness and only knock the "hopeful" ones in when it's clear that we have bodies in the box. Then we'll have a real asset.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Do we pay these people?
    No, the Huns do.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    No, the Huns do.
    And the smellies lost count of the number of offside goals they get that are never questioned their goal against Hearts being a prime example

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Scottish Cup ties always get the blood running quicker through the veins, especially when they are played under the lights at Easter Road. I can’t claim this was a thriller as there were several periods of play that could best be described as a hard watch but, at times, Hibs played some lovely stuff but that came in shortish bursts as opposed to longer periods of time. The game was played against the backdrop of news that Martin Boyle looks certain to leave and I’d like to take tis opportunity to wish the guy all the best and thank him for all of his efforts whilst playing for Hibs. On arrival at the club, he looked like a guy with rapier speed but little else but as the years rolled on he improved dramatically and that has earned him a move which could set him and his family up for life as well as boosting the club’s bank balance.

Back to the game – Shaun Maloney surprised a few by bringing Melker Hallberg into the team on the right side of a back three that included Hanlon and Stevenson whilst debuts were given to Euan Henderson and Chris Mueller who partnered Christian Doidge up front. Maloney correctly said of Cove that their players were not League 1 players and their manager was not a League 1 manager, the visitors arriving on the back of a fifteen game unbeaten run. It soon became evident that they protect their goal fearlessly throughout the game and indeed they defended stoutly getting everyone behind the ball when Hibs had it at the back.

The first ten minutes were uneventful and then Henderson sent a free kick high over the bar and into the empty South Stand. It was Henderson again minutes later after the lively Chris Mueller had set him up but this time the effort was blocked. Cove weren’t being seen much in attack yet but looked organised when they had the chance to break forward. Around the twenty minute mark, Mueller fired in a left footed effort, but Gourlay in the Cove goal was untroubled. Moments later, Connor Scully was booked for a crude challenge on Cadden as the Hibs man looked to break into the Cove box.

Cove left back, Harry Milne was lucky to escape a card when he lunged into a tackle on Josh Campbell, but the defender went on to have a fine game and certainly caught my eye. Chris Mueller also caught the eye with his non stop movement and good use of the ball together with a fine turn leaving his marker stranded. A fabulous Mueller cross from the left reached Doidge and the big fella was unlucky when his headed effort went the wrong side of the post.

With the half hour mark on the clock, Cove had two efforts at goal with the first from Strachan being blocked and the second from Neill forcing a save out of Matt Macey. Soon after, Doidge ran on to a loose ball and slotted it past Gourlay, but the offside flag was up. I confess that from my angle I thought the decision was correct, but I understand the goal should have stood because Doidge was onside. Prior to the half time whistle, Doidge was unlucky with an overhead kick and Doig blasted over the bar from close range. I thought the keeper got a touch and so did a few Hibs players, but referee Euan Anderson felt differently and awarded Cove a goal kick.

Neither side made any changes at the break, and it was Cove that started the better forcing a couple of corners before Megginson had a shot saved easily by Macey. Moments later, Masson tried his luck, but the effort was blocked and by now the home fans were getting pretty restless, fed up with the defence and midfield almost invariably passing the ball sideways or backwards. To freshen things up, Maloney replaced Doidge and Henderson with Nisbet, and Murphy and the new guys tried a one two, releasing Cadden but his low cross flashed across the goal with no takers.

A Nisbet shot was blocked and then Mueller made the keeper work with a low drive, Gourlay saving to his right. Hibs were pressing more now but still struggling to break down a packed defence with Mueller and Murphy both seeing efforts blocked. Into the last ten minutes, Hallberg who had done pretty well in that position gave way to Doyle-Hayes. Jake came into midfield and Josh Campbell dropped back to the right of our back three but try as they might, Hibs just couldn’t break the deadlock and boos rang around the stadium as the game went into extra time. Chris Mueller who had run himself into the ground with his non stop action was replaced by James Scott.

Cove were definitely starting to look weary by now but let’s not forget, a few of the Hibs players had played at Parkhead just a few days earlier so their muscles would be feeling it too.. There was still frustration amongst the home support with play taking an age to develop although Murphy and Doig both saw chances thwarted. To their credit, Cove did try to beak forward themselves and on a couple of occasions only the determination of Lewis Stevenson stopped them in their tracks. On one occasion, McAllister who had only come on with twenty minutes of normal time remaining, was chased and hunted down by Lewis with another Cove player in close attendance.

Half time in extra time brought a few boos but the mood lightened a bit when Nisbet fired a low shot in, but the attempt drifted just wide of the post. Five minutes later, Josh Doig, fed by Murphy, sent in a lovely low ball and Nisbet was on hand to fire it home with his left foot. I’ll be honest here – I was doubly delighted for Kevin because he’s been getting a hard time of late, plus the ‘fan’ who sits along to my left was shut up from screaming obscenities at Nisbet every time he went near the ball. I considered taking the guy to task but the bloke behind him said “That shut you up eh, ya dick” Eloquently put, I thought.

Cove had no option but to throw bodies forward and that they did when a free kick into the Hibs box reached Milne who struck the ball at goal. Macey couldn’t hold it and Megginson pounced, only to see his attempt blocked for a corner by Nisbet. As the game ended, the boos turned to cheers and extra applause was aimed at Chris Mueller when he came over to the East Stand to acknowledge the fans. The sponsors named him as their man of the match and I’m awarding him mine too.

The players

Macey – Largely untroubled but did have to make a couple of routine saves. It’s getting boring saying this, but I still feel his distribution at times is woeful.

Hallberg – Given that he’s been out injured for months and the fact that he was playing in a position that surprised us all, I reckon he put in a good shift.

Hanlon – Paul was getting pelters from some, me included on occasion as he took an age to pick out a forward pass. Now some will argue that he can’t pass forward if nobody shows for the ball but on umpteen occasions tonight, Newell, Campbell and Mueller did just that. I remarked that if that had been Ryan, he’d have broken forward into the space created by the movement of his team mates. It was his birthday today and Euan Anderson marked the occasion by giving him a card.

Stevenson – On the left of the three, Lewis looked pretty comfortable and, in my view, put in the sort of performance he has always been capable of.

Cadden – Chris worked so, so hard down our right side and put a few very good crosses into the danger area. He is tireless and was still going at full pelt in extra time.

Campbell – Josh didn’t really catch the eye for anything worthy of mention, but he is another who will run until his legs drop off. Given that the manager wants his players to be non stop that’s not a bad attribute to have.

Newell – The go too man for our back three, Joe is generally always available and there’s some fans, me included at times, who get fed up with his sideways and backwards passes but at least it means we retain possession.

Doig – A few barnstorming runs down the left the laddie has huge amounts of energy to burn. I couldn’t believe my eyes during extra time when he kept popping up in the centre forward position!

Henderson – A quiet debut from Euan and I think maybe the strength and fitness coaches need to have him working on not getting easily shoved aside by opponents.

Mueller – I was stunned and delighted at just how well Chris played. Only a few days ago somebody reckoned he was miles off it in a bounce game. If that’s him miles off it, I can’t wait to see him when he is on it.

Doidge – It was good to see the big fella back in the saddle and he put in a great shift I thought. Unlucky with a couple of decent attempts tonight and if he was indeed onside when he ‘scored’ his bad luck just multiplied.

Murphy – Critical role in setting up the goal I actually thought he’d injured himself again as he stretched to pass the ball to Doig. Seemed ok at the end though.

Nisbet – This was anything but a ‘lazy’ performance from Kevin who put in the yards some accuse him of not doing. On one occasion he lost the ball in the centre circle but chased the Cove player down and won back possession. Scoring the winner will do his confidence the world of good.

Doyle-Hayes – Patrols the midfield well but needs to have more confidence in his own ability when we are trying to build an attack and he slows the game down.

Scott – What I thought was a slimline James Scott tried to stay wide on the left, stretching a tiring defence and to an extent he achieved just that.

Shaun Maloney – Still very early days and as he said post-match, getting in to the next round was the important thing.

Referee – Euan Anderson frustrated the home support a few times with dodgy decisions but otherwise he had an easy time of it.

excellent summary Lewis, Cadden Doig n Mueller best for me, a game to forget and not quite a Brora Rangers disaster!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    There was an example last night in the first half where Mueller had a nice bit of play and released Cadden on the right. Cadden was at this point the furthest advanced player and he steamed on before knocking a cross into the box. It was absolutely obvious that nobody could get on the end of it as nobody had a chance to catch up - total lack of awareness from Cadden when a cut back would have found Mueller in space.

He does it far too often IMO. He needs to improve his awareness and only knock the "hopeful" ones in when it's clear that we have bodies in the box. Then we'll have a real asset.
    There was a debate on MOTD a few years ago about I think Aaron Lennon and the way he put the ball in from wide areas. He had a knack - like Cadden does - for getting the ball in to a particular area of the box. The overwhelming feeling from the panel was the it should be the strikers priority to get in to the areas Lennon was going to put the ball, and not Lennons responsibility necessarily to pick the striker out, which would be much more difficult and easier to defend against.

There has to be a balance obviously - and yes I agree Cadden should be looking to mix it up and try to pick players out, but how many times did the ball get played across the face of the goal and would have been a tap in for someone?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough
    Exactly this for me. Cadden and Doig, to a lesser extent, put in some great crosses but the forwards were not anticipating where they would go.

Cadden and Doig both put numerous good balls in last night that nobody got close to. Forwards and midfielders need to show much more desire to get in there, Nisbet even mentioned this after the game.

There will be occasions where he could look up perhaps but the delivery from wide was generally good last night. Even going back to Monday he had a couple of really good pick outs that Nisbet made a complete mess of them.

Cadden/Doig are going to be a big part of what we’re doing under Maloney, think there has been promising signs since he came in that they’ll both contribute goals and assists.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Cadden and Doig both put numerous good balls in last night that nobody got close to. Forwards and midfielders need to show much more desire to get in there, Nisbet even mentioned this after the game.

There will be occasions where he could look up perhaps but the delivery from wide was generally good last night. Even going back to Monday he had a couple of really good pick outs that Nisbet made a complete mess of them.

Cadden/Doig are going to be a big part of what we’re doing under Maloney, think there has been promising signs since he came in that they’ll both contribute goals and assists.
    I completely agree with your first and last paragraphs (and most of Jones28 post earlier). Both Cadden and Doig are flourishing in the wing back roles under Maloney.

I just think Cadden is often guilty of pinging them in to an area when it's clear there are no takers. He can vary it and lift his head more.

I completely agree with your first and last paragraphs (and most of Jones28 post earlier). Both Cadden and Doig are flourishing in the wing back roles under Maloney.

I just think Cadden is often guilty of pinging them in to an area when it's clear there are no takers. He can vary it and lift his head more.

This

Agree re Caddens crossing.

He always fizzes it right across the goal and whilst it looks brilliant there’s very rarely a striker there or one able to get there quick enough to meet the cross.

I remember Boyle used to do this alot and then added some composure and lifted his head, hopefully Cadden can do this too.

For Caddens own sake too, his numbers should be much higher with the positions he gets into so getting more assists would be a good boost for him and get him more recognition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

I'm with you on this. There were at least 3 occasions where we were robbed of a tap in by a last gasp desperate challenge. If we get more people racing into box and 6 yard area we could score plenty.