hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: permits?

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83

permits?

Melkerson?

Any word on this lad? is he injured? has his permit been granted?
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Melkerson?

Any word on this lad? is he injured? has his permit been granted?
    Apparently injured in a bounce game. Some saying he was stretchered off, some saying he walked off. No idea about his permit status.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Oh jeez, hope not.

Any ITK people know?

I guess the permit stuff is anyone's guess.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Apparently injured in a bounce game. Some saying he was stretchered off, some saying he walked off. No idea about his permit status.
    Was it not Clarke who got injured in the bounce game

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    No melkerson

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    Melkerson yesterday.

I think that Clarke got injured in training.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Melkerson yesterday.

I think that Clarke got injured in training.
    If the melkersen news is correct I think it would mean both were injured in separate bounce games.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    If the melkersen news is correct I think it would mean both were injured in separate bounce games.
    I see. Very important information

Genuinely could not make this up! 😂

I'm only laughing because the alternative is to start crying uncontrollably!

Surely Melkerson couldn’t play until his permit had come through?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Has played in the 2 bounce games

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Probably in matches that doesn't require his registration.

How the fk is it taking so long to get the boy registered anyway? It's been 3 weeks since he signed for a substantial transfer fee.

What happens if his permit is rejected? Loan him out to somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    Probably in matches that doesn't require his registration.

How the fk is it taking so long to get the boy registered anyway? It's been 3 weeks since he signed for a substantial transfer fee.

What happens if his permit is rejected? Loan him out to somewhere else?
    Unless it has been granted and we were going to make some kind of announcement until he ended up injured

Left by mutual consent!
    Unless it has been granted and we were going to make some kind of announcement until he ended up injured
    It would be nice to announce the news regardless even if it's coupled with the injury.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Surely we must have had a high degree of confidence that he’d get a work permit before signing him.

Did hibs not say last week there was a chance it might come through for the Motherwell game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Dundee get clearance for some Canadian dude.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Did hibs not say last week there was a chance it might come through for the Motherwell game
    They said there had been some progress and there was an 'outside chance' of getting it through in time for the Cove game, which suggests a good chance of getting it in time for Motherwell.

It would be nice to announce the news regardless even if it's coupled with the injury.
    I agree

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Dundee get clearance for some Canadian dude.
    Think he’s a Canadian international though?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Think he’s a Canadian international though?
    Fair enough. Still went through right away.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Does the SFA/SPFL have any input into the work permit application process ?

I think that's the point though, it's a points based application and if you are a full international with a certain percentage of appearances for the national team then you automatically get a work permit.

Melkersen isn't a full international and has been playing lower division football, so as far as I can tell he'll be struggling to get any points against the criteria.

Hibs then have to apply for special dispensation, which I assume requires a lot more work.

On the injury front, I've heard it didn't look too major, just over stretched and needed to come off in the game, so hopefully that is good news.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I think that's the point though, it's a points based application and if you are a full international with a certain percentage of appearances for the national team then you automatically get a work permit.

Melkersen isn't a full international and has been playing lower division football, so as far as I can tell he'll be struggling to get any points against the criteria.

Hibs then have to apply for special dispensation, which I assume requires a lot more work.

On the injury front, I've heard it didn't look too major, just over stretched and needed to come off in the game, so hopefully that is good news.
    It doesn't seem that fair though that someone is entitled to a permit a month quicker because they have played 3 games for a much lower ranked nation. Surely the rankings of the country should be taken into consideration as well as looking to see that Haaland plays in the same position and he's the most highly rated forward on the planet.

Blog Entries
    The long delay on Melkerson suggests it’s touch and go whether he is granted a permit. Someone has said it probably takes a lot more work to deal with someone in Melkerson’s situation but, c’mon, there’s instant communication these days and surely things don’t have to be so prolonged. Does one person make the subjective decision or is it a committee? Are they power happy individuals fannying around. Surely it’s either yay or nay without this long drawn out process. A piece of nonsense in my opinion.

It doesn't seem that fair though that someone is entitled to a permit a month quicker because they have played 3 games for a much lower ranked nation. Surely the rankings of the country should be taken into consideration as well as looking to see that Haaland plays in the same position and he's the most highly rated forward on the planet.
    The rankings of international teams are taken into account.

If you've played in more than 30% of games of a top 10 ranked nation then you automatically pass the points criteria. 40% of sides ranked 11-20, 60% of sides ranked 21-30, and 70% of sides ranked 31-50. below that you only get points for above 80% of games for sides ranked 51-100, and even then it's only 2 points.

After that, there's points for club games (again based on the level of competition), previous clubs league finishing position, players previous salary, etc. Youth appearances can be taken into account but they have very few points allocated to them.

Melkersen doesn't have enough points so has to go to an exemption panel.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    The rankings of international teams are taken into account.

If you've played in more than 30% of games of a top 10 ranked nation then you automatically pass the points criteria. 40% of sides ranked 11-20, 60% of sides ranked 21-30, and 70% of sides ranked 31-50. below that you only get points for above 80% of games for sides ranked 51-100, and even then it's only 2 points.

After that, there's points for club games (again based on the level of competition), previous clubs league finishing position, players previous salary, etc. Youth appearances can be taken into account but they have very few points allocated to them.

Melkersen doesn't have enough points so has to go to an exemption panel.
    Cheers. Does transfer fee's not come into it no? Meaning someone with 10 caps for the Fareos has more chance of signing for Brechin on a free than we do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The long delay on Melkerson suggests it’s touch and go whether he is granted a permit. Someone has said it probably takes a lot more work to deal with someone in Melkerson’s situation but, c’mon, there’s instant communication these days and surely things don’t have to be so prolonged. Does one person make the subjective decision or is it a committee? Are they power happy individuals fannying around. Surely it’s either yay or nay without this long drawn out process. A piece of nonsense in my opinion.
    This is what the SFA rules say about the exceptions panel:

EXCEPTIONS PANELS
    Please note that Exceptions Panels will not be available after the Summer Transfer Window in 2021.

53. Where an application does not meet the published criteria, a club may request a panel to consider the player’s skills and experience. In these cases, The Scottish FA will refer the club’s evidence to an independent panel.

54. Where possible the club’s supporting evidence will be sent to The Scottish FA and other football bodies in advance for their consideration in order to allow an informed decision.

55. The panel will normally consist of representatives from the relevant football bodies together with up to three independent experts. The Scottish FA will endeavour to ensure there are no conflicts of interest between the independent experts and the applicant club. If the applicant club wishes to object to the involvement of any of the independent experts it must do so in writing at least 24 hours before the panel hearing explaining their reasons for the objection.

56. The panel’s terms of reference for are:
    a) to consider whether the Player, Manager, Assistant Manager, Performance Manager or Director of Football is of the highest calibre
    b) to consider whether the Player, Manager, Assistant Manager, Performance Manager or Director of Football is able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in Scotland

57. The panel will make a recommendation to The Scottish FA whose decision will then be relayed to the club. The details of the voting will not be disclosed. Each member of the Panel will provide written reasons for their own decision to the Secretary of the Panel. A positive vote is required to approve an application (e.g. 4-2, 5-1 or 6-0)

58. Full terms of reference and roles of the panel members and the club are available to attendees.

59. Clubs should note that, in respect of any application, there will only be one panel available (i.e. a panel and recommendation, followed by a decision). A club should therefore ensure that all evidence it wishes to present in support of its application is presented to the panel.

60. If the Exceptions Panel recommends to The Scottish FA that a GBE be granted, The Scottish FA will consider whether to grant a GBE (but is under no obligation to do so).
    So I assume that means that the panel will be a representative of the SFA, a representative of the SPFL and 3 independent experts.

I don't know how often they convene, and how long they normally take to make their decisions. Did we not have a similar situation when we signed Benji? I don't know how long that dragged on for.

Edit: according to the Scotsman at the time Benji was training with us for 10 weeks before his work permit was finally approved by the exemptions panel.

Interesting that the guidelines say you only get one shot at the exemptions panel, so maybe we are just making sure we have an open and shut case before making the submission.
    Last edited by Sergio sledge; 25-01-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Nothing about points based immigration rules make sense really, anyone that's been through it will tell you the same. At least he's not just a civilian or he'd probably be waiting multiple years.

Cheers. Does transfer fee's not come into it no? Meaning someone with 10 caps for the Fareos has more chance of signing for Brechin on a free than we do here?
    I don't think transfer fees are taken into account. If the Brechin were signing a player who had played more than 70% of games for a nation ranked better than 50 in the world (e.g. Qatar) then yes, they would automatically be able to get a work permit.