hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Var

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Var

Are there still people who don't want VAR?

Hibs could have lost that game tonight, despite Doidge being clearly onside both times.

Would the argument that the spontaneity of a goal celebration is ruined by VAR outweigh the fact that the spontaneity of what should have been 2 goals was ruined by the lack of VAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there still people who don't want VAR?

Hibs could have lost that game tonight, despite Doidge being clearly onside both times.

Would the argument that the spontaneity of a goal celebration is ruined by VAR outweigh the fact that the spontaneity of what should have been 2 goals was ruined by the lack of VAR?
    100% I don’t want it. For the occasional time like tonight where it would help, there are a multitude of examples where the game would break down completely and bore us all to tears, looking for tiny issues with a goal or a millimetre offside.

We won regardless without it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    100% I don’t want it. For the occasional time like tonight where it would help, there are a multitude of examples where the game would break down completely and bore us all to tears, looking for tiny issues with a goal or a millimetre offside.
    That's such an exaggeration. By far the majority of VAR decisions are made while the game continues and there is little or no delay.

The fact that we won tonight is irrelevant. We were forced into unnecessary extra time thereby risking injury to our players, and risking elimination from the competition.

Had VAR been in force, the goals would have been checked and we would have celebrated. I'd happily wait a few seconds for the correct decision rather than accept incompetence from the officials so there's no delays.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

That's such an exaggeration. By far the majority of VAR decisions are made while the game continues and there is little or no delay.

The fact that we won tonight is irrelevant. We were forced into unnecessary extra time thereby risking injury to our players, and risking elimination from the competition.

Had VAR been in force, the goals would have been checked and we would have celebrated. I'd happily wait a few seconds for the correct decision rather than accept incompetence from the officials so there's no delays.
    And the rest of the game is different and we may have lost 2-1. No chance do I want VAR anywhere near our game.

And the rest of the game is different and we may have lost 2-1. No chance do I want VAR anywhere near our game.
    I get that you don't want it.

You prefer to tolerate wrong decisions, inept refereeing performances and the potential for unaccountable cheating to short delays.

I feel exactly the opposite way.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I get that you don't want it.

You prefer to tolerate wrong decisions, inept refereeing performances and the potential for unaccountable cheating to short delays.

I feel exactly the opposite way.
    And you get just as many wrong decisions with VAR with huge delays in between and huge inconsistencies game by game.

You asked a question, I gave you an answer and you don’t like that. Pointless.

Var

We won regardless without it.

Would be good in games v smeltic / huns.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailsea Hibby View Post
    Would be good in games v smeltic / huns.
    I doubt it.

Every goal scored against them would be scrutinised to see if a foul could be spotted in the build-up, and I'd bet it wouldn't be too hard for Beaton in the VAR room to find one. And we wouldn't have any cause for complaint.

I don't want VAR anywhere near the game. I too believe that it only (possibly) improves the experience if you're an armchair viewer, and that's not what football should be about, despite the efforts of those in charge at higher levels to make it so. We've benefited more than been disadvantaged from offside decisions anyway.

Goal-line technology is a no-brainer though.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Knowing Scottish refs they would still make an meal of it with or without var

There will come a time where there isn't a choice but to have it as the rest of the world continues its spread of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    There will come a time where there isn't a choice but to have it as the rest of the world continues its spread of it.
    First step would be getting goal line technology in. It’s quite embarrassing that we don’t have that facility yet we’re chatting about VAR. One is factual and the other is subjective.

I’m not 100% against technology - my pet hate is turning all American with it though and having stop start games. Look at the Man Utd Villa one last week. They literally ran through every slow motion of every angle of every incident in the cross, the block, the potential offside in the middle, then potential handball, then after a few minutes checking everything, went back and told the ref to look at the very first incident. There should be a 20 second cut off, 2 replays. If that’s not clear enough move on. None of the ultra zoom slow mo’s that just indicate your trying to find fault with things.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Is there not a varccine yet?
    Mon the Hibs.

Incredible to me that people don't want disallowed goals that are a yard onside to be given.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    VAR is an absolute must, I’m sick of games in this country hinging on officials who (if I’m being very generous) simply need more help to get things right.

It needs tweaked, but it’s relatively new and with a couple of changes I think it would improve the game massively. No more decisions like we saw last night where a goal and a chance were denied because of offside.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Not seen any of the replays - was there some wrong decisions last night. Doidges goal for example ? Looked inside at the game to me ..also wasn’t sure if Muellers run was inside also …

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Not seen any of the replays - was there some wrong decisions last night. Doidges goal for example ? Looked inside at the game to me ..also wasn’t sure if Muellers run was inside also …
    Doidge was onside, yard or two. Issue was the defender was coming out so quick that within a millisecond Doidge was yards off. Was a tough call and no doubt would’ve been overturned.

@hibs.net private member
    Doidge was onside, yard or two. Issue was the defender was coming out so quick that within a millisecond Doidge was yards off. Was a tough call and no doubt would’ve been overturned.
    Cheers Sam

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Definitely want it for blatant decisions as last night. Could have been out the cup because of it. Personally thought the ref was shocking. Doig shot saved goal kick wtf

First Team Breakthrough
    100% want var but I want a non Scottish var ref, how many times have the ref's got things wrong against us, and to save time if a player goes down with an injury and its not a really bad one, especially cramp should be treated off the pitch, save time

VAR as per the Euros =
    VAR as per English Prem =

Blog Entries
    With VAR there's 2 types of decisions to be made, subjective and non subjective, or factual. Offside, like goal line technology, falls into the latter category so I don't understand how anyone could be against that. I suspect on the more subjective decisions, in particular foul play, we would continue to suffer from OF bias, at least initially.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    With VAR there's 2 types of decisions to be made, subjective and non subjective, or factual. Offside, like goal line technology, falls into the latter category so I don't understand how anyone could be against that. I suspect on the more subjective decisions, in particular foul play, we would continue to suffer from OF bias, at least initially.
    This where I am good for offside or goaline stuff. I can't wait until we get a goal disallowed for a dubious foul in the build up v the old firm

I’d say we should now use VAR. Too much money involved not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I’d say we should now use VAR. Too much money involved not to.
    The money to pay for it all the way down to league 2 is coming out the prize money for the top league. I’d rather we kept that money personally than pay for Cowdenbeath v Albion Rovers to have a video ref.

The money to pay for it all the way down to league 2 is coming out the prize money for the top league. I’d rather we kept that money personally than pay for Cowdenbeath v Albion Rovers to have a video ref.
    Surely it would just be in the top league. Don't think Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale is subjected to VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Surely it would just be in the top league. Don't think Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale is subjected to VAR.
    Press release last month I think was stating it would be in every SPFL game. Would be ridiculous when games in our pyramid can’t even have linesmen, amateur games are called off all over the shop for lack of referees, yet they’d find a potential 21 extra refs a week to sit in an office.

Press release last month I think was stating it would be in every SPFL game. Would be ridiculous when games in our pyramid can’t even have linesmen, amateur games are called off all over the shop for lack of referees, yet they’d find a potential 21 extra refs a week to sit in an office.
    I've only read that it will be installed in premiership games and the later rounds of cup competitions.

Not only does it need several cameras, it needs pitchside monitors and a VAR office.

I very much doubt that there's ever been any intention for all 42 grounds had to have it.

Who do you suppose will be the VAR ref in a room somewhere?

Unless there is complete transparency with viewers able to listen to the refs conversation as they do in rugby then nothing will change.

Don’t hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Who do you suppose will be the VAR ref in a room somewhere?

Unless there is complete transparency with viewers able to listen to the refs conversation as they do in rugby then nothing will change.

Don’t hold your breath
    If you think the referees are corrupt and that they'll continue to be corrupt despite the immediate TV evidence, then you're probably right.

If you think that referees are human and make mistakes which the TV evidence will allow them to remedy, then you're mistaken.

If you think the referees are corrupt and that they'll continue to be corrupt despite the immediate TV evidence, then you're probably right.

If you think that referees are human and make mistakes which the TV evidence will allow them to remedy, then you're mistaken.

Yes I’m right😎😎

I just want full transparency. Can’t see why that’s an issue.