hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see both sides of your point actually. I agree that while JRs comments weren't overly critical, they weren't really helpful and perhaps didn't warrant a response but maybe Maloney is just playing the game hear and letting us supporters know that there is a fight in him if needed. We've already seen comments on here that he might be a soft touch so hopefully that puts that to bed.
    That’s a fair set of points Mikey . Balanced view

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Who cares, Maloney will probably do the same when he's managed more than one club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Who cares, Maloney will probably do the same when he's managed more than one club.

@hibs.net private member
    Whether JR was right to say anything or not, I like the fact Maloney has hit back. It show he’s cares and is not the soft touch some might have thought he is.

Ross is hurting and had a wee fit of pique but his comments were very mild compared to how he is really feeling.

Maloney is a wee pipsqueak though who has to earn the right to be "disrespected'.

He should learn to keep his wee gob shut and concentrate on team matters.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Ross is hurting and had a wee fit of pique but his comments were very mild compared to how he is really feeling.

Maloney is a wee pipsqueak though who has to earn the right to be "disrespected'.

Congratulations for that well informed in depth piece of analysis.

@hibs.net private member

. Come on Jack , you need to spend less time on this forum and get a new gig

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    . Come on Jack , you need to spend less time on this forum and get a new gig

Testimonial Due

What a massive pile of sheite!! Do you mean focus on team matters like winning 3 of his 1st 4 games??

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Cheers bud. How you doing these days?
    All good, just recovering from a infection and just had a couple of teeth yesterday, apart from that everything just rosey, ta for asking hope you are good.

Coaching Staff

Deary me, very instructive.

I think the broader context here is it wasn't just Jack Ross that was saying Hibs should let Boyle go. You had Kris Boyd spouting his usual nonsense, you had radio pundits going on about Hibs cannot/should not deny Boyle a life changing opportunity.

Hibs have a responsibility to themselves first and foremost - I don't think the club were being obstructive in the whole process, they only wanted their valuation met which clearly it has been now.

Its maybe unfortunate that Maloney's comments have come out as having a dig at Jack but effectively it should be seen as a defense that the club were only doing what every other club would and should do which is maximise the value they can get for any player.

I would have preferred a general statement to come from big Ben but don't have an issue with Maloney saying what he said.

I'd like to propose a bit of appreciation for usage of the word pipsqueak

Genuinely not heard that since primary school, I really hope it reenters the popular lexicon.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Mountain out of a molehill. No one was bothered about what Ross said yesterday but Maloney’s now made a headline out of it for some reason. Even the pundits were a bit surprised he’d chosen to make a thing of it.

Who cares if Boyle was speaking to Ross? I’ve spoken to old bosses that I’ve liked and respected before as well.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    All good, just recovering from a infection and just had a couple of teeth yesterday, apart from that everything just rosey, ta for asking hope you are good.
    Still growing teeth at your age Silver😀

Maloney is a bit touchy. He's in for a hard time as Hibs manager if that's the case.

Maloney isn't where he is by accident. You don't get to play for Celtic, be number 2 at the number one international team in the world, and manage an SPL side, all before you're 40, without having exceptional qualities.
    This constant use of his physical stature to belittle him is ignorant to say the least. People with ideas, mental strength and a way with people are the ones who make it to the top in management nowadays. They are the ones who are worthy of respect, and Maloney's style, on and off the park, is the way the game is going I'm afraid. The dinosaurs will have to get their head round that.
    Poor stuff

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Probably one of the worst posts I’ve read on here.

Tell me you are being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Maloney is a bit touchy. He's in for a hard time as Hibs manager if that's the case.
    I can understand why he's a bit miffed with Ross. It's his project now and he doesn't need any unhelpful input from anyone else.
    Being touchy remains to be seen, but he seemed to handle all the abuse aimed at the players last night in the perfect manner. Staying calm and getting the message across to the players that they should stick to the game plan. A certain level of maturity there.

@hibs.net private member hibeejeebies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Maloney comments on Ross at 36:19.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bjh056
    Brilliant, cheers mate.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    After Boyle's comments after Ross left, I wonder if he told his agent to get it sorted and wanted out.
    i think it was more likely having 30k presented to him as a weekly wage made him want to leave

Jack, i like you but it's time to move on mate.

Holy ****ing Jesus christ, what a crock of ****

Grow up

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Thought the comments about Boyle were a bit ‘look at me the players still love me’. .
    That was my thought when I saw JR's comments, in a way saying its still his dressing room, what position does that put SM in? Lost a bit of respect for JR with that....I was in the camp that would have kept him but I fully understand why he was sacked, results were terrible and performances indicated they were merited.
    Actually encouraged to hear Sean take the bull by the horns, rather than being this skinned I see it as strong leadership, its his team now and its his dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr What If? View Post
    That was my thought when I saw JR's comments, in a way saying its still his dressing room, what position does that put SM in? Lost a bit of respect for JR with that....I was in the camp that would have kept him but I fully understand why he was sacked, results were terrible and performances indicated they were merited.
    Actually encouraged to hear Sean take the bull by the horns, rather than being this skinned I see it as strong leadership, its his team now and its his dressing room.

players love him so much he lost his job because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    i think it was more likely having 30k presented to him as a weekly wage made him want to leave
    That'll help 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    If its purely just on the sun article then Maloney's comments are shocking almost Embarrassing. Ross never really said anything wrong (again if it's just the article) and don't know why he's so bothered
    The previous manager coming out in the press telling the club to let their best player go? It’s disrespectful

Are you a Hibs fan or a Jack Ross fan?