hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Maloney Hits Back At Ross

On BBC Sportsound after the match. Said JR’s comments weren’t required. Felt he was disrespectful to him and his back room staff. Certainly was not happy.

Ross remarks 'disrespectful' - Maloney
    FT: Hibernian 1-0 Cove Rangers (AET)
    Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney doesn't sound too pleased about the Jack Ross interviews that appeared in some of today's newspapers.

"We had the previous manager come and speak out publicly which was difficult," he says. "I found it quite disrespectful to me and my staff and the club more importantly. That wasn't appreciated.

"Martin Boyle... We'll know more in the next 24-48 hours but I have to say the boy himself has been very good, very professional

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On BBC Sportsound after the match. Said JR’s comments weren’t required. Felt he was disrespectful to him and his back room staff. Certainly was not happy.
    What did Ross say to get that reaction?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Very surprised maloney even mentioned it?

Love it.

Maybe some think maloney isn’t an argumentative softly spoken type.

Sometimes less is more. But that had to be said.

Well in Shaun

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    If its purely just on the sun article then Maloney's comments are shocking almost Embarrassing. Ross never really said anything wrong (again if it's just the article) and don't know why he's so bothered

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What did Ross say to get that reaction?
    I read his comments earlier and i thought what he said was fair. I'm sure someone will post a link for you to the article

Probably makes me a walking contradiction, but I think they've both got a point. I wasn't angered by anything Jack Ross said, I felt for him with the way things ended. Wish him all the best going forward.

But for Shaun, it simply complicates things. A former manager talking about current players and ongoing transfer situations clearly won't be palatable for him. Again, without having any trouble personally with what Jack has said, I don't mind Maloney speaking up here.

Get aff the fence man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Love it.

Maybe some think maloney isn’t an argumentative softly spoken type.

Sometimes less is more. But that had to be said.

Well in Shaun
    Tbh, it's made him seem a bit thin skinned and overly sensitive unless Ross has said more than I've read.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    I'm not - an ex manager going to the media hawking a player and saying he's been in daily dialogue with him undermines the new manager and Jack knows that. Maloney is right to call him out.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Tbh, it's made him seem a bit thin skinned and overly sensitive unless Ross has said more than I've read.
    Agree with this.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    If its purely just on the sun article then Maloney's comments are shocking almost Embarrassing. Ross never really said anything wrong (again if it's just the article) and don't know why he's so bothered
    I’m with you on that…ignore it Shaun….if he’s sensitive to that, he’s going to have a lot of frustration in his career as a manager

Didn’t Ross say he’s been speaking to Boyle and then publicly stating Hibs should let Boyle go?

That puts Hibs in a fairly difficult situation and suggests Boyle was desperate to go. While that may be right, there’s no need for that conversation to go public.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    I felt the same, was really surprised he chose to bring it up. Didn't think JR said anything untoward, nor anything re: Boyle that we as supporters haven't been saying ourselves, so not sure why he was feeling so disrespected.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'm not - an ex manager going to the media hawking a player and saying he's been in daily dialogue with him undermines the new manager and Jack knows that. Maloney is right to call him out.
    I agree. I’d guess it’s the stuff with Boyle that has annoyed Maloney.

Spot on with this.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I didn’t have a big problem with what Ross said this morning but you’re right.

If Neil Lennon or Heckingbottom came out and said he’d been speaking to Boyle daily and he should get his move while he was manager, i suspect Ross would be telling them to mind their own business.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Totally understandable for me. He's just into his first managerial position and ex-manager decides to come out of the silence to talk about one of his players being sold.

Nothing necessarily untoward about Ross' comments but losing your best player will annoy you and seeing comments about it from your predecessor won't help that frustration.

100% it’s the comments regarding maloneys player Martin Boyle

Maloney has no real interest on how or why Ross got sacked

Where maloney becomes concerned is an ex manager just out the door saying aye hibs should do the right thing and let him move

That is an opinion which Ross should have said no comment to the question

I can totally see why maloney would be pissed. Ross hasn’t done any articles, not one and the day before a move comes about he’s saying Boyle should go.

Ross would have been out the door a lot quicker if he never had the joys of having Boyle to rely / bail him out on.

100%

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Fight! Fight! Fight!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Fair play to him. Ross is yesterday’s man sniping from the sidelines, Maloney is the man doing the job Ross thinks he should still be doing. I liked Ross, but he can go and **** himself if he thinks he’s more important than the current manager. I’m not interested in anything Ross has got to say anymore, Maloney is the main man.

United we stand here....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    100% it’s the comments regarding maloneys player Martin Boyle

Maloney has no real interest on how or why Ross got sacked

Where maloney becomes concerned is an ex manager just out the door saying aye hibs should do the right thing and let him move

That is an opinion which Ross should have said no comment to the question

I can totally see why maloney would be pissed. Ross hasn’t done any articles, not one and the day before a move comes about he’s saying Boyle should go.

Ross would have been out the door a lot quicker if he never had the joys of having Boyle to rely / bail him out on.
    I think it's because he has been in 'regular contact' with the player - no need to say that - that undermines the manager and can cause player/manager mistrust. No need for Ross to say that other than for devilment.

@hibs.net private member
    Well said Shaun

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done Maloney, totally right. The bottle merchant is gone now, we move.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Heard JR saying plenty times when he was here that he doesn't want to talk about other people's players. So why start doing it now and talking about Hibs players?

Heard Maloney speaking on the radio, very surprised by his comments. Not something you hear too much of these days.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Heard JR saying plenty times when he was here that he doesn't want to talk about other people's players. So why start doing it now and talking about Hibs players?
    Hopefully he'll end up at St Johnstone and take Drey Wright, Gogic and Hallberg

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    He's just a pundit now and he was answering a newspaper's questions.

Loads of people have said Martin Boyle should be allowed to leave if the fee is right. Why not Ross?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    He's just a pundit now and he was answering a newspaper's questions.

Loads of people have said Martin Boyle should be allowed to leave if the fee is right. Why not Ross?
    I guess because he obviously has a close relationship with him

Talking about him speaking to Martin and he should be allowed to go when negotiations are ongoing arnt helpful to hibs

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I think it's because he has been in 'regular contact' with the player - no need to say that - that undermines the manager and can cause player/manager mistrust. No need for Ross to say that other than for devilment.
    Thought his comments about losing his job were fair enough. Much as I was glad to see him go, from a professional perspective it was obvious he’d feel hard done by. Thought the comments about Boyle were a bit ‘look at me the players still love me’. Wonder if he’d have been in the press recommending the club let Boyle go if he was still in charge….