hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next three games

This time next week if we win the next three games we could be within three points of Hearts and third. Big if I know but possible. Exciting week ahead

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Win the next 3 and they lose them and we will be 1 point behind.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    3 big games in terms of our season and Maloney's introduction to the club.

3 wins would be terrific, 3 wins playing the way we played against Dundee United would be even better.

I'm going up to Fir Park tonight and really looking forward to seeing us under the new Gaffer. Porteous will be a big miss, he makes such a difference to the way we play.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 big games in terms of our season and Maloney's introduction to the club.

3 wins would be terrific, 3 wins playing the way we played against Dundee United would be even better.

I'm going up to Fir Park tonight and really looking forward to seeing us under the new Gaffer. Porteous will be a big miss, he makes such a difference to the way we play.

Was just thinking along these lines myself. Tonight is a massive game in terms of climbing the league. A win puts us ahead of Motherwell, while I don’t expect hearts to get anything tonight, and the derby fast approaching.

Plenty football to be played beforehand but Tuesday night could potentially have us tightening things right up and make for an even bigger occasion.

Getting past tonight with a positive result required first and foremost.

@hibs.net private member
    With Aberdeen losing last night as well... it gives us a little breathing space if we win tonight too.

We have to win tonight, massive game, I'm not totally comfortable with St Mirren starting to pick up points. Aberdeen are having a disaster, but get the points tonight and there's a 7 point gap, Dundee Utd are 100% losing tonight.

Its really hard to figure how the next 3 games will go, even harder to figure what team will be on the park. In both of our last two matches fans have been critical of how we have played, I didn't see the Celtic game, but from what I read about it our performance against Cove was roughly similar in that we were slow to build up and didn't have a lot about us in an attacking sense ... we got the ball into the final third quite a bit against Cove but didn't work their keeper very much.

We have quite a few new players the manager needs to fit into the system he wants to play and as Newell said it's going to take time for all the players, but I would guess especially them, to get used to playing the way he wants. Given all that unless all the players learn quickly and find a way to make the manager's style of play far quicker and far more effective we are going to have a few bumps along the way, one of which could be the derby. How that will go depends on the next two games, if we can be more effective in them and get a couple of good results I'll be far less jittery about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    We have to win tonight, massive game, I'm not totally comfortable with St Mirren starting to pick up points. Aberdeen are having a disaster, but get the points tonight and there's a 7 point gap, Dundee Utd are 100% losing tonight.
    Agree we have to win tonight but more because of what is in front of us. A win and we’re above Motherwell in to 4th and we’ve got to be looking at cutting the gap to Hearts with them playing Celtic.

'S' Form
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by davidbee1875 View Post
    100%
    Except for Dundee Utd losing!

The hertz game in particular is very important for maloney. Like it or not he has not been universally accepted at hibs..yet. The last two games, a win and a draw away to 4th place, was met by a fairly negative reaction. A derby win can change that instantly. If we lose i wont be looking forward to the reaction.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Just beat the Hertz, Hibs. Please.

The Derby is maloneys first big game, lets hope we can do to them what we did to Dundee United.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    The hertz game in particular is very important for maloney. Like it or not he has not been universally accepted at hibs..yet. The last two games, a win and a draw away to 4th place, was met by a fairly negative reaction. A derby win can change that instantly. If we lose i wont be looking forward to the reaction.
    He should be (should be) thinking he is the luckiest guy alive - a full house sell out under the lights in a high pressure game, where you need to be streetwise.

The kind of night you live for, and it's happened for Shaun in his first managerial gig!!

Somehow I worry he is too focused on percentage possession and not enough on how we hurt the opposition with it (and he seems a guy at risk of putting his principles above all else)

While I respect that, I'd whisper too that he should be looking at the Derby as the first of many full houses and victories to savour (and try to make sure next week isnt the one & only full house he manages in front of)

Guys, anyone wanting more betting gems like the above, can you please pay £10 per month into my bank account.

What a fud :(

The Derby is maloneys first big game, lets hope we can do to them what we did to Dundee United.
    The Celtic game in Glasgow wasn't a "big one"??

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We'd all like that but not so sure we have the players with enough fight to beat them.
    We have nothing in the middle of the park and very little up front.
    Hope I'm apologising on Wednesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Not really, no. A free shot, nothing more

Nope. Celtic away is a chance to have a go, but games against the old firm aren’t “big games” IMO.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Nope. Celtic away is a chance to have a go, but games against the old firm aren’t “big games” IMO.
    Seriously?

Seriously?
    Our 3 biggest games in the league is Hearts and the old firm.

Celtic park after the break was always going to be tough. Not many teams will get a result therem

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    We could really be doing with a big result.

At the moment it doesn’t feel like our crowd particularly like the team, and the team don’t seem to particularly like the fact that the crowd feel that way.

Beating Hearts, followed by a wee rendition of Sunshine on Leith, would be a step towards fixing that.

More of a "point is a bonus" type fixture. Same with Ibrox. Personally see Hearts and Aberdeen as bigger games as they're our direct rivals.

My 70th birthday today and lo and behold a Derby on the horizon.
    Oh, for one more 7-0 !!
    Now that would be a terrific belated birthday present.

GGTTH

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    We'd all like that but not so sure we have the players with enough fight to beat them.
    We have nothing in the middle of the park and very little up front.
    Hope I'm apologising on Wednesday morning.
    Correct. Still as soft as ***** in the middle of the park. I don't know why this never seems to be addressed year upon year.☹

Quote Originally Posted by Basildon Hibs View Post
    Correct. Still as soft as ***** in the middle of the park. I don't know why this never seems to be addressed year upon year.☹
    Because its not true?

You know we had Gogic all last season. Would you call him soft?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    More of a "point is a bonus" type fixture. Same with Ibrox. Personally see Hearts and Aberdeen as bigger games as they're our direct rivals.
    I've been a fan since 65 - Celtic and Rangers have always been THE big games for me - the Hearts game too of course: must admit, I don't really understand your (and others it seems) line of thinking, but each to their own I guess ...

Hearts is the biggest game of the season for me. Followed by Rangers then Celtic.

I'm happier at winning a derby than any other fixture, and more gutted if we lose.

I've been a fan since 65 - Celtic and Rangers have always been THE big games for me - the Hearts game too of course: must admit, I don't really understand your (and others it seems) line of thinking, but each to their own I guess ...
    Results against they two very very rarely define our seasons; games against Aberdeen and Hearts have much more of a bearing on our seasons.

I used to feel like that, that they were big games, and they still are occasions, but for me Celtic at park head isn’t a big game in the same way a derby is. If Celtic beat us I generally don’t care, it was expected and anything over and above that is a bonus.

Sir Alex Ferguson