hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Ross

I still rate Jack Ross highly. I wanted him to stay and get at least till the end of the season. Reading some of the articles today gave we a wee pang of regret to be honest. I might be in the minority but I thought we could have really built something with Ross at the wheel.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends - if we play good football and lose most will be ok with it. And it's not a big game either.

Blog Entries
    I wasn't a huge JR fan & on balance I support the decision to sack him. Some comments on here are bizarre though (shock) . We dominated our semi final against St J for 1st 30 or so minutes & Murphy missed 2 sitters to put us ahead. St J scored from their 1st corner & we fell apart. That's not really the manager's fault though, we showed we could play through them. Again in the final we were shocking but virtually all the vitriol in the aftermath was (rightly IMO) directed at the players for not performing. Now it appears it was entirely the manager's fault!
    On a general note it appeared with JR that when we won 2 semis they weren't big games but when we lost 2 they were!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I'm saying if he'd not been as good at winning cup matches then when he/we had our first bad run under him he wouldn't have had the angry mob chasing after him.

As it was he won too many cup matches which heightened expectation and led to his downfall - "he'll need to win the first few matches of the season to get me onside", "I'll wait an reserve judgement until the first derby" and so on until finally he/we lost a few games and it all came crashing on on him. Some folk were living for a 4 match run - going 6 (or however many it was) sent them into over drive.
    A bit dramatic an angry mob chasing after him.
    Every team has supporters who have a different opinion on there manager .
    Ross got sacked because of a horrendous league run there was no angry mob some people just stopped going because they didn’t like the football.

Anyone got a link so I can read online?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Fans are so fickle. If we lose tonight there will be folk on here saying SM should be sacked.
    If we do lose tonight, SM will rightly get stick, Ross never lost many cup games when at the club, and if SM loses his first it will cause major stress to some folk.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    That’s interesting because I left the Dundee, St Mirren, Dun Utd, Aberdeen, Ross County, Motherwell and Livingston games prior to his sacking thinking if a better manager had been in charge we would have won the game.
    That's brilliant 😂

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If we do lose tonight, SM will rightly get stick, Ross never lost many cup games when at the club, and if SM loses his first it will cause major stress to some folk.
    Even if we win this it's not going to be pretty...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ross got the sack from his last two jobs for basically the same reason.

Make of that what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

Yet to see if either will improve without him.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post

That Sunderland have done anything but move forward without him. That’s what I make of it.

It remains to be seen what will happen with us; maloney has started well, I was impressed with the game against Dundee United but tonight was very very hard work.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That Sunderland have done anything but move forward without him. That’s what I make of it.

It remains to be seen what will happen with us; maloney has started well, I was impressed with the game against Dundee United but tonight was very very hard work.
    Obvs way too early to judge Maloney. Fact Sunderland haven’t progressed only proves that they still don’t have the right man in charge.

Ross remarks 'disrespectful' - Maloney
    FT: Hibernian 1-0 Cove Rangers (AET)
    Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney doesn't sound too pleased about the Jack Ross interviews that appeared in some of today's newspapers.

"We had the previous manager come and speak out publicly which was difficult," he says. "I found it quite disrespectful to me and my staff and the club more importantly. That wasn't appreciated.

"Martin Boyle... We'll know more in the next 24-48 hours but I have to say the boy himself has been very good, very professional

I knew maloney wouldn’t like this article that broke last night. Ross coming out of nowhere giving his tuppence worth.

Good on maloney telling him it wasn’t appreciated

Good on Shaun

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Good on Shaun
    Exactly love he had a dig at Ross tonight - Ross is the reason we have such an uninspiring squad and a team bereft of creativity. Ross had no 'credit in the bank' - he failed to beat a Hearts side who hadn't played much football and a Saints side in a winnable final. His teams, even when winning, were abject to watch. Jack Ross was and is Alex Miller Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Exactly love he had a dig at Ross tonight - Ross is the reason we have such an uninspiring squad and a team bereft of creativity. Ross had no 'credit in the bank' - he failed to beat a Hearts side who hadn't played much football and a Saints side in a winnable final. His teams, even when winning, were abject to watch. Jack Ross was and is Alex Miller Mk 2
    At least Miller won a cup while manger...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    At least Miller won a cup while manger...

He did but he also gave debuts to both his sons who were utter gash and had the worst derby record in decades. Other than a couple of seasons (cup win I'll give you) a horrendous time to be a Hibs supporter in my eyes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Ross remarks 'disrespectful' - Maloney
    FT: Hibernian 1-0 Cove Rangers (AET)
    Hibernian manager Shaun Maloney doesn't sound too pleased about the Jack Ross interviews that appeared in some of today's newspapers.

"We had the previous manager come and speak out publicly which was difficult," he says. "I found it quite disrespectful to me and my staff and the club more importantly. That wasn't appreciated.

"Martin Boyle... We'll know more in the next 24-48 hours but I have to say the boy himself has been very good, very professional

I knew maloney wouldn’t like this article that broke last night. Ross coming out of nowhere giving his tuppence worth.

Good on maloney telling him it wasn’t appreciated

Well said Shaun , Ross trying to make himself relevant . Maybe not as many clubs as he thought knocking on his door offering him a job.

To think, when the chat started about JR's shoogly peg and possible replacements, I suggested Calum Davidson as a possible contender 'cos he seemed able to get a bunch of journeymen playing as a unit and punching above their weight.
    Judgement up my erchie!

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Jack Ross left a side with Martin Boyle, Scott Allan, Jamie Murphy and Chris muller joining. It's rubbish to say he had a side bereft of creativity.

His teams were absolutely not abject to watch when winning. His teams was good for the most part, especially away from home. If Maloney gets our away record and performances up there with Ross he'll likely be doing a very good job too.

Ross had an awful run. At our worst we still were in a cup final. Before that run he was doing a very good job.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    I am.

I was bored watching a JR team, found excuses on a Saturday not to go.
    I know it's early days under SM but has the football been more exciting since he came in? Again appreciate its very early still

Quote Originally Posted by Aldot View Post
    I know it's early days under SM but has the football been more exciting since he came in? Again appreciate its very early still
    No. But it wasn’t boring under JR either.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    No. But it wasn’t boring under JR either.
    To you. Plenty disagree.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    No, it hasn't.

The worry for me is that there's not been any clear sign of a particular style of play. We had loads of the ball on Thursday but we were a bit of a mess with it.

I realise that we're well short of first pick players so my concern is only slight at the moment, but...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

You really can’t judge at this stage It’s a period of transition More players will leave more will come in and the players already bought need time to bed in
    Just now it’s about doing that while trying to get results
    So far it’s three wins and one defeat ( which was expected at Park-head )
    You can’t ask more at this stage
    It’s going to take well into February and hopefully a fit Mcgennis included before we will know if team are gelling and playing the way Maloney wants
    Even then it’s probably going to take the summer Transfer window as well
    We also need to see how he reacts when we get a defeat or two defeats in a row
    But for now he is doing fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No, it hasn't.

The worry for me is that there's not been any clear sign of a particular style of play. We had loads of the ball on Thursday but we were a bit of a mess with it.

I realise that we're well short of first pick players so my concern is only slight at the moment, but...
    Think the style is really obvious along with the change of shape. We’ve lacked quality, particularly in the final third, but the way he wants to play seems pretty clear.

Jack Ross

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think the style is really obvious along with the change of shape. We’ve lacked quality, particularly in the final third, but the way he wants to play seems pretty clear.
    Mikey Stewart was critical of our play during cove game
    Said we play far too many passes only to arrive back where the move started
    And said we were attacking without purpose
    Clearly just his view but he has heaped praise on hibs in the past
    Oh and he felt were are too slow moving the ball about lacking urgency

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What is the style? I really didn't see any particular way we were playing. It certainly wasn't exciting or interesting.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

I’d probably agree with his analysis. It obviously doesn’t help that we’re missing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

I don’t disagree with anything he’s said there. Just the previous point that there isn’t an obvious style. I think there is but I just don’t think we’ve executed it very well in the two games this week. We might not until the players change but Hopefully the team will settle a bit over the next few weeks as well.