hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team v Cove

Team v Cove

Thoughts?

Hopefully Melkersen has his work permit sorted out so he can play. I'd drop Nisbet and play him up with Doidge. Henderson, Mueller and Rocky to start would be good too. Cove are going well but i fully expect a win and performane.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough muzzando's Avatar
    Dabrowski
    Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
    Cadden Newell Henderson Doig
    Boyle Mueller
    Doidge

Would be good to get Dabrowski playing in some of the early rounds of the cup as well getting debuts for some more of the new signings and more game time into Rocky (fingers crossed Melkerson has his work permit in time and can at least make the bench). Also think Doidge has to start and give him a chance to start one of his scoring sprees.
    Excited to see Mueller, Melkerson and Henderson. Would be looking to get Melkerson and Tait on from the bench ASAP if the tie is looking comfortable

I think we'll see at least 3 changes.

Nothing to do with performances, purely cause it's only 3 days after the last game and Maloney will be keen to get games into as many legs as possible.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzando View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dabrowski
    Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
    Boyle Mueller
    Doidge

Would be good to get Dabrowski playing in some of the early rounds of the cup as well getting debuts for some more of the new signings and more game time into Rocky (fingers crossed Melkerson has his work permit in time and can at least make the bench). Also think Doidge has to start and give him a chance to start one of his scoring sprees.
    Excited to see Mueller, Melkerson and Henderson. Would be looking to get Melkerson and Tait on from the bench ASAP if the tie is looking comfortable
    I’d go with that team.

A chance for Maloney to assess a few more players. Henderson should get game time but has only played 20 minutes for Celtic this season and I don't think he was in the B team at all. Is it worth giving Hallberg a chance? He would provide more energy than JDH and Campbell was very poor last night.
    We also have to figure out a way to play without Boyle in the next few matches, so it would be nice to see what Mueller can do. Doidge really needs some action to regain fitness and confidence.
    Does the manager give Nesbit a rest or think it's important for him to grab a goal after that horror miss?
    Cove will be no pushovers - they've got some handy experienced players and have kept seven clean sheets in a row.

Dabrowski
    Rocky Hanlon Stevenson
    Cadden JDH Henderson Doig
    Allan
    Doidge Melkerson (if allowed)

Cove are a decent enough side, so Boyle plays for me.

Either keeper - arguments for both in a cup tie.
    Rocky and Hanlon with one other at centre half.
    Allan
    Boyle Mueller

Possibly play Henderson where Allan is and JDH in the middle again. Would expect Newell would have more licence to get forward. McGregor may play centre half as well.

Hard to tell as don’t have any idea who is available, who we’ll deem ready to play.

Dabrowski

Rocky, Hanlon and one other.

Cadden and Doig wide.

A combination in the middle of the park that isn’t Newell and JDH.

Boyle, Doidge and one other.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don't think Maloney will drop Nisbet.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hard to tell as don’t have any idea who is available, who we’ll deem ready to play.

Dabrowski

Rocky, Hanlon and one other.

Cadden and Doig wide.

A combination in the middle of the park that isn’t Newell and JDH.

Boyle, Doidge and one other.
    Agree with this. JDH and Henderson for me. I’d have mueller and Boyle behind Doidge. 3421.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    I don't think Maloney will drop Nisbet.
    Neither do I.

I think it might end up being his first costly, repeat mistake.

Maloney's a rookie though and we're going to need to allow him to make a few mistakes along the way. Persisting with an out of form internationalist striker shouldn't appear all that wild on paper.

Eventually, either Nisbet bucks his ideas up, he leaves or he suffers the inevitable.

I'd have him dropped pronto, but I've got the benefit of watching Nisbet toil for about 11 or 12 months more than Maloney has.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Neither do I.

Maloney's a rookie though and we're going to need to allow him to make a few mistakes along the way. Persisting with an out of form internationalist striker shouldn't appear all that wild on paper.

Eventually, either Nisbet bucks his ideas up, he leaves or he suffers the inevitable.

I'd have him dropped pronto, but I've got the benefit of watching Nisbet toil for about 11 or 12 months more than Maloney has.
    i have a niggling feeling that Nisbet will come good under Maloney.

If we persist playing out from the back, which we will, there will be much more space for our forward players on the occasions when we break the lines of the opposition.

I am not so bothered about his miss last night more the fact he doesn't keep the ball nearly often enough in contact.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    i have a niggling feeling that Nisbet will come good under Maloney.

If we persist playing out from the back, which we will, there will be much more space for our forward players on the occasions when we break the lines of the opposition.

I am not so bothered about his miss last night more the fact he doesn't keep the ball nearly often enough in contact.
    I'd thought Nisbet had looked better throughout December so had no issue with him starting last night.

Only just now have I seen the miss - and I actually think it looks a lot worse than it actually was. The ball comes at pace and I think he expects the defender to get something on it. It was certainly a good chance, he does a bit better and it goes in, a bit worse and Wright taps it in.

Totally agree with your last point - and that was the problem last night. I would argue that the lazy "ballooned" effort before half time annoyed me more than the sitter. He was giving it away constantly and his body language and facial expression makes it hard to support him at times. It's a key role in the team and we need the right player with the right skill set to make it work.

I remember Mixu, for all he had failings in his game, being absolutely integral to the way the excellent Sauzee/ Latapy team played. I think we're looking for a slightly more mobile Mixu (what a player that would be, right enough) rather than whatever Nisbet is.

The place to start would probably be to play Doidge and see how he gets on.
    Last edited by Smartie; 18-01-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Macey
    Cadden Rocky Hanlon Doig
    Boyle Henderson Newell Murphy
    Doidge Nisbet

Put out the best side available. Cove will be difficult.

We've not suffered an embarrassing cup exit for a good while. Every team, no matter how good, has a few of them during their history.
    This Cove tie has all the potential of turning into a day when nothing goes your way. For that reason I would go for a full strength lineup

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    hope to see doidge, mueller, henderson and melkersom start.

would also be good to see dabrowski get a game.

I totally agree with those who say we treat this tie with the utmost seriousness and play our best side.

I'm just not sure at all what our best side is.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Put out the best side available. Cove will be difficult.
    It’ll be a very difficult game, strongest side possible to get back to winning ways.

Of course we should be respectful but let's no get carried away. I follow Cove fairly closely for betting purposes. They're obviously used to winning games but they'd be mid table to bottom half of the Championship. Which itself is a poor quality league. They've won their last 3 games 1-0 against the likes of Peterhead and Montrose.

We could make 11 changes and I'd be expecting us to win comfortably.

I'd like to see Henderson, Mueller and Doidge playing, hopefully Melkerson off the bench if he's available.

Dabrowski

Rocky Hanlon Stevenson

Cadden Allan Henderson Doig

Mueller Melkersen Boyle

If Melkersen's work permit is delayed I'd throw in Ethan Laidlaw
    or Josh O'Connor or Connor Young

I'd go with:

Macey
    Cadden Bushiri Stevenson
    Boyle Henderson Doyle-Hayes Mueller
    Allan
    Doidge Melkersen

Subs
    Dabrowski
    Doig
    Murphy
    Tait
    Newell
    Wright
    Nisbet

We need to be on the front foot and up the tempo from the start so we impose ourselves on the game. Everything tends to be too slow and unproductive in possession, for my liking, we can't allow teams to sit in and close ranks and must move the ball forward with a purpose and at pace.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    It’ll be a very difficult game, strongest side possible to get back to winning ways.
    Those contemplating anything less need to remember this is Hibs we're talking about.

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully it will be:

Dabrowski
    Bushiri, Hanlon, Stevenson
    Cadden, Hallberg, JDH, Doig
    Mueller, Nisbet, Henderson

Obviously would prefer Boyle to play but I am justnot sure if there's something bubbling away.

Hallberg deserves a start, never let Hibs down. Dabrowski needs an opportunity.

I don't think he'll drop Nisbet. We may all think he should but if it is confidence, as a manager, you are never going to drop him for missing a chance. Especially with the positive way he spoke about him.

All in all a more than capable team but need competition for Cadden and Doig. Will not be an easy game.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Macey

Rocky
    DAZ
    Hanlon

Cadden
    Doig

Henderson
    JDH

Muller
    Doidge
    Merkersen

First Team Breakthrough
    Macey

Cadden
    Rocky
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Mueller
    Henderson
    JDH
    Boyle

Doidge
    Nisbet

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Neither do I.

If it's confidence he may just need a goal. He was poor last night and, although I don't understand why, Maloney said that Nisbet was our best player against Dundee Utd.

I don't understand why McGregor wasn't given a look in last night either, considering he played and scored in the game before.

I would go:

Macey

Rocky McGregor Hanlon

Wright Cadden Newell Henderson Stevenson

Boyle Nisbet

Is Tait injured? Would like to see what he can offer but definitely put the best team out we can.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90+2 View Post
    If it's confidence he may just need a goal. He was poor last night and, although I don't understand why, Maloney said that Nisbet was our best player against Dundee Utd.

I don't understand why McGregor wasn't given a look in last night either, considering he played and scored in the game before.

I would go:

Macey

Rocky McGregor Hanlon

Wright Cadden Newell Henderson Stevenson

Boyle Nisbet

What game was that?

I’m actually really nervous for Thursday.

I was happy to hear Maloney mention how good a team they are as I was getting scared he might completely change the starting eleven to give boys a chance/minutes - he still might do that as he expects the players playing to be good enough to win.

I’d want to make a couple of changes;

…………..…………Macey……………….

………Rocky…….Hanlon…..Stevenson….

Cadden…….JDH……….Henderson…..Doig…..

…………….Boyle…………Mueller……

……………………….Doidge…….

Hopefully Tait gets some minutes too and Melkersen’s work permit comes through.