hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chants tonight

Chants tonight

Not advocating for a vanilla away support but do we have to sing a song about the Lisbon lions being dead? (Lisbon lions won’t see ten in a row). Was more than a minority of our fans singing it as well.

A song that’s even slated by a good chunk of Rangers fans. It’s absolutely horrific and we’re better than that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsIntl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not advocating for a vanilla away support but do we have to sing a song about the Lisbon lions being dead? (Lisbon lions won’t see ten in a row). Was more than a minority of our fans singing it as well.

A song that’s even slated by a good chunk of Rangers fans. It’s absolutely horrific and we’re better than that.
    That's actually embarrassing singing that kind of stuff. I despise Celtic just as much as the huns, but stuff like that is brutal regardless of the opponent.

Very disappointing to hear. We have some complete pricks in our support unfortunately

Yep, chronic pattern from some of our fans tonight.

Anybody know what happened to the ridiculously annoying drum? I've had enough of listening to constant boom boom boom on that thing, it adds nothing to the atmosphere at the match. All went quiet with about twenty minutes to go, either the drummer left or hopefully the drum has been confiscated for good

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Seems to be particularly at away games there are some absolute roasters who are also unfortunately quite vocal too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post

Anybody know what happened to the ridiculously annoying drum? I've had enough of listening to constant boom boom boom on that thing, it adds nothing to the atmosphere at the match. All went quiet with about twenty minutes to go, either the drummer left or hopefully the drum has been confiscated for good
    I’m miss the old terrace chants.. we are Hibernian fc.. all these new things doesn’t do it for me

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post

It kicked off, not sure what happened but the stewards rushed up the back, and then the viscous chants started. I believe the drum was taken during this commotion.

Left by mutual consent!

Was standing amongst the waens that were singing that, was pretty embarrassing... drummer boy got threatened by a tattooed bell end twice his age, really? Some ****ing rockets in our support...

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

absolutely horrible

That's absolutely brutal.

Left by mutual consent!

That sounds hun like. The attention seeking brigade in the home support were giving it hefty ra chants as well. Absolute F@nnies the lot of them.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Was poor. Those singing probably don’t even realise 3 of the Lisbon Lions played for us. Even the ‘Cheerio 10 in a row’ stuff was far too Hunish for my liking.

@hibs.net private member
    Did they sing rule brittania aswell and give the red hand of ulster 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    That's actually embarrassing singing that kind of stuff. I despise Celtic just as much as the huns, but stuff like that is brutal regardless of the opponent.
    Really disappointing thing for me is it’s the fan behaviours and songs of this ilk that are a big reason for my hatred of both old firm halves. Hopefully it’s stamped out quickly however big the numbers involved were.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Absolutely shocking patter, hope the club identify and ban these morons - on a par with singing songs about the Ibrox disaster and Leeds fans being taunted with Turkish flags.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Really disappointing thing for me is it’s the fan behaviours and songs of this ilk that are a big reason for my hatred of both old firm halves. Hopefully it’s stamped out quickly however big the numbers involved were.
    I was in the away end at IBrox when Kamberi went to Rangers and there was chanting about him dying ‘with a bullet from the IRA’ and now we are singing a about the Lisbon lions. Some of our fans seem to be trying to to out Old firm the old firm

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Was poor. Those singing probably don’t even realise 3 of the Lisbon Lions played for us. Even the ‘Cheerio 10 in a row’ stuff was far too Hunish for my liking.
    Didn't sit right with me either. Some really uncomfortable moments tonight.

Although MUE-S-A at Mueller's warm up made me laugh.

Absolutely vile and has no place at Easter Road or in our away sections. Always enrages me when I hear about our away support singing songs like that because for the 90 percent of fans in this country their opinion of us will be based on our away supporters at their home games, all it does is tarnish the clubs reputation.

If you want to sing songs like that at Hibs games then I would request you never come to a Hibs match again.

First Team Breakthrough
    I’ll say again growing up from about 5/7 years old always in the east stand great atmosphere and terrace chants ofcourse Could hear some bad stuff but now hibs fans singing songs about IRA etc isn’t good

Block 7 were pretty much the union bears for the night. Cheerio 10 in a row was most sung song of night and Lisbon lions won't see 10 in a row was a shocker. Hun songs. Embarrassing

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    **** happens, its best not to take it too seriously. Let’s not pretend we weren’t singing stuff like that and worse when we were younger. The songs are pretty tame compared to the stuff that went on in the 90s.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    I’ll say again growing up from about 5/7 years old always in the east stand great atmosphere and terrace chants ofcourse Could hear some bad stuff but now hibs fans singing songs about IRA etc isn’t good
    You must be quite young if you don’t remember songs about the IRA.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    You must be quite young if you don’t remember songs about the IRA.
    They were wrong then and they are wrong now.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Very disappointing to hear. We have some complete pricks in our support unfortunately
    Probably the same pricks who were singing about Cummings that he was a paedo

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Really need to run these morons out of the club. Pathetic

I've never had any issue with controversial chants and songs at the football. Some of the best I have ever heard have been a wee bit near the knuckle.

There needs to be an element of wit and originality to them though. Copying a tasteless song that Rangers fans sing is about as far removed from that as you can get.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    When did we become Huns?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    **** happens, its best not to take it too seriously. Let’s not pretend we weren’t singing stuff like that and worse when we were younger. The songs are pretty tame compared to the stuff that went on in the 90s.
    It’s not the 90’s anymore though. Don’t think anyone can disagree that these types of chants are not welcome.

Outside the old firm (except when they play each other), in Scotland there seems to be an unhealthy obsession with taunting opposition fans and players/club as opposed to supporting your own. Its quite weird IMO, channel the energy into supporting the team and singing Hibs songs instead of winding the opposition up. It will be the same when we visit Motherwell and Rangers in the next few weeks, the same fanny's singing about the LL last night will have tri-colours and no doubt be singing "....he ****ing loves the IRA 1, 2, 3, 4)

A new generation of social media fans perhaps?

@hibs.net private member
    I hate it when the element in our support act like Celtic supporters. Now we've got some acting like Rangers supporters. Awful.

Embarrassing.