hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doidge

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct this is exactly what happened both CM and CD have long term futures at the club we put on the players we did to give them game time to show what they could do. This will enable SM to make a more informed decision on their long term future
    This makes sense. If he's going to move them on this would be the last chance to see them in a competitive match before deciding it. If they can perform against Celtic then they can perform against any team in the league. Putting in a good performance v Cove won't tell him that and after the Cove game it's Motherwell on the 26th by which time it would leave very little time for them to find another club.

Thanks, you've put my mind at rest. Reading this thread I was starting to worry he might not be in Maloney's plans but for me your post hits the nail on the head.
    Last edited by 007; 17-01-2022 at 11:07 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I assumed it would be fitness-related too but been no mention of it as far as I’m aware and is a wee while now since he made his ‘return’.

Interesting to see if he’s involved Thursday night.
    I have no idea how Doidge did not get game time against Celtic. Surely he will start on Thursday

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s better than Nisbet but I think they are both at their best when playing together. I wouldn’t really complain if Nisbet wasn’t to play for us again though. Incredible how far downhill he has gone. James Collins without the work rate.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Game was gone already. I think we were keeping him for Thursday night.

Same applies to mueller and Hallberg.
    Cannae stand this "the game was gone" crapp the games never gone at 2-0 , 2-0 down at tynie should have just looked to the next game instead of trying to get back in the game then.

Correct this is exactly what happened both CM and CD have long term futures at the club we put on the players we did to give them game time to show what they could do. This will enable SM to make a more informed decision on their long term future
    Can you please type the players name instead of just initials? I thought I was reading the script from line of duty with all the acronyms
    I thought CM was our central midfield and CD central defender and only worked it out when I realised that SM was our gaffer
    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Cannae stand this "the game was gone" crapp the games never gone at 2-0 , 2-0 down at tynie should have just looked to the next game instead of trying to get back in the game then.
    Bang on the money mate, get the next goal and it’s game on. It was baffling that Doidge didn’t come on and Scott did. Doidge isn’t the silkiest of players and I worry that Maloney doesn’t fancy him, id hope tonight I.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Bang on the money mate, get the next goal and it’s game on. It was baffling that Doidge didn’t come on and Scott did. Doidge isn’t the silkiest of players and I worry that Maloney doesn’t fancy him, id hope tonight I.
    I’ll wait…
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    His non appearance is baffling. We've missed him ever since he got injured it would be a shocker from Maloney and hibs if we let him go. He should be starting
    To be fair he has looked miles off it since come back probably still getting up to full speed from his serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    What is the system?
    Obviously SM is developing a team that will play it short.
    Goalie aside, he won't pick you if you're more than two inches taller than the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    Can you please type the players name instead of just initials? I thought I was reading the script from line of duty with all the acronyms
    I thought CM was our central midfield and CD central defender and only worked it out when I realised that SM was our gaffer
    That sounds like a you problem 😂

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    To be fair he has looked miles off it since come back probably still getting up to full speed from his serious injury.
    Achilles injuries are amongst the worst to recover from.
    Doidge has looked like he is towing a truck since he started back playing.

Testimonial Due
    That sounds like a you problem 😂
    No I think a lot of people had a problem desiphering your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Id far rather doidge in my team than nisbett. Definitely if its a lone striker ,’id actually say that if we continue to play the lone striker , we would be as well getting as much for nisbett as we can get and move him on
    Heckingbottom proved, through his tactics, that Doidge doesn't thrive in the "lone striker. Nisbet has also seemed to be better playing as part of a front 2. I just hope our new management team has noted this.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Achilles injuries are amongst the worst to recover from.
    Doidge has looked like he is towing a truck since he started back playing.
    I was talking to a physio about this and he 100% agrees about Achilles injuries. There is no way to rush it (operation or re-set makes no major rehab difference) and he said even with constant attention like professional footballer's have it's still about 12 weeks before they can even start light training. Time, essentially, is the only true healer if this type of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    No I think a lot of people had a problem desiphering your post.
    Again that sounds like a non me problem

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    I was talking to a physio about this and he 100% agrees about Achilles injuries. There is no way to rush it (operation or re-set makes no major rehab difference) and he said even with constant attention like professional footballer's have it's still about 12 weeks before they can even start light training. Time, essentially, is the only true healer if this type of injury.
    Having suffered an Achilles injury I was also worried when Christian was back six weeks before original estimates. Will be regretting declaring himself fit far too soon and the team is suffering as a result.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Having suffered an Achilles injury I was also worried when Christian was back six weeks before original estimates. Will be regretting declaring himself fit far too soon and the team is suffering as a result.
    He's no in the team so no sure how's its suffering due to him declaring himself fit?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Heckingbottom proved, through his tactics, that Doidge doesn't thrive in the "lone striker. Nisbet has also seemed to be better playing as part of a front 2. I just hope our new management team has noted this.
    Always thought that the mixed talents of Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle was an asset and covered individual gaps. Like you I hope management spots the obvious

I am confused about the claim that he is still carrying the results of an injury. Why was he on the bench if he is incapable of carrying out 15 minutes against tiring opponents. Needs to play against Cove, at least in part.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LunasBoots View Post
    Letting Doidge go would be a stupid move from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    I have done it twice 😬. The physio I was using had been at Spurs and said the players with Achilles injuries are treated around 6-8hrs per day with training around 8-10 weeks from the original injury. As such, he could he fit enough to train but some way from match fitness.

I hope Maloney put Scott on with a view to giving Doidge 90 mins against Cove. May have been a bit too much for Doidge to feature in both.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Again that sounds like a non me problem
    That's a pretty gash way to try and make a point. I had to think about who CM was. I can get referring to JDH by his initials, the others...... nah.

I'm not totally convinced by this. Doidge may well thrive as a lone striker yet - some of his performances post-Hecky have been night and day compared to those days. Let's not forget that under Heckingbottom it looked like Doidge could barely connect with the ball at times, and certainly didn't look like a finisher. The majority of fans were convinced he was a poor signing.

Since he's settled-in and found his form, I would argue the attributes he shows are generally befitting of an effective lone-striker.

I do agree that Nisbet could do with Doidge alongside him again though.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    That's a pretty gash way to try and make a point. I had to think about who CM was. I can get referring to JDH by his initials, the others...... nah.
    Got to know your players 😂