hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Griffiths

Coaching Staff
    Let me get this straight, 99% on here agree they don't want or expect him back at ER, yet still he's being discussed, why????

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me get this straight, 99% on here agree they don't want or expect him back at ER, yet still he's being discussed, why????
    Because people keep replying to the thread?.

… even if it’s ironically to question why the thread Is still going.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe time for the admins to lock it? It is going round in circles.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

😝

@hibs.net private member
    I was at the Livi v Dundee game last night. Griffith never looked interested to me but saying that very few of his teammates did either. So sad that he has went the same way as Deek and others. You would think it would only take him a couple of months to get fit again if he could solve his mental health issues. Not too late for him but the longer he doesn't the harder it will be and he could easily be without a contact soon

@hibs.net private member
    Leigh is one of the best players I've seen in a Hibs shirt - but, like many before him, he's a flawed character. As a result of that flawed character, he's now out of shape despite being employed by two professional football clubs to train and be fit to grace the pitch for them. So it's a no from me. But no grudges - Leigh was always a maverick character which is part of what made him a such a great player to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

Bump

oh **** it

First Team Breakthrough
    Is he not training at EM to get himself fit and in better shape until end of the month? I'm sure someone said that yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    Is he not training at EM to get himself fit and in better shape until end of the month? I'm sure someone said that yesterday.
    He's still at Dundee until the end of January at least.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    I'd like to think if he was trying to get fit, then we gave him that opportunity to do so.

Of course SM would then see how he was doing close hand, and maybe see if he was anywhere near fit enough to earn a short contract.

And if not, then nothing lost.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd like to think if he was trying to get fit, then we gave him that opportunity to do so.

Of course SM would then see how he was doing close hand, and maybe see if he was anywhere near fit enough to earn a short contract.

Too sensible mate!

We can't give a deal to a pedophile/alchie/druggy/gambler/thug/obese racist who kisses the badge that paid him very well.

Total agree though :D

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Sounds reasonable.

If he trains at EM, gets the weight down and gets fitter, a short-term contract would be no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Too sensible mate!

We can't give a deal to a pedophile/alchie/druggy/gambler/thug/obese racist who kisses the badge that paid him very well.

Total agree though :D
    Why do you say that as if folk not wanting to sign someone who wanted dirty pictures off a 15 year old is a bad thing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why do you say that as if folk not wanting to sign someone who wanted dirty pictures off a 15 year old is a bad thing?
    I'm summarising the points made by posters on this thread. However and again, you are be selective with the truth re your statement. By the way, I'm not defending him I'm just trying to be factual so to not give the wrong impression of his issues, the girl is quoted as saying he did not know her age so, you cannot make that statement and pass it off as a fact. I respect your decision in not wanting him to play for Hibs again but let's stick to the facts and not portray him as some sort of sick pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I'm summarising the points made by posters on this thread. However and again, you are be selective with the truth re your statement. By the way, I'm not defending him I'm just trying to be factual so to not give the wrong impression of his issues, the girl is quoted as saying he did not know her age so, you cannot make that statement and pass it off as a fact. I respect your decision in not wanting him to play for Hibs again but let's stick to the facts and not portray him as some sort of sick pedophile.
    Ah but you can if it suits your agenda.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Some folk are acting like he was into her because she was 15. He wasn't. He messaged a lassie he obviously thought was older and got found out.

The act itself if ****ty though cause he has a partner.

Ah but you can if it suits your agenda.
    I have no agenda. I simply do not see ignorance as an excuse for noncing.

She'd have to be 18 for soliciting dirty pictures to be legal as far as I know, so he is very, very clearly in the wrong. It's actually really worrying that men are trying to defend his behaviour in any way.

This coupled with his poor professionalism, **** form, and other off field antics mean I think it would be utter mental to sign him. Thankfully, Hibs will do the right thing and avoid him. We'll have learned from O'connor who wasn't half the idiot Leigh is.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Some folk are acting like he was into her because she was 15. He wasn't. He messaged a lassie he obviously thought was older and got found out.

The act itself if ****ty though cause he has a partner.
    I tend to agree with you. I don't think LG is a paedophile. He's attracted to younger women but that applies to most of the population.

However, loads of men and women are unfaithful without it affecting their professional career.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

She'd have to be 18 for soliciting dirty pictures to be legal as far as I know, so he is very, very clearly in the wrong. It's actually really worrying that men are trying to defend his behaviour in any way.

This coupled with his poor professionalism, **** form, and other off field antics mean I think it would be utter mental to sign him. Thankfully, Hibs will do the right thing and avoid him. We'll have learned from O'connor who wasn't half the idiot Leigh is.
    What age did Leigh think she was?

Blog Entries

I'm not defending LG as I've said previously, its a ****ty thing to do however, I am defending the truth of the situation and that is pretty clear when you read the articles and legal stuff out there.
    Last edited by MrSmith; 20-01-2022 at 10:09 AM.

This thread is going well.

I agree with you and think you are are right in addressing the massive elephant in the room that nobody else wants to mention. I'm not buying that he didn't know her age. He knew fine well what he was doing. Chancing his mit. Shady character.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I agree with you and think you are are right in addressing the massive elephant in the room that nobody else wants to mention. I'm not buying that he didn't know her age. He knew fine well what he was doing. Chancing his mit. Shady character.
    Despite both him and the girl saying that her age was never discussed?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    This thread still going? What are we arguing about now? If a girl looks 15 or not? Or should a man of 30 with several kids and a partner should have known better?

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    This thread still going? What are we arguing about now? If a girl looks 15 or not? Or should a man of 30 with several kids and a partner should have known better?
    Yes.

But when did an individual's promiscuity, intelligence or common sense ever stop him pursuing a career in football?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Can we put this thread down please?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    This thread should be deleted never mind closed what a shambles

What age did Leigh think she was?
    He didn't think. That's clear.

Ignorance isn't an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    100%. Some truly worrying behaviour being shown in defence of him.