hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Griffiths

Griffiths

What kind of wages do people think Griffiths would take if he went to Hibs? Could he 'do a job'? Normally I would say that's him finished, but for me he could still be a really good sub to bring on with a few minutes to go. Don't know if he would still be worth the gamble, but interested to hear other people's thoughts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    If he done a Thommo until the end of the season, decided to knuckle down then yes.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Why would he be a really good for us when he has been absolutely ***** for ages?

Its not just bad form, physically he is a disgrace.

That's purely down to attitude

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Callum_62; 16-01-2022 at 05:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Just no. He’s yesterday’s man, hibee credentials or not.

id be absolutely astonished if maloney would want him anywhere near Hibs

Defo yes - if we played by NFL rules and were allowed to bring a kicker on just for free kicks. His belly could also be as big as mine and it wouldn't matter.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    This is not a player in the right condition to play in a high pressing system.

He should be absolutely nowhere near Hibs. His time is well and truly over at this level and he'll likely be retired within the next 18 months to 2 years.

It's a shame as he's only 31 and should still have a lot to give but he's miles off it.

@hibs.net private member hibee1875's Avatar
    Can’t wait till he retires so we can go a transfer window without people asking if he could do a job here

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Yes.

The only job he could do for us now is tasting all the pies...

Absolute and complete no. With all due respect, anyone wanting him here is utterly barking.

End up at Kelty Hearts

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    End up at Kelty Hearts
    No chance.

Christ no.

Wouldn't even want him if he played for free. Finished on the park and an arse off it.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    No

I don’t think we should be signing him again

Even if he was at the peak of fitness and had been on form for Dundee it would still be a no.

He's a problematic individual and I'd rather not see that at Hibs.

No from me. Would be a step backwards. Griffiths had his day. Great memories but we need players on the up not on the down.

That photo hurts the eyes. I wish him well and if he can sort himself out I'd love to see him back with us in the summer. Ball is in your court Leigh....

He’s miles past it, would take him 6 months to get fit.

He’s plenty ability in his left foot but he doesn’t have the attitude, fitness or sharpness to use it.

He's got far too much baggage for us to sign him. Would be on the front on the papers more than the back.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He had the world at his feet and he made an arse of it.

No thanks.

A real pity.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Until last summer I would have taken a chance on him.

After the latest off field nonsense and the shape he was in during the recent game at ER? No chance.

The ship has well and truly sailed. I hope for his sake he gets himself sorted out but ultimately football is a ruthless business. The risks outweigh the potential reward on all known evidence now.

I think we all know my opinion

Wouldn’t have taken him last year, wouldn’t be anywhere near him this year. Just like Thomson selling his soul to Rangers, Griffiths has done the exact same with the other lot along the M8. Couple that with his attitude and fitness, and top it off with his vile off field behaviour and it’s a recipe for absolute disaster.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    What a total decline in the space of 3-4 years. You always felt that he had the potential to be a top player possibly high English premiership level , he also has the potential to end up with his career well and truly over before it needed to be. Its a shame the decisions he has made that have seen him with his career over at 31 and on a steep decline since he was 27 .. Those years should have seen him at his peak and probably playing at a higher level than Celtic. He can only blame himself though as he had plenty of warnings and opportunities to change his lifestyle

For me though , i will always remember him fondly for his couple of seasons at the club , he was outstanding and ridiculously unplayable at times

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    He's defo not a George Best, so thanks for the memories but it's a big no I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He’s a shadow if the player he was. No chance he’ll play for Hibs again. I prefer to remember the goals he scored for Hibs and Scotland.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Too much baggage now, the past player I would take but his heads quite obviously not in the game.