hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Boyle Bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other than the stadium and training ground, what infrastructure projects did Petrie invest in? Those are also quite good things for a football club to spend money on, especially when we needed to upgrade the stadium and had no training ground. I’m not so sure that Ron will purely focus on spending in players either as he has given us big screens already, so I think he’s keen to invest in infrastructure if he thinks it will enhance the match day experience.
    I think your right, only I think he will focus only on projects that are going to increase revenue.....so maybe enhancements to East Mains that the club can rent out or additions under the stands. Can't see corners being filled with seats in the near future, unless our attendances were to suddenly to shoot up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    All 11 players were god awful that night. He did not get Jack Ross sacked.
    I never said he did

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    I refuse to believe it until its on the Greggs thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Forgot about Drey.
    As funny as that is I had to put that tune on because my brain wouldn’t let it sit still 😅

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Am sure Martin and Rachel have had some serious talks on will we ,wont we.
    If its 3 yrs,money aside ,its a risk and a real culture/lifestyle change.
    Not like moving ,to say Europe or North America..Or even Oz.
    I’ve got an odd image in my mind of Rachel playing football wearing a Burka. That aside, despite the Saudi, Muslim attitude to women, which I believe has relaxed somewhat, they dohave womens’ football over there.

4BAB030A-70F3-43F1-AD65-42E639B94428.jpg

as long as they play outwith the view of men, a different culture still embracing views from the dark ages. ...and no embracing anyway after goal celebrations, not because of covid either. lol

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    £3 million for Boyle is some piece of business. You could say he got Ross the sack with a penalty miss.
    There’s another 10 players on the pitch.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Prediction or FACT?
    Prediction,I should have stated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’ve got an odd image in my mind of Rachel playing football wearing a Burka. That aside, despite the Saudi, Muslim attitude to women, which I believe has relaxed somewhat, they dohave womens’ football over there.

4BAB030A-70F3-43F1-AD65-42E639B94428.jpg
    Aye,now woman can play football,drive a car and the Prince is to, or has recently abolish/ed public floggings.
    Maybe on their day off, the Boyles could go to market and possibly visit a public stoning.
    These oil rich dictators around the Gulf are seeking world approval with their massive investments/sponsorship of many sports.(thats the reason organised womens football is tolerated)

Money talks and its corruption has led us to the WC in Qatar.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 16-01-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    as long as they play outwith the view of men, a different culture still embracing views from the dark ages. ...and no embracing anyway after goal celebrations, not because of covid either. lol
    Women,until recently,2018,were banned from attending big football games,let alone play the game.

There is wonderful comedy film about women using lots of tricks/disguises to get into a crucial football game in Iran.
    Its called Offside
    Might be available on utube .Very funny !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 16-01-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Aye,now woman can play football,drive a car and the Prince is to, or has recently abolish/ed public floggings.
    Maybe on their day off, the Boyles could go to market and possibly visit a public stoning.
    These oil rich dictators around the Gulf are seeking world approval with their massive investments/sponsorship of many sports.(thats the reason organised womens football is tolerated)

Money talks and its corruption has led us to the WC in Qatar.
    There must be sone queue to get pee over there. Seriously, it’s not a society I would like to live in or be associated with.

There must be sone queue to get pee over there. Seriously, it’s not a society I would like to live in or be associated with.
    Aye,ye cannae get in for the smokers ,and when you do, you find there is no hot water.
    Sound familiar !.

I knew a few back in the day that went there to work in the oil business.
    But none took their wives with them. Not even for a holiday.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 16-01-2022 at 02:47 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would be gutted if he left but think this could be a great move for both parties if it happens. 3M will give SM decent funds to bring in another couple of quality signings. Boyle has been a great servant but at 29yr old we can't knock that offer back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    I would be gutted if he left but think this could be a great move for both parties if it happens. 3M will give SM decent funds to bring in another couple of quality signings. Boyle has been a great servant but at 29yr old we can't knock that offer back.
    Exactly how I see it. He's only going to decline now. We've had his best years. 3 million is probably the most we've received for a player since Scott Brown. If it happens then it's a good deal.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Exactly how I see it. He's only going to decline now. We've had his best years. 3 million is probably the most we've received for a player since Scott Brown. If it happens then it's a good deal.
    I think Steven Fletcher was a bit more when add-ons are taken into account.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    Well, a good move for us and MB, in terms of cash, but, in my opinion, not a such a good move for him in terms of social freedom and living conditions. I would like him to stay till at least the end of the season, maybe till next Christmas. His stock will still be high, we will still get a decent price for him, a great wage for himself and he will get a more attractive move to a more inviting environment for himself and his family.

Fletcher and McGinn both more.

Thought that the Gary O ' Connor transfer was the record.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Not even close.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Not even close. Reportedly 1.6 million. Brown was 4.4 million

Think that was around 1.5 million. Brown went for 4 million. Fletcher 3 million and McGinn 2.5 million, I think.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Well, a good move for us and MB, in terms of cash, but, in my opinion, not a such a good move for him in terms of social freedom and living conditions. I would like him to stay till at least the end of the season, maybe till next Christmas. His stock will still be high, we will still get a decent price for him, a great wage for himself and he will get a more attractive move to a more inviting environment for himself and his family.
    He and his stock could be ****ed by next Xmas, we all could. He should make the life changing move while he can, if it’s on offer.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Think that was around 1.5 million. Brown went for 4 million. Fletcher 3 million and McGinn 2.5 million, I think.
    Brown went for 4.4m excluding the add ons, I seem to recall the total figure was 5.94m all in.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Much as I would rather Boyle stayed, I think we really only need to think about the club and the transfer fee here. Let Boyle ponder the social freedoms and living conditions for himself.

The rest is just speculation, who knows where Boyle’s stock will be in 6 months or a year from now. What we can reasonably say is that he probably won’t be offered the same kind of cash from, let’s guess, along the M8. And let’s not forget all the baggage that comes from joining one of the uglies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    He and his stock could be ****ed by next Xmas, we all could. He should make the life changing move while he can, if it’s on offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Much as I would rather Boyle stayed, I think we really only need to think about the club and the transfer fee here. Let Boyle ponder the social freedoms and living conditions for himself.

The rest is just speculation, who knows where Boyle’s stock will be in 6 months or a year from now. What we can reasonably say is that he probably won’t be offered the same kind of cash from, let’s guess, along the M8. And let’s not forget all the baggage that comes from joining one of the uglies.
    Obviously, I can’t really argue with you guys, but I was looking at a satisfactory compromise for both parties. Yes, we’ll probably get less for MB in a year or so, but we will have had the services of a player who, inarguably makes us tick and gets results. I’d love to see Boyle playing with our new additions and the ones who will come in this summer.

10/10

If it’s 3million as we’re to believe ,it’s a great move money wise for him & if Ron give SM 1/2 of that we could get a decent & younger replacement or two

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    This is literally peak business for both parties. It will not get any better for either if the interested team has reached £3m. Take the money and invest it in the next Boyler.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Selling Boyle would indicate to Maloney that there is a lack of ambition at Hibs.

How many clubs sign a new Head Coach then immediately sell their top player, only reliable penalty taker and sole goal threat early in their new contract?

And whose fans roll over with the idea?
    And what type of message does it send to the rest of the squad or to potential signings that we’d stand in the way of a player getting a life changing move after the clubs valuation has been met. If Boyle gets his move what better motivator for Maloney to inspire the rest of the squad onto bigger/better things.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Forgot about Drey.
    Thats a Dr Dre rap tune .. Featuring Eminem 😂