hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Boyle Bid?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not inaccurate, which part of it is wrong?
    None of it. He just wants you to go and read about the mighty British Empire… for some reason.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A bit of a one sided view. You maybe need to read up on the British Empire a bit more!!
    That's a fairly accurate reflection of the British Empire, unless you're Winston Churchill or Niall Ferguson.

Good to hear in his Hibs TV interview that he'd like to come back. Could see it was quite emotional for him.

I'm dreaming of a preseason contract in 18 months.

Love that man. Best of luck to him 💚💚

Ooops! Sorry,wrong room.
    Did not realise this was the United HibsNet Human Rights Conference.

Be surprised,as others have said,if Martin does the "full contract" over there.
    But who knows, it might suit his family lifestyle,assuming all are going.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 21-01-2022 at 10:52 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Bit of whataboutism here, not relevant to a conversation on Saudi Arabia, you don't have to accept s*****y tegimes because others do it. In answer to your question about boycotts. Yes, yes they should.
    So where should we boycott? Uk for funding war regime's, so that's most of middle East ruled out. Perhaps African countries that use child Labor that get components for mobile fones and laptops or diamond /tanzanite rings. Asia? That uses child labour to put sports gear on your back. The states? That have no welfare help... where can we visit then?
    FIFA and UEFA are a part of these areas,so the SFA is complicit in this, so we should withdraw from the league and cups?
    Last edited by ozwoody; 21-01-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Is his testimonal going to be a sell-out Worldwide tour of the Nou Camp, San Siro, Wembley, Dallas Cowboys, Parc Des Princes, Beijing Birds Nest and Riverplate Stadiums?

Ludicrous comment. Good luck Boyler and enjoy the rest of your life in comfort with a stellar career behind you to be proud of.
    In a long line of many ludicrous posts now. This thread will join recent others in being closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A bit of a one sided view. You maybe need to read up on the British Empire a bit more!!
    Really? REALLY!? 😂 I would take an even money bet with you any day, every day that I’ve read more about it than you.
    Please enlighten me on where I have not correctly characterised arguably the most brutal, bloody and murderous ‘Empire’ in human history.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwoody View Post
    So where should we boycott? Uk for funding war regime's, so that's most of middle East ruled out. Perhaps African countries that use child Labor that get components for mobile fones and laptops or diamond /tanzanite rings. Asia? That uses child labour to put sports gear on your back. The states? That have no welfare help... where can we visit then?
    FIFA and UEFA are a part of these areas,so the SFA is complicit in this, so we should withdraw from the league and cups?
    Ok, so we can do nothing then and never try to change things for the better. Cool.

If the SFA came out and said they wouldn't go to Qatar if we qualified, as tough as that would be, I'd support that decision.

But I'm not talking about individuals. I'm talking about organisations. Sochi should have been boycotted in my opinion, Qatar should not have been selected. Sports bodies shouldn't go to these places, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Really? REALLY!? 😂 I would take an even money bet with you any day, every day that I’ve read more about it than you.
    Please enlighten me on where I have not correctly characterised arguably the most brutal, bloody and murderous ‘Empire’ in human history.
    Take a chill pill and save us your personal history knowledge of brutal empires, there's been countless over time and I doubt there's anyone out there who can tell us who was the most brutal.

First Team Breakthrough
    Ok, so we can do nothing then and never try to change things for the better. Cool.

If the SFA came out and said they wouldn't go to Qatar if we qualified, as tough as that would be, I'd support that decision.

But I'm not talking about individuals. I'm talking about organisations. Sochi should have been boycotted in my opinion, Qatar should not have been selected. Sports bodies shouldn't go to these places, in my opinion.
    If the SFA and clubs said they wouldn't buy from manufacturers that used child labour to put replica shirts on our backs ( including Joma) and wouldn't attend any domestic/ world cup /European club championship, I would be all for it.
    But as we buy the kits and attend these European/world cup games, we are funding those regime's. So it's up to us to send the message.

If the SFA and clubs said they wouldn't buy from manufacturers that used child labour to put replica shirts on our backs ( including Joma) and wouldn't attend any domestic/ world cup /European club championship, I would be all for it.
    But as we buy the kits and attend these European/world cup games, we are funding those regime's. So it's up to us to send the message.
    I agree, but I thinkt he main onus is on organisations as they have the real power.
    Last edited by hibby rae; 21-01-2022 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Take a chill pill and save us your personal history knowledge of brutal empires, there's been countless over time and I doubt there's anyone out there who can tell us who was the most brutal.
    There will be historians who could give it a damn good, informed go.

It's probably the Third Reich.

Doesn't mean the British Empire wasn't brutal though.

This feels like a Holy Ground topic 😂

Can anyone give me a list of countries that haven’t done horrible stuff in the past so that I can decide where I’m allowed to go on holiday next?

There will be historians who could give it a damn good, informed go.

It's probably the Third Reich.

Doesn't mean the British Empire wasn't brutal though.

This feels like a Holy Ground topic 😂
    You are right to say this belongs in another forum.

Having said that I nominate Stalin.

I didn't realise Al Faisaly play in maroon!? I hope there is some conspiracy involved in which Boyle is actually moving there to ensure their relegation!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You are right to say this belongs in another forum.

Having said that I nominate Stalin.
    Bet you wouldn't say that to his face 😉

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Can anyone give me a list of countries that haven’t done horrible stuff in the past so that I can decide where I’m allowed to go on holiday next?
    Best staying in house and not using any devices!
    Although I believe the mongols, Roman empire ( what have they ever done for us?) And aztecs, are probably safe
    Last edited by ozwoody; 21-01-2022 at 11:26 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    I agree, but I thinkt he main onus is on organisations as they have the real power.
    The power is in the hands of who is the members , I.e the clubs. The clubs are, largely, influenced by the members, I.e the fans.
    We don't buy season tickets or merchandise, the club suffers

The power is in the hands of who is the members , I.e the clubs. The clubs are, largely, influenced by the members, I.e the fans.
    We don't buy season tickets or merchandise, the club suffers
    Only to an extent, and it doesn't apply to a lot of things, in my opinion.

Bet you wouldn't say that to his face ��
    Winston did.. but stll needed him

First Team Breakthrough
    Only to an extent, and it doesn't apply to a lot of things, in my opinion.
    When it comes to football, yes, we have unlimited power as consumers. We are not reliant on TV money as they are down south

Stand by what I said earlier. 2.5m plus "add ons" is pish for our best player and it undoubtedly leaves us weaker.

We under sold McGinn and we've under sold Boyle.

I hope as I said, we invest it and get 2 or 3 top players which make us better and more balanced but history tells us that is rarely, if ever the case.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    Stand by what I said earlier. 2.5m plus "add ons" is pish for our best player and it undoubtedly leaves us weaker.

I hope as I said, we invest it and get 2 or 3 top players which make us better and more balanced but history tells us that is rarely, if ever the case.

Do you know of many clubs who were knocking at the door at ER offering more money?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post

He's only worth what someone is willing to pay and both him and McGinn wanted to move, neither of which anyone grudges they served the club well and most are happy with them making their own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I guess you are talking about England? ;)
    Essentially yes.
    But we can avoid the honest truth that us Scots have been the able and willing bullies gimps. A psychotic Millhouse character if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I’m perfectly chilled.
    Its the longevity and global reach of the British empire that sets us apart from all others. No one hold a candle to the Brits when it comes to exporting terror.

When it comes to football, yes, we have unlimited power as consumers. We are not reliant on TV money as they are down south
    Again, power only to an extent.

Knowing it was coming doesn't make it any easier. Gutted! Can't begrudge him an iota of it. What a brilliant servant to the club, great loyalty, a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Winston did.. but stll needed him

They were probably both steaming at the time so got away with it 😂

Sad day, losing our best player, and for Boyle if he stays there its the end of his club career at any decent level, playing for one of the worst teams in a backwater league, in a near empty stadium, I'm sure he could have got a better move than this, still earning a substantial amount but without effectively retiring in his prime.
    Last edited by Nakedmanoncrack; 21-01-2022 at 06:59 PM.