hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Boyle Bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got that impression too, I think he will definitely be back once he's made his money.
    Maybe. But I’m not sure (unless he’s still as pacey) we’ll be after him back in a few years. He’s nae spring chicken.

All the best Martin! Been a cracking player for us over the past few years and hope this move works out for him and the family.

Look forward to seeing how this money is invested now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I wonder if Lewis United (Martins first club) are due a fee 😁

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    When did calling something “harsh” become “slating”?

Cannae believe how quickly you’ve turned on a guy who’s been absolutely brilliant for us…
    Quickly? Should i go slower !!
    Slate= to critisise. He was publicly critical.

His comments were having a dig at those that made the decision to sack Ross.
    He turned on them.Not me turning on him.

He leaves some great footballing memories . The Hun Hat Trick for me !
    Lets hope Shaun spends what portion of the cash he gets,well.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 21-01-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Maloney will have known about the interest in Boyle before he signed his contract.

His best player, who wasn't his player, just earned the club £3m which will be put to good use.

A superb piece of business by Hibs, from recruiting him 7 years ago for nothing, then developing him so well that he is the first name on Australis's team sheet, to moving him on for a £3m profit.

Good luck Martin Boyle. No doubt you'll be back at Easter Road in some guise or another sometime.

The best bit of transfer buisness in the history of the club? In on a swap deal with Alex Harris, out for 3 million and no cut due to anyone. Have we ever bettered that?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I am Scottish and live in the Philippines with my Filipina wife and family. I speak out against all the abuses that take place in the Philippines along with many thousands of Filipinos and organisations here. Filipinos have a proud record of putting their lives at risk to oppose dictators, corruption and attacks on indiginous people - including in recent times the popular overthrow of two tyrinacal regimes. We are a long way from where Saudi is. Many sports people have put their principles before money when it comes to Saudi. Don't let the fact you live in a less than perfect country stop you from not glossing over how sport is being used in Saudi. https://www.elliotlaketoday.com/world-news/unlike-other-sports-stars-andy-murray-wont-play-in-saudi-4956045
    So it's ok for you to move abroad and get a better life , while ignoring sweat shops and sex tourists, yet you take moral high ground when someone else does the exact same thing you did? As I say, bizzare. I don't believe I said I lived in perfect country, the abuses of the indigenous in Australia is horrendous, but I won't be hypocritical and judge someone else's choices

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Britain contributes to that bloody money. We sell them 8 billion pounds worth of arms on an annual basis.
    Would you prefer they bought them from China or Russia?

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Maybe he should move to a country who have spent centuries stomping all over the globe. Raping, pillaging, enslaving and murdering on an industrial scale? A country who unashamedly makes billions selling weapons to facilitate the Saudi regime.
    Where a lying war criminal, who’s hands are drenched in the blood of hundred of thousands of innocent civilians, gets a knighthood and several cushy well paid jobs.
    Oh! Wait a mo’…
    (the lack of self awareness in this country is staggering)

So many experts on Saudi Arabia all of a sudden.

If you're going to start having a pop at Saudi you need to include most other countries in the Middle East. And large chunks of Africa. And tet's not forget about central or south America either whilst we're at it. Oh, and Russia and China of course.

Plenty countries in the world have shady human rights records.

Are we really suggesting that footballers shouldn't go to any of these countries?

Should tennis, golf, F1 etc all start boycotting countries that don't fit with our high standards?

Total BS. I'd go there in a heartbeat for the money. And the weather.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Maybe he should move to a country who have spent centuries stomping all over the globe. Raping, pillaging, enslaving and murdering on an industrial scale? A country who unashamedly makes billions selling weapons to facilitate the Saudi regime.
    Where a lying war criminal, who’s hands are drenched in the blood of hundred of thousands of innocent civilians, gets a knighthood and several cushy well paid jobs.
    Oh! Wait a mo’…
    I guess you are talking about England? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I guess you are talking about England? ;)

Blog Entries
    Quite a few comments on the negative and unjust aspects of life in Saudi Arabia, the low league position of Al Faisaly and their threat to quit the league because of poor refereeing, doesn’t augur well for Boyle. He might be led by the nose because of the financial carrot but I trust he understands that he’s not going out to a bed of roses. I wish him well but I wouldn’t be surprised if it all end up in tears.

I actually think this isn't a bad thing. We can't rely on one player all the time. It doesn't work. As well as being terrific money for the club i think it will make others pull up their socks. I think we've squeezed the best value out if this deal. Suits all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Quite a few comments on the negative and unjust aspects of life in Saudi Arabia, the low league position of Al Faisaly and their threat to quit the league because of poor refereeing, doesn’t augur well for Boyle. He might be led by the nose because of the financial carrot but I trust he understands that he’s not going out to a bed of roses. I wish him well but I wouldn’t be surprised if it all end up in tears.
    As long as we get the money upfront and he's got a signing on fee then it's all good...

First Team Breakthrough
    Good luck to him. He's made a choice for himself, Rachel and his family. The numbers talked about are eye watering, and I challenge anybody that was offered £1.5 million a year, saying they won't take it. For goodness sake, if any of us was offered £30,000 a year pay rise we would be packing our bags.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwoody View Post
    Good luck to him. He's made a choice for himself, Rachel and his family. The numbers talked about are eye watering, and I challenge anybody that was offered £1.5 million a year, saying they won't take it. For goodness sake, if any of us was offered £30,000 a year pay rise we would be packing our bags.
    £30,000 a week pay rise you mean?

My wife would be packing my bags!

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    No I’m not joking. If he’s sensible with his money and gets a testimonial he will be set for life without wasting his career going to Saudi Arabia. No one in their right mind would choose to go over there in the prime of their career, it’s a horrific career move.
    Is his testimonal going to be a sell-out Worldwide tour of the Nou Camp, San Siro, Wembley, Dallas Cowboys, Parc Des Princes, Beijing Birds Nest and Riverplate Stadiums?

Ludicrous comment. Good luck Boyler and enjoy the rest of your life in comfort with a stellar career behind you to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Theres a 9 minute on on Hibs tv and it was mentioned quite a bit towards the end about him possibly returning in the future. Certainly sounded to me like he doesnt plan on hanging around over there for long. I may be reading too much into it though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    He will definitely be back. Who wants to live out there for that long? He’ll go for a year or two earn his money tax free then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Oh! Wait a mo’…
    A bit of a one sided view. You maybe need to read up on the British Empire a bit more!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    £30,000 a week pay rise you mean?

My wife would be packing my bags!
    Mine would be packing my bags if it was £1,000 a week pay rise!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGray View Post
    He will definitely be back. Who wants to live out there for that long? He’ll go for a year or two earn his money tax free then come back.
    Not necessarily to us. I reckon he'll want to finish his career at Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwoody View Post
    Mine would be packing my bags if it was £1,000 a week pay rise!
    Mine would pay me 1,000 to pack my bags

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The best bit of transfer buisness in the history of the club? In on a swap deal with Alex Harris, out for 3 million and no cut due to anyone. Have we ever bettered that?
    Its definitely up there. Were we not still getting money from Steve Fletcher’s second and third transfers down south. The Tach had those sell-on clauses tied up tight.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    So many posts like this on here just picking at things that don't exist, Big Bad Ben, Ian Gordon swanning around doing whatever he wants, Ron not being interested etc etc.
    ?

Just saying what I think. Isnt that the idea?

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I think Boyle and the club conducted themselves with credit during this.

Sad to see him go as he's one of my favourite players and a key part of our attacking threat. Chance for others to shine and excited to see what we do in the transfer market now and more importantly for me, in the Summer.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Not necessarily to us. I reckon he'll want to finish his career at Aberdeen.

Or maybe Australia and settle there.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    A bit of a one sided view. You maybe need to read up on the British Empire a bit more!!
    It's not inaccurate, which part of it is wrong?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Or maybe Australia and settle there.
    I can see Sydney Fc or Melbourne City... 2 great cities to bring up kids

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Up there with Allan for Henderson on loan and McGeoch, or Allan coming back on loan in that three-way (😮) deal with Scott Bain.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    So many experts on Saudi Arabia all of a sudden.

If you're going to start having a pop at Saudi you need to include most other countries in the Middle East. And large chunks of Africa. And tet's not forget about central or south America either whilst we're at it. Oh, and Russia and China of course.

Plenty countries in the world have shady human rights records.

Are we really suggesting that footballers shouldn't go to any of these countries?

Should tennis, golf, F1 etc all start boycotting countries that don't fit with our high standards?

Total BS. I'd go there in a heartbeat for the money. And the weather.
    Bit of whataboutism here, not relevant to a conversation on Saudi Arabia, you don't have to accept s*****y tegimes because others do it. In answer to your question about boycotts. Yes, yes they should.