Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd watch it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Hibs had a few nightmares involving Arbroath in the 70s.

The worst I can recall is a Scottish cup replay at ER when they beat us 2-1.
    Big blonde striker Fletcher scored for them I think
    That was a horrendous game to watch !

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    The worst I can recall is a Scottish cup replay at ER when they beat us 2-1.
    Big blonde striker Fletcher scored for them I think
    That was a horrendous game to watch !
    I watched it in a soaking wet Dunbar end. We were 1-0 up. Can’t recall why I was in there but there was sheer fury afterwards and a mob gathered behind the stand. Not everything about Tom Hart and Eddie Turnbull time was as rosy as it seems now.

I also remember a 0-0 at ER in the earlier 70s, Gordon Marshall in goals for them and a game we were expected to stroll.....

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Groot View Post
    Good on them but I hope they are nowhere near the Premiership next season. Scottish football is ridiculed enough. I can imagine a Hollywood “d” movie about their exploits with them playing in tartan and running out to highland cathedral on the bag pipes and shortbread at half time. Fingers crossed.
    Well, I hope they do gain promotion and play at Gayfield. This is exactly what football should be about. Ross County compete in the Premiership and are based in Dingwall a much smaller town than Arbroath. C'mon the Red Lichties stir up the corrupt big guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It would be a great story if they come up although from my own point of view I don't imagine Gayfield has great wheelchair access/facilities so hopefully they will groundshare with Dundee.
    From the Arbroath website:

"Gayfield Park, home of Arbroath FC has two enclosed disabled seating areas on either side of the main stand which are reserved for wheelchair users and their assistants / carers. Each area can accommodate up to 3 wheelchairs and 3 assistants / carers.

These areas also have wall attached seats which fold down in place for any assistant or carer that is present on the day.

Each side is accessible via a smooth flat surface suitable for wheel chairs with a disabled toilet on the opposite side of the stand.

Our match day stewards are always on hand to give assistance either into the ground, or to the accessible areas.

Unfortunately due to Gayfield’s location we don’t own any parking spaces around the ground, but there is plenty of spaces on either side of the ground to park which is all completely free.

If the distance from the main gate to the accessible area is too far, then we are happy to accommodate a vehicle into the ground for a close drop off. In this circumstance we would please ask that you contact the club a day or two before hand and arrive a little earlier than normal.

We offer a concession admission for those with a disability and free admission to any assistant or carer present.

We are a community club and hope to give all visiting and home fans the same experience as they are welcomed into our ground.

The attached image shows the two areas of the main stand which are reserved.

If you have any questions we are always there to help Tel; 01241-872157 or email; office@arbroathfc.co.uk"

From my experience in a previous job they seem fairly on it
    Last edited by hibby rae; 16-01-2022 at 06:23 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Groot View Post
    Good on them but I hope they are nowhere near the Premiership next season. Scottish football is ridiculed enough. I can imagine a Hollywood “d” movie about their exploits with them playing in tartan and running out to highland cathedral on the bag pipes and shortbread at half time. Fingers crossed.
    This is where I'm at. Other than being a nice wee story, I don't think they would offer much in terms of raising the profile of the league. I like Dick Campbell but the last thing the Scottish top flight needs is another 'small' club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    This is where I'm at. Other than being a nice wee story, I don't think they would offer much in terms of raising the profile of the league. I like Dick Campbell but the last thing the Scottish top flight needs is another 'small' club.
    I'd say they'd do more to raise the profile than a Killie getting promoted. It's a great story that people would have an interest in.

Clearly good enough if they win the league so good on them! Yhis is what it's meant to be about.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I'd say they'd do more to raise the profile than a Killie getting promoted. It's a great story that people would have an interest in.

Clearly good enough if they win the league so good on them! Yhis is what it's meant to be about.
    Hear, hear.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quite honestly I’d be bricking it if we got them away from home in the cup. A very tough team to beat who have scored a few late winners in the last season or two. They never accept that they’re out of a game.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    From the Arbroath website:

"Gayfield Park, home of Arbroath FC has two enclosed disabled seating areas on either side of the main stand which are reserved for wheelchair users and their assistants / carers. Each area can accommodate up to 3 wheelchairs and 3 assistants / carers.

These areas also have wall attached seats which fold down in place for any assistant or carer that is present on the day.

Each side is accessible via a smooth flat surface suitable for wheel chairs with a disabled toilet on the opposite side of the stand.

Our match day stewards are always on hand to give assistance either into the ground, or to the accessible areas.

Unfortunately due to Gayfield’s location we don’t own any parking spaces around the ground, but there is plenty of spaces on either side of the ground to park which is all completely free.

If the distance from the main gate to the accessible area is too far, then we are happy to accommodate a vehicle into the ground for a close drop off. In this circumstance we would please ask that you contact the club a day or two before hand and arrive a little earlier than normal.

We offer a concession admission for those with a disability and free admission to any assistant or carer present.

We are a community club and hope to give all visiting and home fans the same experience as they are welcomed into our ground.

The attached image shows the two areas of the main stand which are reserved.

If you have any questions we are always there to help Tel; 01241-872157 or email; office@arbroathfc.co.uk"

From my experience in a previous job they seem fairly on it
    Cheers, what I'm not clear about from that though is whether either of the areas are in the away end.

Not keen on going back to the days of disabled away fans being lumped into the home areas of the ground.