hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It still seems a bit strange buying a pub that's traditionally a football fans watering hole and then turning away or at least discouraging fitba traffic. The idea that the Four in Hand would ever have a sign up saying no football colours is hard to process in all honesty. My personal experience being an avid pub goer pre match over 40 plus years is that though fans can be a wee bit rowdy it rarely gets worse than that, I can honestly say I've never seen a fight in a pub full of fans, even ones with fans of both sides.

From Hibs point of view if its getting harder or at least less inviting to frequent the boozers around the stadium on a matchday it opens the door for Hibs to push the likes of behind the goals more than they do. In fact we could do worse than build a big Wetherspoons style boozer in the east / FF corner that you can access on matchday so long as you have a ticket for the game, coz at the moment its just a wasted space.
    With a corner stand above the place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It still seems a bit strange buying a pub that's traditionally a football fans watering hole and then turning away or at least discouraging fitba traffic. The idea that the Four in Hand would ever have a sign up saying no football colours is hard to process in all honesty. My personal experience being an avid pub goer pre match over 40 plus years is that though fans can be a wee bit rowdy it rarely gets worse than that, I can honestly say I've never seen a fight in a pub full of fans, even ones with fans of both sides.

From Hibs point of view if its getting harder or at least less inviting to frequent the boozers around the stadium on a matchday it opens the door for Hibs to push the likes of behind the goals more than they do. In fact we could do worse than build a big Wetherspoons style boozer in the east / FF corner that you can access on matchday so long as you have a ticket for the game, coz at the moment its just a wasted space.
    That's fair enough, but from experience of being on the other side of the bar, it's not always the nicest.

Agree with Hibs doing something else at the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Wonder what the new Four in Hands like whatever it’s called
    Gone down the anti football route sadly

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Because it’ll still be empty on the night

Yeah, and the previous chat was all about it never selling out, so it means folk have had to move on to some other form of attack

Given the number of tickets sold to walk ups, it's quite clear that it'll be at least 75% full, which would be pretty fair with it being an evening game in winter, i.e. a few folk not wanting to take their kids.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Hibs offering £17.50 per sold back ticket, my grandsons seasons only cost £50 each, honestly think Hibs are offering too much back for a kids returned ticket.

I read it as its only adults that can be sold this way

Promising Youngster
    Got my tickets today, can’t wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liberton_Hibs View Post
    I read it as its only adults that can be sold this way
    I think thats what they mean but read it differently to you

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    I think thats what they mean but read it differently to you
    Would defo suggest emailing ticket office tho if any kids can't make it, see what the club can do 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I hope enjoy watching thousands of pounds walk past their front door every other week.

This is what Leith is becoming.

Nauticus is like that - it was The Cavern on Duke Street; they don't open until 2 in the afternoon, they might as well nail a sign on the door saying "football not welcome here".

The Brass Monkey on Leith walk are so militant about football colours its no wonder you can get a seat with ease on a match day. It's a shame as it's a big pub and they could do a roaring trade on match days if they encouraged football fans more.
    The Cavern was never on Duke St , drank in it for many a year and it was in Bernard St back then

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Yeah, and the previous chat was all about it never selling out, so it means folk have had to move on to some other form of attack

Given the number of tickets sold to walk ups, it's quite clear that it'll be at least 75% full, which would be pretty fair with it being an evening game in winter, i.e. a few folk not wanting to take their kids.
    Any chat I’ve ever seen is about it being empty, whether that be through unsold or non attendees. Regardless if it’s a midweek game against hearts or a weekend game against Livi, the place will have a multitude of empty seats. It’s interesting but I’d genuinely wager a bet there are many tickets completely unused throughout the season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hibs offering £17.50 per sold back ticket, my grandsons seasons only cost £50 each, honestly think Hibs are offering too much back for a kids returned ticket.
    Only adults I think

Well, I've put one up for resale, so let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Only adults I think
    Doesn't say that tho!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Wonder what the new Four in Hands like whatever it’s called

There was something on twitter after the Cove game about them knocking back anyone wearing football colours. Craft beer place now. Place will struggle with that attitude.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Doesn't say that tho!
    It says only adult tickets can be purchased, little ambiguous but I reckon you can only sell and buy an adult value ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It says only adult tickets can be purchased, little ambiguous but I reckon you can only sell and buy an adult value ticket.
    I've put one of the kids tickets back on the exchange.

Seems to have been bought, but no idea if I'll get the credit for it.

I always look forward to sellouts and asking some random to vacate my seat!🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    There was something on twitter after the Cove game about them knocking back anyone wearing football colours. Craft beer place now. Place will struggle with that attitude.
    It's actually a very nice bar in its own right. It's definitely not a football or sport bar, but then those type of pubs have been closing on ER for years so there clearly isn't enough demand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    The Cavern was never on Duke St , drank in it for many a year and it was in Bernard St back then
    Correct. Nauticus used to be the parlour. It was the golf tavern for many years before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's actually a very nice bar in its own right. It's definitely not a football or sport bar, but then those type of pubs have been closing on ER for years so there clearly isn't enough demand for them.
    Coming up easter road you had persevere shades coopers tamsons iona royal nip four in hand all before albion road. Changed days sadly.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I'd like to think that football fans looking for a traditional boozer near their spiritual home ground so they can get loaded on lager and spirits pre match to build up to the occasion of a proverbial 6 pointer against city rivals far outweighs the people that want to sit and sip on craft beers with names like pig and lettuce with a hint of almond pale ale and talk about cricket and water polo... What do I know though.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd like to think that football fans looking for a traditional boozer near their spiritual home ground so they can get loaded on lager and spirits pre match to build up to the occasion of a proverbial 6 pointer against city rivals far outweighs the people that want to sit and sip on craft beers with names like pig and lettuce with a hint of almond pale ale and talk about cricket and water polo... What do I know though.

😂 So true.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    What was the pub on duke street before it was nauticus? I think I’m going nuts, I could have sworn it was called the cavern before it shut and became Nauticus - or Notforus.
    Last edited by Jones28; 27-01-2022 at 05:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evy View Post
    It's almost as if some business owners have decided it's easier to forgo the income for an easier life for their staff, football fans aren't always the best of customers. Saying this as someone who worked in bars for 15 years, including 5 in The Albion.
    I’ve worked in bars too and had my fair share of hassle to deal with. It’s more about the change in pubs that have never been anything other than Hibs pubs closing their doors to and actually discouraging football fans from being customers.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    What was the pub on duke street before it was nauticus? I think I’m going nuts, I could have sworn it was called the cavern before it shut and became Nauticus - or Notforus.
    The parlour

I get the feeling that the “football pubs” can tend to struggle on non-match days, therefore they’re making a decision to try to be profitable 13 days a fortnight rather than one.

Pretty depressing sign of the times nonetheless.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Are the pink seats the seats that season ticket holders have handed in for resale?? The dot count is now shoeing up pink seats.

@hibs.net private member
    So it sounds like a sell out. Must be the first for a long while - probably since 1-3 Hearts. Really looking forward to the atmosphere and hope we get a good game and singsong.

Players should really be upping their game against Livingston to get in the team.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk