hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't understand why the club are happy to throw money away to keep up this failed experiment in the FFL.
    It's not really a failed experiment. It worked well for the first 10 years or so, but as people have grown up, they've moved elsewhere and instead of families replacing them, they've been replaced by people buying season tickets as cheaply as possible without necessarily attending.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    Unless I’ve made a huge error there’s now in the region of 390 tickets left for this match.

more than half of those are in the FF Lower. Ron and Ben need to make a decision on that section for next season. They really do. It does nothing for the ‘Hibs brand’ to see that section looking empty and forlorn for a derby match.
    Totally agree. It just isn't working and hasn't for some time. A packed FFL would look so much better beamed to the world on SKY. Surely on Ron's radar. He isn't daft.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Do we know if the club is holding any tickets back for potential half season ticket sales?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Do we know if the club is holding any tickets back for potential half season ticket sales?
    I would think the answer is yes but probably only a small number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    If someone buys a half season ticket then the ticket disappears from the Hearts game.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Just with the chat earlier about the digital season ticket pass. Has anyone managed to get it to work with an iPhone 12? The QR code on the Apple Wallet is located at bit that does reach inside the scanner.

I did have some success with copying the QR code into the Notes app on my phone but even that seems a bit temperamental these days.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Just with the chat earlier about the digital season ticket pass. Has anyone managed to get it to work with an iPhone 12? The QR code on the Apple Wallet is located at bit that does reach inside the scanner.

I did have some success with copying the QR code into the Notes app on my phone but even that seems a bit temperamental these days.
    What about screenshot it and then make it smaller / larger for the scanner or ?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    104 left now.

50 in the FF lower
    39 in the West upper
    14 in the FF upper
    1 in the West lower

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    104 left now.

50 in the FF lower
    39 in the West upper
    14 in the FF upper
    1 in the West lower
    It's clear as day where the problem area is.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar

In the West I have managed to get it to scan in some gates but it doesn't seem to work in all of them for some reason.

I'm probably being really thick but what's the cause of the FF lower generally poor attendance issue?

I get the issue of people buying cheap season tickets in that section then not necessarily attending every match, but why are the walk up ticket sales so poor for that section, even for big games like this one? i.e. not including St's there's still rakes of tickets to be sold in that section for the derby. Is it just because it's a lesser view of the pitch? What's the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    I'm probably being really thick but what's the cause of the FF lower generally poor attendance issue?

I get the issue of people buying cheap season tickets in that section then not necessarily attending every match, but why are the walk up ticket sales so poor for that section, even for big games like this one? i.e. not including St's there's still rakes of tickets to be sold in that section for the derby. Is it just because it's a lesser view of the pitch? What's the solution?
    There's not rakes of tickets left, there's 50 which means 99% of seats have already been sold in the FF lower. The issue is whether they turn up or not.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 25-01-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Better views at the sides and since the new East was built theres room for more in the stands at the sides.

Part of the problem is you can only buy a seat in the Famous Five Lower if you also buy a child ticket at the same time...

Testimonial Due
    I think the famous 5 lower is a way of getting a cheap adult ticket and you can go when you fancy and occasionally take a child. When my kids were young they wanted to go to games and the lower section was packed. I would make the adult ticket full price and a much cheaper child(s) one. Don't have a dedicated family area but could be bought anywhere in ER. That would stop big empty spaces and people only buying seasons if they really wanted to go to games and they can be accompanied by their children.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    I think the famous 5 lower is a way of getting a cheap adult ticket and you can go when you fancy and occasionally take a child. When my kids were young they wanted to go to games and the lower section was packed. I would make the adult ticket full price and a much cheaper child(s) one. Don't have a dedicated family area but could be bought anywhere in ER. That would stop big empty spaces and people only buying seasons if they really wanted to go to games and they can be accompanied by their children.
    It's not the cheapest place for an adult to sit anymore.

You can sit in the bronze seats for cheaper and the silver seats are the same price.

@hibs.net private member
    Part of the problem is you can only buy a seat in the Famous Five Lower if you also buy a child ticket at the same time...
    I have just bought a half season ticket in the FFL, they took my money without any child’s ticket being bought.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    I have just bought a half season ticket in the FFL, they took my money without any child’s ticket being bought.
    Strange as I'm sure last year when I purchased the tickets in that section it wouldn't let me purchase without a child ticket in my basket.

I know for individual games you definitely need a adult/child combo which means we can't see tickets if the rest of the ground is empty which is just silly.

I'm sure Ron Gordon would agree being a businessman that turning away money from paying customers makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Regardless of the FFL situation it looks as though this is about to officially sell out - just 50 tickets left. Good job all.

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Regardless of the FFL situation it looks as though this is about to officially sell out - just 50 tickets left. Good job all.
    Just had a count as easy to do with so few left:

West Upper 10
    West Lower 1
    Famous Five Upper 10
    Famous Five Lower 13

Total 34

Knowing Hibs more tickets will start to appear?
    And once sold out Season ticket holders can notify Hibs not attending and ticket can be resold via Hibs - think Season ticket holder gets some credit that reduces next season ticket cost?

Put it on your Lock Screen. Then it’s full screen and closer to the bottom of the device. I had the same issue.

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone selling a ticket for the East? ££

@hibs.net private member
    Strange as I'm sure last year when I purchased the tickets in that section it wouldn't let me purchase without a child ticket in my basket.

I know for individual games you definitely need a adult/child combo which means we can't see tickets if the rest of the ground is empty which is just silly.

I'm sure Ron Gordon would agree being a businessman that turning away money from paying customers makes no sense.

I’ve now moved to the East but this was definitely the case when I was in the FFL lower with 2 kids tix 2 years ago. You had to buy at least one kids ticket.

I can't understand why the club are happy to throw money away to keep up this failed experiment in the FFL.

Looks like there's only ten left in the FFL, so we were both wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

The issue may only be clear on matchday like previous times...

I'm delighted it's going to be a sell out, though.

@hibs.net private member
    My first and last dot count, don’t know what the fuss is about, it’s easy…….18 tickets left😎

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

Tickets v Hearts

3 tickets left in the West, FFL sold out and 10 individual seats left in the exec seats in FFU, good work Hibs fans, should sell out tonight/tomorrow morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk