hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Martin Boyle appreciation thread

What a player he's been for Hibs! He seems to improve every year that he's been at Hibs.

If he stays, I will be very happy. However, if he leaves us I will wish him all the best (unless it's to the Lesser Greens).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMqhSmbfsEo

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Starman

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    He has developed into one of the best players i have seen in the 40 years i have supported the club. Past 3 years he has been ridiculously good. Up there with the sauzees ,latapys , riordans etc
    His performances against hearts at tynie xmas - new year 2019 , huns in semi at hampden just some of his highlights 💚

Top, top player and I very much do not want him to go. Getting 3rd should be the aim and he'll be key in us doing that.

Hope he gets his 20grand a week move abroad he's well deserved it.

Boyle and SJM 2 of the most enjoyable players to watch at ER in recent years.

Wish him all the best if he leaves - too guy.

Boyle has been excellent for us and, whilst I'd prefer him to stay, I won't criticise him if he does leave given the rumoured salary would set him and his family up for life.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Legend

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Boyler, if you leave then Ryan Porteous will have nobody to keep his ego in check.

I hope he doesn’t go, I really don’t but if he does I hope he’s hugely successful and that he returns to us one day.

Possibly the most improved Hibs player ever from joining the first team to his peak.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    It's always difficult to tell how it's going to work out with youngsters, I remember when Alex Harris first came into the team and I thought he was going to be the next super star at Easter Road, he got injured and never really regained his early promise, Boyle at Dundee looked like he had pace but not much else, while Boyle has just got better and better, I think Alex Harris is now plying his trade at Berwick.

If Carlsberg did swap deals then Boyle for Harris must have been the best swap ever, I would be sad to see Boyle go but if he does, he goes with my best wishes.

@hibs.net private member
    Most improved player I've seen in my 40 years watching Hibs and deserves to play in a better team than the one he has the last couple of years - hopefully that will be an improved Hibs under Maloney.

His progress is a huge credit to Martin himself for his hard work - he seemed to get his act together after the 2016 Cup final and related matters. Amazing way to respond to adversity. Credit also to Neil Lennon for making him a fixture of his team and setting him on that road of improvement.

Brilliant player. Better than I ever thought he would be and I liked him under Stubbs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyler, if you leave then Ryan Porteous will have nobody to keep his ego in check.

I hope he doesn’t go, I really don’t but if he does I hope he’s hugely successful and that he returns to us one day.

Possibly the most improved Hibs player ever from joining the first team to his peak.
    Your last paragraph exactly ties in with my thoughts.

I wasn't exactly jumping with joy when he came, although I knew we had a 'Player!'

He developed and confirmed my more positive thoughts (many haven't over the years)

Will be really gutted if he goes but if its to someone outside our own league it'll be with my best good will and appreciation of what he's done for us.

GGTTH!

Incredulous that no team down south has came in with a massive offer for a player every bit as good as Ryan Kent at the rangers.
    Hope he stays and we improve the rest of the squad with him in it marauding down the opposition's half. Squirrel is the nuts!!

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Oh!! We must be playing one half of the ugly sisters next, the weegie press are running stories to unsettle our top players again!!
    This happens everytime and our support fall for it all the time.
    Relax!!
    Boyler is going nowhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy McKirdy View Post
    Oh!! We must be playing one half of the ugly sisters next, the weegie press are running stories to unsettle our top players again!!
    This happens everytime and our support fall for it all the time.
    Relax!!
    Boyler is going nowhere!!
    £0.5m transfer fee?

An offer for a man married to a female footballer to play in Saudi? She’ll love that!

Doubt he’ll be unsettled.

A fantastic player who gets me off my seat, please stay squirrel 🙏
    Last edited by Pretty Green; 10-01-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Not just his goals and assists return (which is great and improves season on season), but the fact opposition teams are petrified of him. This leads them to commit extra resource in an attempt to nullify him which frees up space elsewhere on the park 👏🏻

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    £0.5m transfer fee?

An offer for a man married to a female footballer to play in Saudi? She’ll love that!

Doubt he’ll be unsettled.
    life Abu Dhabi (UAE) ? Not Dubai (Saudi Arabia) but didn’t he head there after the Cup Final with McGinn and someone else?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Most improved player I've seen in my 40 years watching Hibs and deserves to play in a better team than the one he has the last couple of years - hopefully that will be an improved Hibs under Maloney.

His progress is a huge credit to Martin himself for his hard work - he seemed to get his act together after the 2016 Cup final and related matters. Amazing way to respond to adversity. Credit also to Neil Lennon for making him a fixture of his team and setting him on that road of improvement.

Brilliant player. Better than I ever thought he would be and I liked him under Stubbs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Boyle. He was a bit heidless chicken when he signed and it was Lennon who got him performing at a much better level.

He's not perfect, but he's carried this team at times. He's earned all the praise he gets and hopefully gets the chance to perform at a World Cup, it's just a real pity it won't be with Scotland ( we have nobody like him).

Whatever the future holds for the guy, he will be remembered for a long, long time at Hibs. He deserves to play in a cup winning Hibees final, I hope he manages that this season.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Take the money Squirrel you earned it

Sorry to see you go bud

It’s a short career

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You just cant fail to love him, his smile and the way he speaks in infectious. Add to that he's a quality player who's improved and improved year on year, and you can see why he's vital to us.

Yet saying all that, the model we have is to make them better and sell them on, hopefully for us to increase the quality in the squad as a whole.

We've not really done that in the past, it's proved really difficult, but if we could get £3m for him, we need to invest that into 3 or 4 players who might cost £300k-£400k who will increase the quality and make us better as a team.

Personally i hope we keep him and do that with £3m from the sale of Nisbet or Doig, but i know football does not work like that.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You just cant fail to love him, his smile and the way he speaks in infectious. Add to that he's a quality player who's improved and improved year on year, and you can see why he's vital to us.

Yet saying all that, the model we have is to make them better and sell them on, hopefully for us to increase the quality in the squad as a whole.

We've not really done that in the past, it's proved really difficult, but if we could get £3m for him, we need to invest that into 3 or 4 players who might cost £300k-£400k who will increase the quality and make us better as a team.

Personally i hope we keep him and do that with £3m from the sale of Nisbet or Doig, but i know football does not work like that.
    deserves more of a return for his efforts in terms of honours but he can’t do it all on his own. Great player and one we developed, along with his potential and dedication so could be the dilemma between using him to showcase to recruits and to suitors what we can do an achieve in terms of improvements and return on investment. Set out our stall to argue the case for higher fees.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Nisbet for 3 million would be one of the best deals ever.

All the best to Mr Boyle, although I have a feeling he will end up staying.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Nisbet for 3 million would be one of the best deals ever.

All the best to Mr Boyle, although I have a feeling he will end up staying.
    £1 million for Nisbet would be a steal.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Love the guy and he gets Hibs, all my "legends" tend to be from the tornadoes era with one or two along the way like Lewis, SJM, most of the 2016 cup winners but Boyle fits in there in modern times, not many about.

Whatever he does next I wont think any less of him.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 10-01-2022 at 07:26 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Some strike vs livi

Your quite good Martin

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    life Abu Dhabi (UAE) ? Not Dubai (Saudi Arabia) but didn’t he head there after the Cup Final with McGinn and someone else?
    Dubai is not in Saudi Arabia.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    If Martin Boyle does go, I wish him nothing but the very best and will definitely keep an eye out for how he is getting on. A huge personality who played a big part in our revival, played his part in bringing the Scottish Cup home and has developed into an unbelievable player for us over the past 4 seasons.

Like John McGinn, I’d be sad he’s going but delighted for him at what will be mega money (setting him up for life) and a new adventure.

Personal highlight was his double at Tynecastle - the second Hibs win I’ve seen there following the Horgan derby.

Would love him to stay, but totally understand if he doesn’t.

@hibs.net private member
    Boyle is the main man at Hibs now - our main threat in pretty much every game. He has pace to burn and has improved his skills year on year - but what I think makes him special is his attitude - he gets booted up and down the park every week without fail but he NEVER hides but gets straight up and straight back at em. Brilliant to watch - will miss him if he goes.