hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best Scran

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Made a cracking healthy Chinese fakeaway tonight - made a thin two egg omelette, put to one side then diced and softened a red pepper, baby corn, broccoli, onion, leek, carrot and some pineapple using 1 calorie cooking spray. Added a finely chopped red chili, two cloves of garlic and root ginger along with half a teaspoon of five spice. Added a microwave pack of whole grain rice. Added soy sauce. Added a few raw king prawns and cooked through.

Rolled the thin omelette and cut into ribbons and added. Made up a quarter portion of Chinese takeaway curry sauce. Scattered some chopped spring onion on top and served a little of the curry sauce on the side.

According to my app, around 500 calories per portion and plenty protein, fibre, veg and the like but tastes like a proper filthy takeaway.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Filthy takeaways are more than acceptable.

A lot less effort too.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Made a cracking healthy Chinese fakeaway tonight - made a thin two egg omelette, put to one side then diced and softened a red pepper, baby corn, broccoli, onion, leek, carrot and some pineapple using 1 calorie cooking spray. Added a finely chopped red chili, two cloves of garlic and root ginger along with half a teaspoon of five spice. Added a microwave pack of whole grain rice. Added soy sauce. Added a few raw king prawns and cooked through.

Rolled the thin omelette and cut into ribbons and added. Made up a quarter portion of Chinese takeaway curry sauce. Scattered some chopped spring onion on top and served a little of the curry sauce on the side.

According to my app, around 500 calories per portion and plenty protein, fibre, veg and the like but tastes like a proper filthy takeaway.
    The Chinese curry sauce you get in the supermarket is outstanding. I usually hate when people say that something tastes just like the real thing because 99% of the time it doesn’t - it might be good but it doesn’t taste the same - but that sauce really does.

It’s great for when you want something that feels a bit more indulgent but it’s not really.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the well fired morning roll. The really burnt ones.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the well fired morning roll. The really burnt ones.
    Proper crispy ones, not the supermarket ones that feel like a normal roll with some sort of black flavouring painted on 'em!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Proper crispy ones, not the supermarket ones that feel like a normal roll with some sort of black flavouring painted on 'em!
    Absolutely , ones that you have to cut and don't have a natural hinge edge

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Stephen’s well fired in selected Scotmid stores, can’t beat them

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar

Sounds class - though what’s the curry sauce recipe :-)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Sounds class - though what’s the curry sauce recipe :-)
    You can buy little tubs of concentrate from Tesco that are just add water - it’s one of those things you’ll never be able to quite replicate so you may as well have a cheat for it. As Stubbsy 90+2 said, it's exactly the same as you get from a takeaway but you just need to add a little over the top to get the same feeling of a takeaway but much healthier.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 20-05-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    You can buy little tubs of concentrate from Tesco that are just add water - it’s one of those things you’ll never be able to quite replicate so you may as well have a cheat for it. As Stubbsy 90+2 said, it's exactly the same as you get from a takeaway but you just need to add a little over the top to get the same feeling of a takeaway but much healthier.
    I used to buy blocks of it from the Chinese supermarket for the house, now I take it from my Chippy!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I used to buy blocks of it from the Chinese supermarket for the house, now I take it from my Chippy!
    The Gold Fish Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Stephen’s well fired in selected Scotmid stores, can’t beat them
    Definitely.

With tomato crisps in them.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Definitely.

With tomato crisps in them.
    I think the well fired rolls have been covered earlier in the thread, worth numerous mentions though.

Heavily buttered, then either a doorstep of cheddar cheese with onion, or GW Salt & Vinegar crisps (by themselves). 1980's school holidays food from the Gods! 😀

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I got a well fired roll once by accident and thought I’d taken a bite out an ashtray.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I got a well fired roll once by accident and thought I’d taken a bite out an ashtray.
    Philistine!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I think the well fired rolls have been covered earlier in the thread, worth numerous mentions though.

Heavily buttered, then either a doorstep of cheddar cheese with onion, or GW Salt & Vinegar crisps (by themselves). 1980's school holidays food from the Gods!
    They were and they are

Bakers along the road getting a wee visit on Sunday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    They were and they are

Bakers along the road getting a wee visit on Sunday morning
    Enjoy! 🖒

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The Gold Fish Brand?
    No, used to buy Maysan extra hot or Malaysian from the Chinese supermarket for the house. We use Dinaclass Irish Recipe Curry sauce in the Chippy.

Attempting to replicate Dishoom’s biryani tonight. Got my chicken marinating early.

Attempting to replicate Dishoom’s biryani tonight. Got my chicken marinating early.
    https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/dishoom-chicken-berry-britannia-biryani/amp/

An absolute humdinger of a recipe. Replaced the desi maggi with chili powder and the saffron with turmeric.

@hibs.net private member
    https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/dishoom-chicken-berry-britannia-biryani/amp/

An absolute humdinger of a recipe. Replaced the desi maggi with chili powder and the saffron with turmeric.
    If you’re from Edinburgh and looking for particular spices for curry’s, amma spices on Gorgie Road is brilliant. I’ve been a few times for some obscure spices from the Dishoom book.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    If you’re from Edinburgh and looking for particular spices for curry’s, amma spices on Gorgie Road is brilliant. I’ve been a few times for some obscure spices from the Dishoom book.
    I'm not unfortunately but thanks for the heads up - I do have friends near Gorgie Road (who pleasingly ****ing hate the Hearts) so can ask them to pick me up some if they're on the way up or pop by myself.
    Last edited by Northernhibee; 24-05-2022 at 09:10 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Just made a home made buratta pizza.

3 day cold proofed dough made with Caputo Americana flour from Naples. Yester Farms Fior Di Latte, home made sauce made from Mutti San Marzano tomatoes. Cooked in the Ooni on a low heat (low for a pizza oven anyway!) for about 7 minutes.

Out the oven, topped with some torn basil, some broken up buratta (never cook the buratta) and a bit pecorino romano over the top. Sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Just made a home made buratta pizza.

3 day cold proofed dough made with Caputo Americana flour from Naples. Yester Farms Fior Di Latte, home made sauce made from Mutti San Marzano tomatoes. Cooked in the Ooni on a low heat (low for a pizza oven anyway!) for about 7 minutes.

Out the oven, topped with some torn basil, some broken up buratta (never cook the buratta) and a bit pecorino romano over the top. Sublime.
    That sounds fabulous.

I'm cracking out the BBQ tomorrow to make a chicken gyros - will have three skewers through around twelve chicken thighs which will have been marinated overnight in yoghurt, garlic, cumin, paprika, a tiny bit of cinnamon, garam masala, pepper and lemon juice. Will turn regularly and carve off strips once cooked and will make flatbreads and serve with halloumi, salad, tzatziki and hot sauce.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Made some homemade bruschetta yesterday. Easy to prepare and delicious. Finely chopped tomatoes and onion mixed in a bowl with garlic, basil and olive oil to make a thick paste and salt to taste. Slice a thick crusted white bread or baguette so that it fits in the toaster and spoon on the mixture while the bread is still warm. I will definitely do this more often.

Air Fryer Baby Potatoes with Rosemary in 15 Minutes (tastyoven.com)

I made these over the weekend. went heavy on seasoning but they were fantastic and a real crowd pleaser. Making again tonight

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Made some homemade bruschetta yesterday. Easy to prepare and delicious. Finely chopped tomatoes and onion mixed in a bowl with garlic, basil and olive oil to make a thick paste and salt to taste. Slice a thick crusted white bread or baguette so that it fits in the toaster and spoon on the mixture while the bread is still warm. I will definitely do this more often.
    I've made this a few times (minus the onions) - absolutely tremendous and really easy as you say. You can elevate it to epic levels if you use the traditional Italian toasting bread meant for Bruschetta - pan pugliese. Available in Sainsbury's and Waitrose - quite expensive but def worth it, especially if you toast it on a griddle pan.

Experimented with a pizza tonight, used the Chippy curry sauce instead of tomato for the base, topped with halloumi, grated mozzarella, jalapeños, sweetcorn and some torn pepperoni, it was outstanding.

@hibs.net private member
    Got a starter and have been making sourdough bread. Surprisingly so easy, a lot better than sourdough from the shops. Thinking of doing kombucha

Been making Turkish eggs in the morning - garlic 0% fat Greek yogurt, two poached eggs, fresh mint and just a little Aleppo pepper brown butter. Toasted mini seeded wrap to scoop it up.

About 325 calories and really quick.